Free Seeds & Free Clones Thread Vol. 4

As long as you don’t bother with any seeds from the plant you Hermied (I always tossed them) usually it was ok. But I never did it to the same strains more than once.

edit… you posted
I really hate rodelization, if you do it for a few generations your basically focusing on the hermie trait and breeding for it

I agree that it probably isn’t cool to do it to many generations. But like I said, I’ve never done it to any single strain more than once.

1 Like

Do you have a guide at all to rodelization? There hasn’t been enough research for any legit articles I can find on it.

Apologies for so many questions I just love learning as much as I love smoking lol

1 Like

There are a lot of guides for it, just google ‘Rodilization methods’

edit…
About 1,180 results

3 Likes

I used to be an adventurer like you… until I took an arrow in the knee.

3 Likes

Happy Fathers Day to all the other fathers out there.

6 Likes

most don’t use that particular term. They usually just say autos

that search box on here works pretty well I put in ‘autos how to’ first link

first time hitting a 3 reply limit :-1:

Yeah, it was my left knee too… :laughing: :call_me_hand:

arrow

Cheers
G

1 Like

complete stoner moment there. lol :blush:

“However, the rodelization process has some disadvantages. Although it is considered a natural way of obtaining feminized seeds (it doesn’t use chemicals such as colloidal silver or gibberellic acid), the rodelization process has higher probabilities of producing hermaphrodite plants. Moreover, the offspring of these plants have higher chances of being hermaphrodite. In other words, a hermaphrodite plant can pollinate your entire garden and ruin your cannabis harvest.”

1 Like

What, someone steal your sweetroll?

1 Like

True, but like I said that’s usually only if you use the seeds from the plant you hermied. I always advised to just do like me and toss em… and not to do it more than one generation. Then the plants you get are ok with a high rate of success in not getting hermies.

edit… that’s not to say you’ll never get any hermies. But there is always the occasional one lol Just keep an eye on things. If a strain is worth saving …hey, you do what ya can.

edit2… and back in the days of old, they didn’t have all the chemical assists available now! Which makes it soooo much easier.

4 Likes

must be an automatic change at 5k now. So 'll bet that by next summer we are new thread everyday due to traffic.

2 Likes

I’m outta like…again lol so here ya go cuz… :heart: :heart: :heart: :rofl: :sunglasses: :+1:

1 Like

STS - eBay OR Amazon, at least 40 PPM ( I, personally, use “Ultra Colloidal Silver” by Silver Mountain Minerals, 240PPM, 8 oz, $17.00, free shipping). SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I meant what Johnny was talking about with the method of letting them go so long they pollinate themselves, I was wondering if he might enlighten with a personal technique or something that went along with the process that’s outside of the usual just let it go longer.

I’m just trying to learn more about breeding and making seeds in general, I want to get into that end of it as I’ve spent 3 years getting the growing end down pretty decent.

Trying to source the materials to make my own STS following Sebring’s videos and I’m gonna give that a shot on some feminized plants.

I’ve collected a decent amount of regular seeds so I should have my first opportunity to grow a male out instead of killing them off when I find them.

The only actual breeding I’ve done so far was with pollen and a male auto given to me by a friend who breeds, I pollinated 3 of my autos n got a few thousand seeds but I only consider myself to have done half the work with the male having been given to me.

Thank you guys for your time and energy

2 Likes

How’s that work for you? Results?

You can buy the ingredients for the STS on Amazon no problem. In just about any amount you want.

1 Like

Excellent, @anon98660487 also uses it, does an outstanding j-o-b on his creations!!! SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thnx for that, @misterbee , I might give it a go when i run out of this STS stuff, if it doesn’t work for me like I want/need…
I’m still tiptoeing into the 21st century, give an old a guy a break lol

5 Likes

I still haven’t reversed a plant, I have sts ingredients (thanks @Bullskinner ). Next round I have a few clones I might reverse.

1 Like

I got a new age trick for collidial and all the steps you take to make a better storing, faster acting, less damaging collidial silver

4 Likes