Foreveryoung's Perpetual Good Time Emporium

True story :laughing:

:green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes

Hahaha

Yeah I think so haha, you know there are still people out in rural areas that have some militant catholic beliefs.
But they are just seen as nuts.
We have become a pretty open, liberal country in many ways, we still have a way to go.
Think we were the 1st country to legalise same sex marrige by vote in 2015, we’ve since removed our 8th amendment which banned abortion and in its place overwhelmingly voted in some of the most liberal abortion laws in europe.
In my lifetimevthese were illegal for religious reasons, homosexuality, contraception, divorce, playboy, clockwork orange, in fact the censorship board for the country was controlled by the church haha fun times.

Did it stir up some old memories? haha

3 Likes

Yeah, fuck all that. Kinda sounds like where the US is headed now, actually. But, uh

Seriously? Clockwork Orange? I can see why religious freaks might have an issue with some of that other stuff, but Clockwork Orange? I don’t think I realized how repressive it was there, pretty interesting. Shitty and horrible haha, but still interesting.

2 Likes

The emporium certainly has expanded, was reading back from Feb and the storms. I’m outta likes for 13 hours, be back later to drop the Celtic love

FĂĄsann tĂș cosĂșil le gnome homie

4 Likes

Haha thats nothing even Casablanca was banned back in the day. They loved a good banning.

Hey @Heliosphear great to see you man. Hope you and Mrs Heliosphear are keeping well.

Haha, not to mention my short ass looking like one.
Go raibh mĂ­le maith agut man.

3 Likes

Soo we have some activity on the mushroom front.

The Mexican mushrooms starting pinning heavily and just this evening I noticed my 1st little mushroom. (I believe)
These little white dots are going to develop into mushroom. They are actually growing really quickly, like I can notice a difference in development between at 8am this morning & checking again at 8pm.

Im pretty certain this is my 1st little Mexican mushroom and it was barely noticeable this morning. (Roughly half way up, slightly to the left in the pic below)

This is the Mazatapec, they are just starting pinning, I actually thought they were going to fruit 1st. Theres way more mycelium growth with these, the entire exposed surface has developed a pretty dense fuzzy white layer, much more than the Mexicans.
They are known to be a slightly slower variety, but a good one for a novice.

13 Likes

Thanks!

That is really cool!
I’ve been thinking of branching out in that direction also.

Cheers
G

6 Likes

@Gpaw on shrooms
 I uhhhh, I guess it’s a good idea. :sunglasses:

I too have a thought about growing some mushrooms, @Foreveryoung looking forward to your results.

4 Likes

Nice shots! Those tubs from Holland came pre-colonized? That’s really cool, definitely simplifies the process and reduces the need for sterility quite a bit. I think the differences between Cubensis strains are often way overblown other than differences in vigor, morphology, yield etc. If you wind up looking for variety in potency and effects for just a slightly raised difficulty (Requires biologically active casing layer & manure, otherwise very similar) I would highly recommend looking into Panaeolus cyanescens.

7 Likes

Thanks @Gpaw , if I didnt have access to the pre colonised kits, it would have taken me a lot longer to make the leap to be honest.

I’d say give it a go if you can @Heliosphear . If nothing else, Im getting a buzz out of watching these do their thing.

Love the artwork too man.

Yeah man, its so convenient, especially for a complete novice like me.
The are really cheap too, it was only €21 for the kit, theres a larger size available too, I think its twice the size of this one.

No doubt you are right man, Ive never really noticed any difference in my limited experience either.
I just liked the idea of trying a couple of different varieties from that neck of the woods, Im a history nerd & they give a good sales pitch haha, recounting old cultural uses.
I came pretty close to going for the Ecuadorian variety, mostly because of the picture of Quetzalcoatl.

Im going to test the water cautiously in relation to potency, Ive had a couple of uncomfortably intense experiences in the past. To be fair the worst & last time was from cannabis edibles haha.
I’ve found a couple of Dutch shops selling kits of the Panaeolus cyanescens as Coplandia Hawaiian.
5 times stronger than cubensis, wow.

Ive run into my 1st little issue, Ive got a good few mushrooms trying to grow on the inside edge of the plastic tube. It seems to be a common problem, they recommend just covering the sides with foil and I moved a light source directly overhead.

Im thinking, would it make sense to remove them from the tubs in future?

But other than that, the Mexicans are progressing nicely. Im really enjoying watching them grow.

