FBSC Colombian Gold

These pics were taken about mid August. I should be able to get more pictures tomorrow.

28 Likes

Wow…Love that…amazing that you have this growing!

Will it finish up where you are?

2 Likes

It’s going to be close. My father in law and his buddy have them growing. I’m headed over there tomorrow, so I can snap more pictures.

4 Likes

Great, that’s excellent!

…it looks like they must have topped a few times

Then again these grow a bit like a Christmas tree…snow had said these were marked 1972 when someone gave him the seeds to reproduce and get out to the world

3 Likes

I’m growing the Colombian Gold now. I’ve just started.
6 for 6 first seed batch. I’ll pop.more later. I want to get the first 6 grown out a bit before I pop more.

2 weeks since i dropped them in gauze sponges to germinate. 4 days the tails were out.
They got fed for the first time yesterday :100::dove:

16 Likes

Do you plant the sprouted seed with the sponge?

1 Like

No I just pull it out and drop it in soil. Then into a rectangle 20 gal tank. I make a homemade saran wrap lid, then slap a cheap LED shop light on top, humidity and temperature gauge inside the tank.

I’ve got it all on video documented each day, and all I had to do with shell surgery to get them to take off. :dove:

Here I lined up 3 different strains in a single gauze sponge, then I just marked the 3 strains with masking tape. That way I can pop.more seeds at once. :dove:

After I’m done I use boiling water to clean the gauze sponge and bowl then reuse it.
I also use some on the soil containers. This prevents passing pathogens, viruses and diseases from seeds to soil.

10 Likes

well, farms use it as a deodorizer for their animal pens. Maybe give your garbage a spritz when it stinks? You can drink it as a daily probiotic, for sure use it all over your yard to give the soil some life…as a foliar spray on any part of your garden to increase yields and quality…

2 Likes

This thread seems fairly mature. Is there really an active sign-up going on here?

2 Likes

The signup was from last year.

4 Likes

I use LABS about monthly with watering(couple table spoons per gallon), I’ll spray everything down including chicken coop and run(sanitizes, kills pathogens and smells, breaks down organic material), lower parts of plants, soil(anywhere you want to “make healthy”) 1 cup per 3 gallons. And sometimes spray the upper parts of plants. 1tbs per gallon. This is all in the evening right before dark. I’ve found adding too much when spraying leaves can kinda blanch them and curl them. But soil drenching I don’t think you have much limitation.

5 Likes

Almost forgot to post these. Not sure these will finish, but I’ll keep y’all updated.

28 Likes

Thanks for these pics!

Hope you get another chance closer to harvest…or they might have to put under a hoop something??

might not tolerate cold much…Looks like a True Landrace Colombian

Wonder if they topped it or if it grew like that?

1 Like

glad to see people grow them out. it is all good in the long…run. gives one plant knowledge. out door is always a gamble ma nature can be rough sometimes. keep pushing on see what they will do for you. plants are tough, they can take a bit of abuse. [mild frost] i have learned to not harvest early always push them. wait for the purple color telling you they feel the cold then watch trics. things happen fast this time of year.

bit of bud booster might get them moving more but go easy sativas can be picky eaters.

3 Likes

Love these threads involving old school genetics !

3 Likes

I believe she was topped once.

I’m headed out there today, so I’ll be able to grab some more pictures.

3 Likes

It looks like I’m a year late for this one. :cry:

If anyone has a couple of these beans laying around under the couch, behind the dog house; or wherever, let me know. This is something I would definitely like to run soon.

1 Like

Hey @rocket ask here bud no one on this thread anymore.

1 Like

Not sure how We Missed all alot , I’m a oldtimer70sentiesOldFART , who knows @Old-Ron
@ReikoX @Upstate @GregOG @G-paS Thanks OGers… Open pollinated organic feed the soil outdoors Lat 28 we can trade white widow ibl. Thanks for Listening …

OVERGROW THE WORLD with love of life green carbon sesquation, home grown Herbs …Peace.

6 Likes

hey @CrunchBerries , how’d these end up for you? Did they make it?

2 Likes