Foreigner Goes Legal

Thank you @joboo!

By contamination I just mean a tiny bit of leaf or bud got in with the resin.

You can use trim to make hash, you just need to filter out the plant matter and get the resin goodness!

5 Likes

When you say first pull second pullā€¦ your meaning multiple washes? The yield is worth doing it multiple times?

3 Likes

Oh okay cool I got yaā€¦i was like dang man I thought I could use this stuff :joy:ā€¦ so basically the commercial stuff you were showing imo shows the laziness of the maker. Which makes sense because it is commercial so a lot of time you lose quality. Damn shame tho. The difference between your lower quality and fheir ā€œgood stuffā€ is night and day brotha. Wish I was in Canada right now lol we wouldnt even be moving :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Correct multiple washes. I did 4 washes this time.

Youā€™re still getting some good yield down to the fourth wash but it has more contamination. The lower grades are still very good, Iā€™m just a snob.

But there is that trade off between yield and quality.

5 Likes

so the first wash is going to be your higher grade right? And the first yielding bag is the lower and quality goes up as micron goes down correct? Or do I ha e that backwards? I really canā€™t wait to get enough trimmings co sisterly to make hash. It is my favorite concentrateā€¦I mean come on itā€™s the original!!

2 Likes

Iā€™ve found I enjoy the process more when I only collect with the 45u bag.

But you are correct in your thinking.

Iā€™ve collected with the 73 bag (I think) and have made hash thatā€™s more of a dabable goo than what Iā€™d call hash. Frankly itā€™s too gooey to smoke easily and so I donā€™t collect that way.

4 Likes

Right on man. Like Iā€™ve told you before ill most likely consult with you once Iā€™m ready to make mine. I know i can find videos a Dime a dozen on the internet but Iā€™d rather do it this way

2 Likes

Sure thing! Any questions shoot me a PM.

3 Likes

Thanks my brotha

2 Likes

Iā€™ve made it twice, and my bags are so tiny I lost all interest after the first run lol

2 Likes

What size are the bags?

For your reference this run was 100g bud and 100g trim in 5 gallon bags.

Yield was 11 grams total of various grades, mostly very high quality.

4 Likes

I bought the cheapest 1 gallon awkwardly narrow ones possible. My fault

3 Likes

Carve out a bowl and heat a wire up and burn a hole threw turn it into a smokable pipe . Can I ask with your bubble hash your making does it get hard like a rock once dry or stay pliable .

Your pictures have it looking more gummy if that makes sense mine drys to powder if I chop it or leave in chunks !

Ce pipe nā€™est pas un pipe (I think I got that right).

It stays pliable but I wrap it in plastic and burp it as if itā€™s newly dried weed. After a couple weeks it will cure to what I would consider shelf stable but I still store tightly wrapped in plastic.

This was dried in chunks for a couple days at room temp. It was bone dry but once you press it the trichomes burst open into homogeneous ooze.

5 Likes

Sounds good might have to try that method . I do heat and press bricks but mostly just break into gram size chunks and jar for a few months .

3 Likes

I believe itā€™s ā€˜ceci nā€™est pas une pipeā€™. Let me Google it to see whoā€™s smarter :thinking:

Edit itā€™s me :nerd_face::nerd_face::nerd_face::nerd_face:

hqdefault

Seriously though I only know that because I hung out with a chick who was an art student I college and remember her rambling on about it lol. I donā€™t really get it, sure looks like a pipe to me!

4 Likes

Ah shit you are right. I was so close. My lady went to art school :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Then she should know itā€™s clearly a pipe lol.

Sweet looking hash btw, I just got my bubble bags and have been dreading starting to go through my tons of trim. I think Iā€™ll use a system similar to yours, looks very straightforward!

4 Likes

Thanks man. Iā€™m pleased with how it turned out.

Itā€™s a lot of work so making it simple is a big priority for me.

Thereā€™s something to be said about using all the bags and getting a feel for it.

Go for it!

All the best

4 Likes

Growing is a series of ups and downs.

I had a good day yesterday, everything went well with my hash making.

Today however, not so good.

Iā€™ve been interested in autos because I have a balcony that gets great sun but unfortunately gets wicked light pollution. Oh, and wind. Like my metal furniture ends up in one corner of the balcony wind.

So I put my auto into its final pot and put it out on the balcony. I had planned to stake it up immediately. It is very windy.

I forgot for an hour. I came back and the main growing top was snapped all the way down the middle.

Seriously, one hour.

It was a freebie so Iā€™m not too upset about the plant. Iā€™m mostly upset that the weather is too hostile for Cannabis.

I staked the remainder but my hopes for this lady are very low now.

Not the end of the world, but for fucks sakes.

12 Likes