Gadarien tries again

Hockey is the one sport I like lmao. Don’t have any games around here afaik. Might have make a trip

It’s worth it. We drove a little over an hour for it. They play very aggressive hockey. I’d suggest get your tickets closer to the attacks twice side.

Pic dump. Seeing separation of the first and second node. I’m not sure shy the leaves look weird on the og kush plant. All the rest look pretty good though so I doubt it’s environment. Could be though. It may not like the water or something.

4 Likes

…Coming along nicely. :+1:

Does Ki ever try to taste your plants?

3 Likes

Hockey is great live!
Can I ask why 2 plant per pot? Could be asking for trouble imo.

1 Like

She tried to snag a taste this morning lol. That was the first time she tried.

2 Likes

I didn’t have any other containers and I was anxious to get them started. I am hoping to avoid most of the issues of overcrowding by flipping very quickly. It may be a failed experiment, but it is my first time running regular seeds and I figure there’s a good chance I have to cull several of them.

This is the first time attempting more than 2 plants at one time. Honestly I’m hoping to have a tent that looks like yours some day, but I’ve got a ton of learning to do.

3 Likes

It’s not hard. The best advice I can give that helped me was to “cook” the soil before use if your are organic and to get your humidity and temps dialed in. Getting away from grow bags helped me as well, but that’s more of a preference thing.

2 Likes

Thank you for the advice. I’ve seen you post about blumats a couple times. I haven’t looked yet but that seems like something I’m interested in doing.

I also saw these bucket adapters that go under the soil and create a reservoir that you just keep filled.

I haven’t decided which is the right call yet, but as soon as I’m back to work I won’t be able to hover like I can now.

1 Like

The blumats are a bit pricey imo and kind of a pain in the ass when you have to move them from tent to tent etc. I got a really good deal on them so that’s why I use them. If I had to do it again I’d maybe look at octopots, sub irrigated planters, or some form of automated watering that runs off a timer or sensor. If coco works well for me I plan to repurpose my blumats for our vegetable garden outside. To me they seem to make more sense for that where I’d use gravity and a 210 gal tote to feed the system.

2 Likes

Ok cool. I see a lot of octoput posts as well. I think my biggest concern is to not have my plants yo-yo the 5 days I’m on the road. My kid checks on them and is learning the process but I’d like a little more consistency.

2 Likes

I’d think a bottom watering system would hell with that.if yoylu do go blumats let me know I can get into more detail from my lessons learned. Im also thinking of trying these so it’s 1 carrot per pot on the larger pots.

4 Pack - 10 Distributor Drippers with 3mm Tubing for Irrigation and Automatic Watering https://a.co/d/7qBfjxh

1 Like

Yeah and a pump on timer would be perfect. I’m gonna have to do more digging on the diy side.

1 Like

A couple things I noticed today. I’ve got a neat morph on one of the Luke’s Force. The first set of leaves are fused into one broad leaf. I thought it was neat. And finally I caught Ki in the process of testing the goods. She has been warned that all proceeds of the grow will be split evenly amongst all parties with interest in the grow ONLY after the harvest and drying period. I’m sure that made a difference and she will act with proper decorum in the future.

Edit: oh and one of the two random seeds I dropped in the soil popped up. Looks like possibly 10 plants again.

7 Likes

Took a bunch of pics this morning, and watered them with a low dose of nutes. Most of them look pretty good. The og kush showed some browning on the first leaves but I think it hasn’t progressed any further since adding a little nutrition. The runty walkenstien has decided to stand up again without the pencil brace so Ioved it over to create a little separation between the two Luke’s Force. They are my best growers so far. Definitely going to be over crowding. I’ll have to do some training to create a little space. I’ve been banking on the reg seeds popping males that I have to cull.

7 Likes

Hey @Gadarien . Looks like you are cruising right along. Nice grow. :grin:

2 Likes

Thank you. I realized I really messed up my second run by cranking my light. I didn’t even put it together that my first grow I started with a tiny 100w led plate and upgraded almost in flower. This 300w is way too much for young plants. I turned it back to around 40% and it’s way better. The plants have really perked up and are growing really well.

5 Likes

They’re just starting their 5th nodes so I think I’ve got a little more time before I can be sure of sex. But I’m hopeful to be sure.

7 Likes

Looking great dude.

1 Like

Thank you! I’m really learning so much here.

3 Likes