Foreveryoung's Perpetual Good Time Emporium

Oooh, man, that Dragon’s Blood x A11 looks tasty. They actually remind me a ton of the straight Apollo 11 f4’s of Bodhi’s I’ve grown a couple times, all sorta “fuzzy”-looking. I think Bodhi described it as “seal fur,” which I thought was pretty accurate haha.

Do it! Haha. You may wanna consider picking up Paul Stamets’ “Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms,” too. I’ve slowly been reading it; it’s kinda considered the best mushroom-growing book for people who don’t know how to grow mushrooms. Like me haha. He’s pretty well-thought of in the mushroom-growing community, kind of considered one of the “gurus,” actually. I bought that book after I ate some shrooms last November for the first time in about twelve years, just because, like weed, I was like,”Why am I paying for this if I can do it myself?” haha.

I’ve kinda lost the desire to grow my own shrooms for the time being. Sometimes lately I haven’t even felt like dealing with the weed plants. I figured, you know,”If I’m having trouble even getting motivated to water some days, maybe I should hold off on starting a new thing.” But I’m sure I’ll start growing my own shrooms at some point relatively soon. It’s better than paying $400 an ounce…

Haha. I mean, I grew up in Florida, so I could see a dehumidifier being useful some place gnarly-humid like that. But yeah, with the AC running all the time, you’d think they wouldn’t be necessary no matter where you are. The part of LA I live in, it’s just insanely dry all the time. That, coupled with having to run the AC in the summer, makes things difficult. It’s easier in the winter, though. I just run the lights at night, open the window in the grow room and put a box fan in front of it, close the vent, no need for AC or heat.

Do you have to use dehumidifiers, @Foreveryoung? I’d imagine you might.

4 Likes

Had a few coming up here early as well. I have a jar of corn that is full of mycelium ready to run, but with the house up for sale I don’t want to put them in my monotub atm.

Mrs Shadey and I microdosed for about 8 months last year, then the use gradually tailed off as we felt so much happier.

If they are growing wild I wouldn’t bother trying to grow them until they stop. You can hunt out the largest wild ones and take spore prints for future grows.

6 Likes

Thats really cool @Gpaw I did not know that, but it really helps explain why I come across random individuals at times of the year that I wouldnt expect to see mushrooms.
So is it the case, the mycelium is constantly present and that specific climatic conditions will make them fruit more abundantly.
There is definitely much more liberty caps here around September/October. Or maybe Im just not looking the rest of the year.

If I put 4 or 5 humidifiers like you & @minitiger in my home it would literally turn into a cloud haha.

Haha man, that perfectly describes it. It really is like that silver sheen a seals fur

Haha the author of the book I got recommends that book too. I’ll order it, Im in the same boat, never done it before.

Yeah Im with you man, they were always a seasonal thing we did around Halloween, just picked them ourselves, I think the only time I bought them was when I lived in Holland and you could just buy them in a head shop. Could buy them in stores here too until 2006, some dude died after eating shrooms and decided to jump of his balcony, then they banned them, same thing happened in Holland I believe.

Yeah during lights off, its a must around here. Think the ambient r/h level is in the 70s today. Botrytis is a big problem in everything.

Thats really cool man, what type do you run?

Really interested in micro dosing too. How long did it take for you & Mrs Shadey to notice the benefits of micro dosing?

When I do grow them, Im prob going to just start with one of those kits. Theres a couple of places in Holland that post them. But I would like to get into taking my own prints too.

I also read liberty caps are really difficult to grow indoors and I honestly don’t know what other varieties even look like.

7 Likes

They are called B+ and I have done Golden Teachers.

Within two or 3 weeks we were feeling a big difference in our emotional states, more calm and relaxed, my depression from the covid lock downs had disappeared.

We were dosing every three days with 0.2 of a gram for 3 months then slowly stopped. I think it helped me with starting to get my health back on track and the fasting, losing over 100 lbs.

We both don’t feel the need anymore for constant microdosing but will take a gram dose now and again when I want an interesting meditation :slightly_smiling_face: the wife just needs only the 0.2 now and again as well.

Not sure why the liberty caps would be anymore difficult than others to cultivate.

The next batch after I use the corn, I think I will go back to the vermiculite and brown rice flour, the corn looked easier to do but its hard to judge how much you have to re hydrate it, I only managed to get 1 jar out of 5 to develop.

8 Likes

You lost 100 pounds? Wow, man, good for you. I need to lose like 20 and I’m all like,”Oh, man, I dunno if I can do this…” haha.

Just kidding. All I have to do is quit drinking for like a month and I’ll lose that weight. Still, 100 pounds is super-impressive.

5 Likes

Cheers it feels good to not be carrying it around.

I was cleaning out the fridge yesterday afternoon of all my RSO oil and shrooms as we are selling the house, don’t want any nosey buyers spotting it.

Took a couple of small shrooms and was feeling really happy all evening. If you are depressed they lift you up, if your happy, they make you happier, might start using them more often instead of just when feeling down, as a preemptive strike lol.

