Fighting Buddha gets Cobb’d & 2023 deBauchery

Prep is done. Firing-up the Water after dinner. Finding a decent spot for the rig… and Fighting Buddha/ CloudWalker / Roof95 / Alaskan Purple

I also prepared a pkg of Panama Red as well, why not. 5 total now

17 Likes

Nearly reached for my Lighter when I saw how that roof95 Rolling-Job turned out (1 1/2 oz.)

14 Likes

17hrs down 7 to go.
Here is a Sous-Vid machine in-progress. 40c programmed for 24 hours. It heats and circulates the water. I thought that with so little air in the 5 samples, that they would Not be bouyant.

Wrong on that one. Just like Corks, still. So that is a big can of Beans… and a waste basket, with just enough water in it, to keep the bundles submerged… and below the high-level mark

It’s working

10 Likes

Looks interesting should be good always wanted to con some bud . I’ll be following along .

2 Likes

Nice…
The buds would turn out :fire::fire::fire:

1 Like

While my Buds cook and marinate, I’m gonna dig through this great thread on Cob Curing, by one of our own.

4 Likes

Love the thread - wishing you

borat-very

Curious how the Cloud Walker will evolve through the cure.

That diagram was created by repuk on icmag, I just wanted to be sure that others over here could refer to something simplified.

Presuming you’ll be working with the range on the diagram but how long are you intending doing the initial sweat & the secondary sweat/ferment? What temperature are you shooting for in initial and secondary?

4 Likes

What does this process do?Never read or Heard of It.A lot curious

1 Like

My goal is simply to Follow the instructions, at least on this initial Pass.

Its all completely new to me, lets just say I love Congo weed, and its always been an old method spoken of.

The CloudWalker has proven to be a beautiful strong hitting plant, with the occasional sharp/harsh bud… thats one of the reasons I shuffled her to the front of the line. See if there is any difference down the road.

Putting a little science to my inventory…

Thanks for checking in. Nice to know I can ask questions

4 Likes

Long-term storage is one of the traditional goals. i’m Doubtful thc etc values will change, but there will be flavour and fragrance, possibly effect, whats a good word… evolution

3 Likes

Interesting
@MissinBisson

1 Like

@Andrexl, we’ll both become curious bastards. how can that hurt

1 Like

I see,a man of culture Indeed
@MissinBisson

1 Like

After 36 hours of Sous-Vid at 40c, there was no-visible moisture or liquid at the ends of the Cobbs or along any seams.

Great News as that means the next step is right into a prolonged Low-Heat stage exposure.

For 1-2 weeks, this globe of Cobb, Towels and a Germination Mat @ ~ 80F, will be slowly brewing in the dark corners under my desk, wrapped in Another towel…
See you in a couple weeks

12 Likes

After 2 weeks, the prepared Cobb’s have had a Long Slow heat applied to them, in the form of a Germination Mat amongst a bundle of Towels.

I’m really happy to state that there was some activity in 3 of the 5 Cobbs.

The Roof95 had the biggest event happen. That involved visible patches along the Cobb, where you could see that the Parchment Paper had been wet or appeared darker than the surrounding area. And that the empty areas within the Vacuum pak, had a Discolouration to it, almost like a Nicotene stain was Inside the bag… this was my sign that this packge had indeed been impacted by the Sous-Vid and did produce some moisture from within the buds.

When I had opened the vacuum sealed Roof 95, there was no (zero) moisture present, the buds were Dry, so I weighed and resealed the Cobb for the long-haul.

Two other Strains, showed Damp and maleable areas at each End of the Cobb; CloudWalker and Panama Red were the affected strains. CloudWalker spent the evening open to the fresh air and successfully Dried the obvious dampness. Both strains were reweighed and Sealed as well.

FYI Each bundle that was opened, was weighed. Each Cobb has lost 5-6 grams in the last two weeks while vacuum sealed

15 Likes

Lets talk about the Canaries for a second. These little buds were the Signals of failure, should any Mold or Decay take place within the package. Kind of like the Flag of Defeat. None of the Canaries showed any Fuzz or mold which was great, but you could see that they did sweat to some degree, leaving a tiny Sheen on the film…
At this point they are no linger needed and have become very Flammable lol
These buds, which have become dry and brittle, seem more like a loose hashish now… the smell has been jacked-up two or three times more than it smelled previously.
I’m not sure which of the Canaries I crumbled, but it was a Super joint, and had a definite kick to it

13 Likes

I wonder if the terps are being “pushed” deeper into the plant material in the sous vide sealed like that?.. very cool man!

1 Like

Thanks for checking it out. I’m looking forward to hearing some of the ideas and questions as well, that will come from this. My first attempt at this technique @breadwinner. Wrapping them closer to the plants being taken off of the drying rack, would be the ideal Timing, the next time around. I carried this out 4-5 weeks after that timeline.

Super Happy to have-had a bit of a Reaction from the process that was applied. Gave me Something to chew-on, literally lol

5 Likes

There will be a couple people that can address that for us. Great question?

1 Like

I reckon heat changes the terps somewhat, and I can imagine trichomes melting with the solvent assist from warm terps. All locked in and redistributing the “juices” throughout the flower, like resting a brisket.

I think what’s going on is probably far more complicated, of course, especially in the lengthy aging step, but just a thought I had about the initial sweat.

Can you see full trichomes after cobbing, or just stalks/empty heads?

3 Likes