FBSC Lemint Seed Run

Super nice thought passing out pollen. I can’t use it at the moment so if someone else can…

3 Likes

Ok cool. I’ll take your name of the list bud

2 Likes

I would totally use it to pollinate some of my flowering super lavender jacks. (Super silver cough (SSH x The Cough) x Lavender Jack (Jack Herer x Wookie)

2 Likes

Awesome!! I’ll put you on the list. Please send me that shipping info. Thanks!

2 Likes

They are doing there thing!
January 5th will be 2 months since germination.

https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijuana-growing/marijuana-strains-and-breeding/breeder-s-laboratory/925-collecting-storing-and-mailing-pollen

21 Likes

:heart_eyes:A lot of pollen…

2 Likes

This female below was noticeably taller then the other 3. She has a thicker stock as well.

Phalaenopsis pollinia storage at sub-zero temperature and its pollen viability assessment.

13 Likes

Good post.
Long term storage is in the freezer and only 4 weeks at room temperature.
If I dry it out and stash in a freezer for 6 months and then mail it to you (say a couple weeks transit)… The pollen should be viable?

Sounds like something fun to try… :thinking: :+1:

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Thanks Gpaw. The pollen has to be sealed for it to last at room temperature as far as I read. I think if the pollen is collected at its most viable giving it’s cool out with a silica packet in with it, then I think there would be a good chance that at least some would be good after a long trip. I have been reading a lot about pollen that is white is usually imature and usually no good. I think I harvested this pollen when the males were at there peak.

4 Likes

I haven’t described the process yet (they are still in veg) but I’ll be playing with pollen storage this grow.
I’ll collect, desiccate, vacuum pack & store.
Most references say to use immediately after coming out of the freezer but I think if the pollen is already vacuum packed it should be good for weeks afterward. We shall see!

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Every time that you thaw pollen for at least 12 hours before use, it looses viability tremendously. I think it would be best to make several packages so your not dipping out the same jar.
I was reading about people putting pollen in the fridge for 2 days with rice before storing in the freezer. It’s supposed to get rid of unwanted condensation. Helps preserve it’s viability. Some people dust their pollen with flour to help keep it dry at ratios of 1:1, and 4:1 flour/pollen.
The pollen I recently sent after drying I put silica in with it to absorb any moisture/condensation. I did not mix in flour. So silica, rice, and flour, or all three can be used to keep the pollin dry.

4 Likes

This run is about over. Seeds are maturing. I would say 2 or 3 more weeks and that’s it!

Hey everybody. We all now know that it’s possible to make seeds from pure landrace sativas indoors in 3 to 3 1/2 months.

These seeds look just like the originals (at the top of the thread).
I’m very excited to get these grown out and drying.

20 Likes

Even though I’ve read all of these posts, I definitely got chills seeing this one. Job well done @corey
Truly a labor of love that I appreciate for both the physical result, and for the wisdom it adds to our community!

5 Likes

Those are some small well developed seeds! Congratulations!!!

4 Likes

So far I have mentioned my favorite pheno, and the more stocky taller one out of the four females. The 3rd pheno for today was not the last to start flowering but is the slowest to mature. Beautiful structure… all plants are wide except for the tall one, but still have the tent pretty full with there wide stature. These plants love space and light. Very branchy and wide. I bet they get 20 ft outside no joke…

And a group shot

15 Likes

So far I mentioned my favorite female, the taller more stalky thinner plant, last one I mentioned was the slowest flowering plant, so that makes 3 out of 4. This plant below is the 4th female almost identical to the slow flowering pheno. When they are done I will do a single pic of each plant with a brief description. If you have been following along then you are up to date.

The seeds are just starting to turn brown, and they hardening. They full seeds too. No empty ones. I still can’t find one live pistil on anyone of the plants. They haven’t backed off the water either. I think these plants know they are fully pollenated and going to die soon. You can just tell that they are putting all there energy into making seeds. Limbs are dropping, plants are leaning.
Every time I open the tent these plants branches come growing out. Very wide and Christmas tree shape…

https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-94-015-8909-3_15

22 Likes

Some beautiful plants man, great work with this grow. Looks like an African jungle in there.

4 Likes

Thanks @Oldtimerunderground. The tent is pretty much full. These plant are very wide. Every time I open the tent branches come falling out…

3 Likes

As we are at the end of this run from this magnificent plant there is not much left to say. Fingers crossed they finish without any problems.
Unless I find something significant to post about I will not update for a week. I will be giving the plants 10 ml of coconut water every watering and will make sure the plants stay fully hydrated.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/agricultural-and-biological-sciences/seed-development

8 Likes

Really nice project.
Looking forward to the smoke report!

1 Like