Free Seeds, Free Pollen & Free Clones Thread (Part 22)

Nope, no humidity dome, I had just given her a light spray with water before I took the pic. Just bad timing on my part in that way :grin:. I have my extraction fan set to 65%, it never gets above that in the tent, thankfully!

Congrats on the win, @fortman :+1:
Thanks for the chances, @DougDawson

1 Like

If your me, I raise it up higher or dimmer it downā€¦ I just run em up at the very top of the tent and just leave em thereā€¦ With all the reflection material and smallish area, you donā€™t really need it super duper brightā€¦ Might also raise the humidity a bit [mid 70ā€™s at least for veg, then lower it back down for flowerā€¦ Once the environment is correct they flurishā€¦ Temps also make a huge difference as well as excessive air flowā€¦

unfortunately, itā€™s at the top of the tent and doesnā€™t have a dimmerā€¦ I currently have that wax paper to diffuse it and itā€™s made a huge different on being able to even see the plants in the camera. I do believe I over-bought the light for my tent, doh! :man_facepalming:

Iā€™ll up the humidity, the temp sits right around 25C during the day and 22C at night (day/night for the tent that is), and I do have a small vivosun fan on low blowing air around.

I just dropped the temp of the water from 25-26 down to 24, thinking it might be a little warm for the roots.

1 Like

Put Back the one that you had before when they were growing taller if it still works of courseā€¦

sadly, it doesnā€™tā€¦ about 1/3 of the LEDs are gone and the fans have slowed down so it gets quite warmā€¦ itā€™s currently lighting/warming my little baby seedlings, lol.

Be wary - Google what happens when those old - over heating leds - burn down the house

2 Likes

there was a member of a small seed based forum years ago who tried to wire a bulb and a small fan, he ended up setting his small house on fire. the kid had an interesting life but i donā€™t know what happened to him. he was from mexico, posted pictures of his life from time to time, had a bunch of ducks and dogs. i wish he was still around.

3 Likes

shit, really? dammitā€¦ thanks for the heads up!!

1 Like

I hope a hydro grower chimes in, I know nothing bout res temps, nutes, ectā€¦ Soil guy u know

Having to try and diffuse your light is dead giveaway imo

1 Like

Hereā€™s a chance at some Coral Kush. Hope to see you there.

14 Likes

Iā€™m diffusing it on a hunch, but really, Iā€™m throwing darts at a board in a dark room with a blindfold on, lol.

I guess I need to pick up a light meterā€¦ I have an app on my phone but itā€™s all over the place.

1 Like

What is the watt rating and coverage on it?

Personally I run smaller lights that overlap - 2 old 300watt rated mounted as high as the hangers allowā€¦ in a 2x4 so 4 in your 4x4ā€¦ gives me more control throughout the grow. + Back up case one decides to quit

As @crunkyeah pointed out to me today, because Iā€™m bloody blind, 275watt from the wall. Itā€™s rated for a 4x3, so I figured that was perfect in mine. They actually say I should have 2 of these, lol.

1 Like

Well that not it, maybe time to start a new thread and get off this oneā€¦

Fingers crossed I can win some of that blue moon rocks pollen! I have quite a few different strains that just went into flower and more headed in there soon. Iā€™d like to dust a couple branches on each (and would obviously share the seeds here):

Tranquil elhantizer remix
Sunshine daydream f2ā€™s
My mystery strain (it was a bag seed. Amazing plant)

Gelato
Peanut butter breath f3ā€™s (from thug pug)
Venom breath
GG#4 x longbottom leaf
Gorilla bubble
Clusterfunk
Honey sherbet (seeds acquired locally)

I have a handful of males of my own I am hoping to collect some pollen from, but I need a space to do it. Planning to order a tent come payday but I still need to figure out where to put it thatā€™s far enough away from the flower spaceā€¦ :thinking:

5 Likes
2 Likes

Nope, Iā€™m an idiotā€¦ Nerve meds suck. I have both veg and bloom lights onā€¦ šŸ¤¦. Thatā€™ll be my first change. If that doesnā€™t help Iā€™ll be posting on my aquaponics thread.

I feel dumb, lol

2 Likes

no worries, I think thatā€™s a great catch and bet it helpsā€¦

2 Likes

I have the 8th, 9th and 10th nodes all growing out at the same time, thereā€™s absolutely no stretchā€¦ You think I should move them closer with the diffuser off? Itā€™ll cook them.

1 Like