Free Seeds, Free Pollen & Free Clones Thread (Part 23)

Your talking about the Yorktown class ship. Maybe because there was a second ship with the same name

CVN-68, Ford

During and after World War II, ships in the CV series were frequently given modified designations, including CVA (attack aircraft carrier), CVAN (nuclear-powered attack aircraft carrier), CVB (large aircraft carrier), CVL (small aircraft carrier), CVN (nuclear-powered aircraft carrier ), CVS (anti-submarine warfare

N stand for Night?

5 Likes

We got a winner.

4 Likes

CV-6 got the N designation for being the first US aircraft carrier to be cleared for night operations.

6 Likes

Dang never seen any reference to that anywhere

If my Google Fu is anything like I think it still is,

USS Enterprise CVAN 65; CVN 65 in June 30 1975 aka BIG E was given the designation when CVA and CVAN were replaced with CV and CVN to designate multi mission character of aircraft carriers after the decommission of the last CVS in 1974. Many blessings and much love

@killabud pick your pack and PM me your address.

6 Likes

Awesome! and pretty interesting

3 Likes

The “N” designation in CV(N) 6, when the USS Enterprise received it in 1945, stood for “Night.” The USS Enterprise was a Yorktown-class aircraft carrier that was reclassified as a night carrier in 1943. Night carriers were optimized for operations during the night, including night raids and combat operations under low-light conditions. This designation was significant as it highlighted the ship’s specialized role and capabilities in conducting nighttime operations.

4 Likes

Awesome win @killabud! This one really got my brain exercising and it’s so enjoyable. You’re awesome @darkillusion great trivia question. Many blessings and much love

2 Likes

USS John F. Kennedy (CV-67)

Commissioned in 1968, the ship was named after John F. Kennedy, the 35th president of the United States.

Next question
What type of star is our sun?

Pack A and D still up for grabs.

5 Likes

yellow dwarf

The Sun is a G-type main-sequence star (G2V), informally called a yellow dwarf, though its light is actually white. It formed approximately 4.6 billion years ago from the gravitational collapse of matter within a region of a large molecular cloud.

4 Likes

You win, Pick a pack and PM me your address.

3 Likes

[image]

Rigel
B8Iab
[image]

Proxima Centauri
M5.5 Ve
[image]

The Sun is a G-type main-sequence star (G2V), informally called a yellow dwarf, though its light is actually white. It formed approximately 4.6 billion years ago from the gravitational collapse of matter within a region of a large molecular cloud.

2 Likes

DM in coming, thank you!

IMG_5009 IMG_5053 IMG_4956 image image

:cowboy_hat_face:🥷 :laughing::rofl::joy::sweat_smile:

7 Likes

This is fun @darkillusion! Thank you!

3 Likes

The Sun is classified as a G-type main-sequence star, also known as a G dwarf or a G V star. Specifically, it is a G2V star.

1 Like