Foreigner Goes Legal

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

The genetics I ran this time were clones off the last run. I think the reason for the heavier yield is that they had about a week extra veg time.

I’m so glad I got the 6’ tent.

@Joboo I’m still thinking about doing another WW NL run but I might prefer a bit more variety. If this hash run goes very well I will run the NL again for sure.

I wouldn’t mind a trichome heavy hash plant or maybe some Hindu Kush or something short flowering with some Durban in it.

I don’t know yet :slight_smile:
All the best.

8 Likes

Good day all.

Another busy one today. I made bubblehash.

It started with rehydrating my dry buds.
The plate is to weigh it down.

Then I rigged up my fancy attack weapon

Loaded up the bags and went to town

I didn’t use the medium size screens because I’m too lazy to do all that pulling. 160u down to 45u. This is a “full spectrum” hash.

I did 4 runs. The first 3 are top quality. The fourth, still good but not as good.

I would ordinarily collect all the 25u for cooking but it was so slow draining and the quality was very low and green so I didn’t bother with it. Shame but oh well.

Yield seems a bit low but it’s all quality.

Here’s a pic for scale:

All the best

@Joboo

20 Likes

Hahaha your stir stick is amazing

5 Likes

Thanks!

It’s a bit silly but it works great. Really turns the slurry into some vortex action. I wouldn’t use just the paint stirrer, the wooden spoons are required.

5 Likes

Hey kickass!! Btw how much trim and what not do you save back to do a run? Since I only grow 2 plants at a time currently I don’t ha e a whole lot of trim you know…like from my last run I got a half bag of a 1 gallon bag in the freezer but defi Italy did t want to waste it on not getting much. Figure ill save it all up for a couple more harvests before I try to make any

1 Like

Definitely save it up. It’s a whole lot of work so you need to get more than a little to make it worthwhile. With rehydrating and going to the store for ice and stirring and draining and clean up it takes all afternoon.

This was about 200g half buds half trim give or take. I just eyeball it.

Edit: I estimate a 7% return on this run but it’s just a guess

3 Likes

Right on…yeah i was figuring saving up from my last run, this run and then when I get my new tent I should be able to do atleast 4 plants so then that one too and see where I’m at

1 Like

I have a tool for degassing my wine that I think would work well for that, I think it was only $15. You mount it in a drill, just keep alternating direction every 10 seconds.

4 Likes

Good day all:

I’ve been finding myself thinking “how do they make that commercial hash so shitty?” You know, the one that’s so hard and black that it breaks your fingernails, smokes like a charcoal briquette, and barely gets you stoned.

This is all caused by a major proportion of plant material in the mix.

So, I happen to be in possession of such a substance. It is “Red Lebanese.”

Notice how it looks like shit.

Closeup

It’s all black with a few red spots and looks like a picture taken by the Hubble space telescope.

Now,

I also collected just the smallest bit of 25u bubble hash (before I gave up yesterday.) So I will use that as a comparison. This is what I would consider trash not worth smoking.

Notice that it looks like shit.

Now see the closeup. Another Hubble photo.

I can only assume the whitish stuff is/are trichome stalks but I dunno.

Both of these samples smoke much the same way but the 25u is pliable because it’s still fresh.

So there you have it. Keep plant material out of your mix. Yuck.

My good hashish is still being dried and will be pressed in the next few days.

All the best

11 Likes

A couple 3 runs of bubble mixed jar of various strains . It’s like a box of chocolates every chunks a different trip .

14 Likes

I believe that jar is in a class wayyyy above these little samples :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Not sure what I’ll do with this bag of crystal maybe try screening it see if I can get some green out, or press it into a brick .

7 Likes

I’ve heard of this trick to get the green out of dry ice hash, it may work for this… basically dump it in a jar of cold water. The trichomes should sink and the plant matter should float. You can then decant off the plant matter, leaving the trichome heads in the water…

9 Likes

That bag is the result of final clean up out of the shake tub (once shake is removed ) sweepings you’d call it. I run it through bubble bags it makes excellent hash also it makes great dabs squished .
If dry screened it’s like beach sand just gotta get my lazy ass to decide it’s out come .

5 Likes

Good day all:

Making hash is hard work. It takes 15 minutes to make an 1/8. But it’s worth it.

I started off with some bubble. Then I squished it with a hot water bottle between tough plastic and folded it over into itself like a puff pastry. I did this 5 times.

It ended up like this:

And then this:

See how it collapses a little under its own weight? That’s a good sign:

This is medium quality. It was the bubble from the 3rd and 4th pull.

The next few will be even nicer.

All the best

20 Likes

That looks nice man, great job :wink:

3 Likes

Real-time update -

So this was from the second pull off the bubble run. It is better quality than the previous pressing. The better the quality the more difficult it becomes to work with.

It liquifies

Here she is all flat. If you look closely you can see a little bit of leafy contamination

And some glamour -

My arms are tired

All the best

22 Likes

By plant material you mean leaves and stems? I only ask because I kept the leaves that were coated in trichromes for when I do my run. I dont wanna smoke a turd lol

2 Likes

well im all out of likes again man but dude thats some nice looking stuff and thats not even your highest quality im sure of that!! You big tease!! :joy:

2 Likes

Last hash related pics today I promise.

Pressing of Northern Lights bubble hash first pull 4.8 grams.

Very tacky. Had to go into the freezer to behave.

And a stretch flourish that happened to work out. (Or maybe it just looks like a turd).

Thanks for looking and have a lovely day!

15 Likes