Free Jamaican Lambsbread (Vibes Collective)

Is it Breath or Bread?

I thought it was Breath but locals pronounce the ‘th’ like a ‘d’
Or did my dyslexia reverse that

5 Likes

some great strains listed – good plant info also --Thanks

It’s so classic looking! I’ve never had anything of that nature

@upstate says it’s “bread”, coming from the christian/rasta influence. As in, the holy communion bread of Jesus, the lamb of god

I’m still very open to the ‘d’ ‘th’ angle though, if anything because lambsbreath sounds kinda cooler :joy:

6 Likes

5 Likes

:smile:i

8 Likes

That’s great!!

2 Likes

Doesn’t look like it did happen, but a visit to Ethiopia that year did happen.Queen Elizabeth in Ethiopia

2 Likes

Yep… it’s just that every part of the caption other than “it’s important to know your history” is made up to push an agenda. I’m not trying to defend colonialism or anything, but she didn’t bow to them. They didn’t bow to her either, as far as I can tell. Nor did aliens poke their heads out of a single royal family member’s stomach and do a cha-cha dance, as far as I’m aware. Very boring, just two heads of state meeting. :frowning:

4 Likes

But wouldn’t have super cool if that DID happen!:joy:

2 Likes

Hello,

I’m new to this site. I was looking for more informations on the Jamaican Lambsbread. So, thanks for this post. @Roms

I liked smoking it because it helped me with my anxiety. And finally get relaxed without being stoned.

I would love to grow some. I grow since '98. But I’m still learning about it. Along the years I’ve realised that I’m more about growing, smelling it and cooking with it. Instead or exclusively smoking it .

Now I that I’ve read this topic I’m wondering if it’s still possible to get some free seeds of lambsbread in a first time and other strains that you guyz may find interresting to me.

I’m used to do grow diaries. I would be glad to contribute by giving you feed backs and even producing seeds to send some back to the community.

Cannabically yours.

6 Likes

Hey @Garcimore welcome!
The Lambread seeds come as a free gift with the purchase of their gear, so you’ll need to buy something to get one.
Also, a preservation was done with Lambsbread this past year, so there will likely be seed trades available at a later date.

4 Likes

Hi, yes indeed that’s how I could smoke some. A friend bought some lamps at pevgrow. And had some LambsBread as freebies. But they were not the OG ones, it was hybrids. Now that I’ve seen pics here, I’m wondering if it taste the same, if it has the same effects.

More important I don’t want hybrids because they grow faster or getting more yields or even less bloom stage. I’m conviced we loose something in the process. I’d like to think I’m respecting the plant and its story.

Thanks again for the help.

6 Likes

First pot I ever smoked in 1972 was Jamaican. Since then, I’ve grown several Jamaican lambs bread/breath seeds, one I brought back myself from a Jamaican vacation. All these pics look like it! Huge plants, 14-16 week flower, real sativas.

Recently, I grew the Lambs Bread from Crop King seeds, that most large seed banks are carrying. Does anyone know where these genetics came from? It’s supposed to be 95% Jamaican, but no one seems to know it’s history. It’s definitely not the original, grows totally different, but the high is very similar. It’s a ratty, short, 10-12 week flowering, pain in the arse to grow, strain, so it is similar in that respect.

4 Likes

unfortunately crop king are scammers and have repeatedly been caught selling mislabeled and fake genetics. No way to be sure what they actually sent you.

several breeders (such as blimburn) have posted announcements on their own websites saying that they don’t sell seeds to crop king, and that any seeds labeled with their brand on the crop king website are fake.

Crop king also runs a bunch of identical websites under different names, so watch out for those guys.

9 Likes

High on my list of strains to try!

3 Likes

Thanks, I hadn’t heard that. I only ordered from them once, specifically to get the Lambs Bread. It was excellent. 100% germ rate, grew exactly as advertised, taste and high was very reminiscent of Jamaican weed, but it doesn’t grow like a Sativa.

Crop King has mostly excellent reviews, but I know they’re not in the boutique or heirloom seed market. I was just curious about the Lambs Bread they, and most other major seed retailers are selling as Jamaican Lambs Bread. No one seems to know who made them, or where they originated.

6 Likes

Hi does anyone have some lambsbread recommendations? I bought two packs from exotic alchemy with zero germ rate. Anyone know who has good legit lambsbread

Dude, maybe read the actual thread you are answering too?

Crop king is a known scammer seed company that white buys white label seeds and resells. They claim to have genetics they don’t have. They cater to new growers that don’t know any better and buy bulk and resell crap.Over night they went from having 20 strains to way too many just as legalization hit in Canada. They steal peoples genetics and sell them as their own with zero integrity. This is a seed company that you should not support. They don’t list filial generations because everything is a knock off and they don’t actually know what they have.
On the dark horse genetics podcast he calls them out for selling Bruce banner fems as the would have s2 them and they are considered knockoffs. They had horchata from wyeast farms on their menu the day he released his lol You can find decent plants but they are not what they say they are. Buyer beware with this company. It’s sad that certain forums allow crop king to sponsor when they are know to be a scam.

https://www.reddit.com/r/microgrowery/comments/q5qeq5/honest_review_of_crop_king_seeds/

7 Likes