15 Likes

Neither have I, but I do like the idea of growing shrooms that were sourced from Mexico/Central America, just because I’m such a fan of the weed that comes from those areas.

I dunno where the shrooms that I have came from, but they kick fucking ASS haha.

You’ll be fine, dude. I was thinking the same thing when I first started eating them again, just because I have panic attacks, so I started with 1.5 grams. Next time, 2 grams. Next time 3 grams haha. It’s all been fine. And then we always kind of keep eating an occasional cap through the day/night, after the initial dose, just to keep it going haha.

It’s all fine. I honestly have never had a bad experience on shrooms.

5 Likes

Yeah man, exactly our plan too. The other half wants in on it now haha. Just going to ease into it, slowly test the waters.

Had a couple of developments in the last few days. 1st one is negative, picked up a little contamination in the Mexican tub, tiny little flecks of green mold, like the type you get on bread. So I scooped the effected part out, with a sterilised spoon, sprayed it with h202 & after a while sprinkled the area with salt too.
I was worried about getting the mushrooms finished before it got worse.
This is the tub yesterday & the scoped out infected section.

2nd development is this, I came out this morning and they had shot up over night. The veils completely torn away on some of the shrooms & purple spores dropped. Can’t believe how quick it happened.

I left a few of the smaller mushrooms, just to see what happenes, but due to the contamination Im going to dump it soon.

Ive ordered another kit, Mexican again, but twice the size. They seem really vigorous.
The Mazatapec are only barely starting to form its 1st mushroom, seem really slow.

15 Likes

How are the LBLs progressing? :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

@Foreveryoung

TĂĄ sĂ© rud beag scanrĂșil go raibh do phost deiridh ina dornĂĄn de beacĂĄin chumhachtach, rinne tĂș Ă© go dtĂ­ an taobh eile nĂł dĂ­reach tar Ă©is turas fadtĂ©armach? :rofl: DĂĄirĂ­re, tĂĄ sĂșil agam go bhfuil tĂș fĂ©in agus an teaghlach sĂĄsta agus slĂĄintiĂșil, bĂ­odh Holidaze iontach agat. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Go raibh mĂ­le maith agut @Heliosphear , mo chairde.
Haha yeah the mushrooms may very well have played a role in my absence.
I micro/macro dosed(doubled the recommended micro dose for my weight)daily for a little while, then started doing it every second day.

Not sure if its just the placebo effect or I was just a bit buzzed, but whatever happened, around that time I started to make a lot of changes, got a job I really wanted, stress levels are way down, spending more time with the kids & growing really nice flowers, generally just getting my shit together a bit.

Kinda lost interest & also hiding from the online world a bit, every time I look at my phone its more terrifying global news, my electricity bill is gone by thousands as has all fuel, so just tuned out for a bit.

Still growing shrooms, getting pretty decent returns.

This is a pic from work

Hope you & Mrs Heliosphear are keeping well & all set for the Holidaze too.

10 Likes

Fuck the shrooms, how’d the weed turn out???

I’m kidding! Haha. Just glad to see you posting again, I was worried there for a little bit. Good to hear everything’s going relatively well for you right now.

But seriously
 How’d that weed turn out? Haha

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing, we are very happy your doing well. The Frosty Rose is incredible, must have been really amazing in person. Thank You for the well wishes, be good to yourself and keep loving that family life. PM your addy and I’ll send yah a large OverGrow sticker, yah know for nostalgia. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Hahaha Im not great at these subtle hints, do you want to see some pics or not?

Here are some of the LBL, out of the 6 beans that popped only 2 were female. Both plants are very similar, smells are really strong citrus - lemon.

The Chasca, out of 13 beans 12 were female, unfortunately 5 threw out some balls, all around week 3-5 of flower. Varied from random lone male flowers to little clusters of flowers on some plants, so they were culled, Im not into plucking them. I have found the odd random seed, but I was diligant in checking them & am not bothered by the odd random seed.

The remaining plants are beautiful, putting on some intense colours in response to the cold temps. These pics are of the shorter, squatter, quicker phen. There are a couple of larger longer flowering plants that are still flowering, I need to grab some pics.

14 Likes

Temps dropped liked crazy overnight froze them solid, had been ridiculously warm for December too, they should have been dormant months ago, never mind still flowering haha, was cool to see.

Thanks very much man.

7 Likes

The same thing happened to Mrs Shadey and I, when we started micro dosing, massive big shift in life for the better for both of us.

8 Likes