8 Likes

The Dutch site Ive ordered from stocks both of those varieties too. I ended up ordering some Mazatapec & Mexican.
Went with these purely because I read a lot on Mesoamerican culture over the last couple of years. This is what planted the seed with me to try mushrooms again.

That is really impressive, Im hoping for similar results.

Thats even more impressive man. Well done, I showed your post to my partner & now shes the driving force behind this plan.
I do remember you were doing a lot of fasting too.
Like @minitiger , I need to shift a couple of pounds and its not easy. Respect for the discipline to do it.

I put my hands up to knowing nothing about what Im saying here, just what Ive read in the 1 book Im reading. So I may be completely wrong. I’ll deff try taking spore prints when I get to that stage, because they grow everywhere in this county.

Makes sense, would love to hear how it works out for you as you try different things with them.

6 Likes

When the quarantining thing started, I gained and lost and gained and lost weight. Like, I gained it because I started drinking heavily and eating like shit for a few months. And then I’d say,”Fuck this,” quit drinking, lift weights three times a week, very light cardio twice a week and the weight came off pretty easily. Last time I did that, a few months ago, I lost twelve pounds in five weeks. But then I started drinking again haha.

Diet is more important than exercise, I think. Or as important, anyway. But I mean, eliminating an extra 2000 calories per day in alcohol seems to help haha. My girl actually turned me on to some weight-loss app, haven’t used it in a while, called “Lose it!” if you’re interested. It’s actually extremely helpful. She said I developed an eating disorder because of it haha, but I did not develop a fucking eating disorder. I just stuck to the parameters or whatever you call it that I set in the app. I’ve found it very useful when I’m in Weight-Loss Mode.

6 Likes

Well I don’t know enough to write a book lol, so they are probably very specific growing conditions needed.

Yeah the intermittent fasting which I am still doing, not done a long fast since March, plus the very low carbs, which I have relaxed on a bit now, was very benificial for me.

Booze is the worst thing for diets, and in order of worst, beer, wine, and spirits as each has less sugar as you go along, but unfortunately does more damage to the liver as it contains more alcohol :frowning:

So to combat the desire for beer I make a naturally fermented ginger beer, no alcohol, but still a good substitute psychologically, and a great probiotic.

I will probably go back to using the shrooms once or twice a week, remembering to take it is the hard bit when you are feeling good lol.

6 Likes

Yep, only red wine and on goes the pounds

:green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes

For me it started a bit before the pandemic, I had a 4 hour round trip for work every day and even when I got to work I spent 11 hours a day in a golf buggy driving around the site. And to entertain myself, I ate crap, like full on junk food, as well as guzzling cans of Red Bull all day.
Then Id grab a takeaway on the way home.
Add 2 young kids into the mix too.
I was blaming the drier for shrinking my clothes for a while haha

Diet is definitely my prob, or more honestly my will power or lack of discipline around diet is the problem. I only really smoke at night and I just eat crap, right before bed & not because Im hungry, just because Im blazed & it looks delicious.

Hahaha. On a serious note, there was some report released here recently which found a big shift away from alcohol to cocaine, in woman in their late teens - mid 20s (legal drinking age is 18), as its seen as calorie free fun.

I’ll take a look man. My working out involves me cycling like fuck for a half hour twice a day. If nothing else I’ll learn just how bad my diet is haha.

The other half had a go at this a little while ago, didn’t last too long. She’s torturing herself over carrying a bit of extra weight after having our 2nd kid.

:joy: :joy: managed to trick the brain. I haven’t drank in about 20 years, I don’t miss it at all, same with the cigs, once I quit and got past the 1st few weeks, I stopped craving them. Im blessed that way.

8 Likes

These landed today, really impressed with the speed, from Holland to Ireland in a day.

Set them up on a heat mat in a shady spot in the veg room.
See what happens.

14 Likes

Hahaha!!! I actually said to my girl a couple years back,”I think clothing manufacturers are making their t-shirts smaller these days…” I honestly didn’t realize I was putting on weight for a good year or so, just because it wasn’t something that’s ever been a thing before. I’ve actually always been trying to gain weight. Back in my early-30’s, when I worked out like a fiend, serious weightlifting six days a week, I’d ingest 10,000 calories a day. And it was glorious haha.

But I guess once you hit your mid-40’s, shit changes.

It’s easier to eat clean if all you have in the house is clean food. Right now, we’ve got like twelve different varieties of pretzels and chips and shit in the cupboard haha. That does not help at all. We actually haven’t been grocery shopping in like six weeks, just been ordering takeout and shit, it’s a mess haha. We’ll get it together shortly. I’m over it.

Shit… Maybe I’ll move to Ireland haha.

