Free Seeds & Free Clones Thread (Part 12)

I saw someone making those. I forget who it was. I think they are awesome looking. And I assume good to go thru post office machines.
What I would wonder, tho is what the cost breakdown would be. Of course the big expense at first would be a 3d printer. But after that? The cost of the material to make them vs. the old standby, rubber washers and coin flips. One would also have to add in something for machine time and electricity.
They are incredibly cool looking tho.

7 Likes

I can tell you between cutting PVC, stapling the coin flip before a seed or two falls out then having to worry about did I cut the PVC to thick and if not then worrying if the seeds are going to get crunched in the mail. I am all in on the 3d printed seed pods with the seed sorter. Sounds like a very inexpensive insurance policy as well…

That reminds me I need to Pm @bobgrows

7 Likes

From what I understand the filament is cheap. I use a sorter so can fill them 9 at a time. Here is the Triangle Kush packaged up and one on top of Sebrings containers for scale.

15 Likes

Nothing like a happy face

3 Likes

I can definitely donate some if I can figure out shipping. I’m pretty dysfunctional, so maybe I can send a big box to someone and they can distribute?

14 Likes

Before we totally derail this thread check out this one for your 3d printing needs.

8 Likes

Sorry @DougDawson if it’s in the wrong place, but didnt want to go in that topic and mess with the guys that charge.

3 Likes

That makes sense cuz and btw ‘pardon, your OGness is showing’… :wink: :+1:
I would think @misterbee would be appreciative of that offer, he does give/send out lot! lol
@DougDawson is another, but he seems to already have that under control, and misterbee is asking about em…

8 Likes

No bud, that was not for you, that was more for me and the others that were starting to converse. You offered up seed pucks for folks, carry on, :slight_smile: Really cool of you as well :v:

EDIT: Also I second what @JohnnyPotseed said @tresbundles , @misterbee was just looking for some above, you may want to reach out to him. I have 1000 pucks on the way to me already from an amazing OGer :wink:

11 Likes

@misterbee send me a PM with the deets and what puck(s) you want and I’ll try to ship them as soon as I can. :man_dancing:

8 Likes

Didnt realize they were autos i think @Rhino_buddy

1 Like

Received an absolutely epic package from @Bobgrows today, exactly what I wanted in every way, prompt and just epic service! Can’t wait to put these to use!

23 Likes

27 Likes

@TopShelfTrees1 Game of checkers? :joy::v:

6 Likes

oh man, i have avoided that site for the last two weeks, ever since i realized how much over budget i was with my 4/20 spending. and i have a sneaking suspicion that some of the hotter strains are going for super cheap right now because there are probably others like me. oh well, part of the cycles of life.

5 Likes

Glad they made it and you like them! :v:

6 Likes

Love them, and the bonus’ as well! I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, you m’lady are absolutely the best! Thank you again🙏🏻

6 Likes

I think it’s cool and different :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

So you did find your bonus? Lol

6 Likes

can i ask about these 3d printed seed packages… do they make it through the post just as well as using the hose flips? they feel bigger and chunkier to me than what i can get my hose flips down to.

because if they have no postal issues, then i think i’ll switch to these, as my nephew has a bunch of 3d printers and i want to stop giving money to amazon as much as possible.

11 Likes