FBSC Shashamane Reproduction Run

Hey y’all :wave:t5:

Doing my first Freakers Ball preservation run of the Shashamane, Ethiopian sativa Landrace strain.

I started with 16; one seed didn’t pop and 4 seedlings couldn’t handle the soil I put them in so I lost 5 total which is unfortunate, especially for the ones that were burned alive by the soil RIP. I chopped another 4 that turned out to be hermies so that leaves us with 7 plants (6 females & 1 male).

I actually started loosely documenting this grow over in this thread, linking the first post so that you can scroll down and see how it began:

Here’s a link from the breeders blog I obtained them from, he theorizes that this strain is actually Lambs Breath and was brought over by Rastas (Jamaica) that settled in Shashamane some decades ago: Could Shashamane Sativa be The Rare Lambs Bread? – East Africa Genes

This post is starting in the middle of the story so I’ll just post my current pics here and the rest will be posted below as replies.

Currently notes: The male is shorter than most other females except one and is taking its time, will probably be a few weeks before any sacs start to open up. Also a bit concerned I didn’t veg them long enough, they are stretching but we’ll see. No scents coming off any of the females just yet a lot of hair though.

60 Likes

Interesting theory on the rastas. I’ll pull up a spot on the grass and join you on the journey.

:peace_symbol:

6 Likes

these look good my friend. you are doing an outstanding job and you know ive been watching from the start. ill be watching here too

8 Likes

Plants look great.
I will be watching your progress. :slightly_smiling_face: :v:

5 Likes

I’m gonna pull up a chair, in the corner. That is, if you don’t mind :v:t4:

7 Likes

I’ll be watching too. Good luck!

7 Likes

Looking forward to this one. Shashamane is supposed to be one of Africas best Sativas. Looking good!

8 Likes

Looks good, they seem happy to be plants. My friend’s dreadlocks perked right up when he heard Lambsbread. :stuck_out_tongue: It may be a different name for it, but a rose by any other name…

9 Likes

I’ll be here in the corner :eyes:

5 Likes

Be watching this one for sure, best of luck df :seedling:

3 Likes

Very nice, following.

3 Likes

Good luck!

3 Likes

Amazing preservation, I’ll follow…

3 Likes

Have you ever heard of Jamaican “long-time” weed?

4 Likes

I’m here for the show!
Visiting with my family this week, but there’s always time for this: I bless this grow with the headiest of Heady Bear vibes!

2 Likes

No but I’m listening

1 Like

Supposedly there is a pheno or strain related to lambs bread called “long-time” on the island of Jamaica. it takes way longer to flower than normal but it supposed to be premium quality and very racy by comparison. Its an interesting story because its kind of a self selecting land race thing going on with the long flower times but hybrid pollen has kind of washed across the island so you reproduction should be really neat to watch

8 Likes

Very interesting. Thank you for sharing.

4 Likes

I am tracking this one.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ve seen the Jamaican “longtime weed” being offered by the Landrace team but I hadn’t decided if I wanted to pull the trigger yet. Wanna say because of the price or intimidation of the long flower bit, that said, I have no clue how long these will take lol. I’m hoping kinda long so they have more time to stretch

5 Likes