That’s the most efficient way to lose weight. Cardio burns more calories than lifting or anything. I smoke cigarettes, though, so every time I do cardio, it’s brutal. Plus, I just like lifting more. It feels better to me. I feel like I’m gonna die every time I do any sort of cardiovascular thing haha. We’ve got a Peleton, I used it a bunch right when we first got it, but now I just look at it with contempt haha.

Sweet! So they come “pre-colonized” or whatever? That’s pretty awesome.

5 Likes

Gaining muscle mass is the best way to burn fat. High itensity short duration exercise is the best for cardiovascular health.

Both increase testerone and growth hormone levels, growth hormone uses fat for fuel while you are sleeping and your insulin levels are low.

Intermittent fasting over 18 hours a day for increases growth hormone release dramatically and lowers insulin resistance allowing your body to become multi fuel adapted.

Between 8 am and 12pm is rhe best time to eat when intermittent fasting as your body is automatically producing insulin ready for the start of the day.

You can’t burn fat when insulin is present in the body. Also when fasting you are signaling the mitochondria in the body to uncouple, which creates brown fat, the more brown fat you have the more calories you will burn.

5 Likes

Hahaha it sounds completely legit too.

Had the same issue trying to put on weight in my early 30s, thought there was something wrong haha.

Oh man, its everywhere over here, most people see it as a performance enhancing drug for drinking more alcohol haha

Haha, I can still come pretty close to throwing up towards the end and for a while after.

Yeah man, you get a little bag & 2 hi-tech paper clips in the kit, spray a little water in the bag and seal it with the clips and thats it…hopefully.

I seen something a few years back, some trainer was getting people to do these crazy bursts of cycling on an exercise bike, like giving it everything they could for as long as they could, would only last a couple of mins, but they had positive results within a few weeks.

3 Likes

That’s true, good point. I was thinking more along the lines of just maintaining my caloric intake parameters or whatever when I utilize that “LoseIt!” app thing, where I’m trying to stick to a certain amount of calories ingested every day. The thing I do like about the Peloton is that it registers exactly how many calories you’re burning per minute (or as fast as you’re riding, could be every five seconds). So, like, if I fuck up and eat too much for lunch, I can just get on it and be like,”Okay, I need to burn a hundred calories real quick,” haha.

I prefer weights, though, for sure. Weights three times a week, a decent peloton session two days a week in between weight days and eating clean seems to work best for me.

No way, man, nothing wrong with that. It was so, so right haha.

That’s actually how I see it, too haha. I won’t lie, I really do enjoy the occasional blow and alcohol binge, although it’s not as fun now that I’m not single. Back when I was single, it was a constant and it was fun as shit. Just a nonstop stream of women, amazing sex sessions for like 36 hours… It was pretty fucking awesome, honestly. Some people get all weird and “strung out” on drugs like that, running off to the bathroom and shit (as if everybody doesn’t know what you’re doing in there), but I never did. I’d pour my shit out on the table and be like,”Who wants to do a line?” I never turned into a fiend.

That was also back before I got fat haha!

That’s pretty cool. And very convenient haha. Minimal work is always good. I’m looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

5 Likes

Haha this is what I thought/hoped my life would be when I started doing it too back in the day. But instead it just meant I had to listen to my mates talking crap for longer than usual on a night out haha.
Dont get me wrong it was fun, had some good times, but like alcohol, I just dont miss them anymore.
My other half still likes to do a bit if shes out with friends. Its a much more open, acceptable substance here now too.

I do like to take the easy option. I’ll grab pics as soon as anything stirs. Im checking them with the same excitement I get peering into the propagator to check new seeds haha.

4 Likes

There was your problem haha. If you walk into a bar with two or three other dudes, you might as well be wearing a t-shirt that says “I Don’t Wanna Get Laid Tonight” haha. Best you’re gonna get is a phone number and a little makeout session in the parking lot. I always just went out by myself or with some of my female friends. I’ve never really had any straight male friends anyway haha, so going out with a group of guys was never an issue.

But yeah, a group of dudes is the kiss of death if you’re trying to pick a woman up that night.

Anyway… haha.

2 Likes

Hahaha 100% man, the nightclub scene was very different back then, I think we were still dealing with our residual catholic guilt. Both sexes travelled in packs, absolutely shit faced drunk, was the only way folks had the courage to talk to the opposite sex.
It was a mess haha.
There were also practical reasons too, literally taxis didnt exist, due to a crazy licensing system.

Only serial killers & people with a death went out alone here back then haha. Clubs are safe mostly, its the streets or food places that are crazy at kicking out times.

Ah good times haha, to do it all again.

2 Likes

Haha! I am not a serial killer, I swear.

Until I moved to the Valley, every neighborhood I lived in had shitloads of bars and afterhours like right out my front door or within two blocks of me, anyway. I could just leave my building and walk from place to place and usually run into a few people I knew from the neighborhood, too. There was no need to get in a car. If I was going somewhere that required driving, I’d take a friend or two with me, but again, not men haha. NEVER MEN haha!

So y’all are done with that now? Good to know haha. That shit never leads to good things…

1 Like