Glycerin Tincture Recipe

Hi. I’m a cancer survivor helping my mom who had throat cancer. I’m trying to find a strong VG tincture. Any recipes?

a few questions first-
do you want a product that contains cbd only? or full cannabinoid spectrum?
does your patient have prior experience with cannabis?
are you opposed to carrier liquids other than vg?

1 Like

Full Cannabis. I also use cbd. I’ve made edibles out of butter and coconut oil.
Alcohol tincture burned her throat I’m in the process of evaporating the alcohol. I was thinking vegetable glycerin would be easier on her throat. She wasn’t fond of rso. Maybe it was to strong. She’s a light weight and trying to find something for relief when it gets worse. I know VG not the best, but I figured what the heck. Might at least try.

Anything that you would use? Open to all help.

Hi @Phatjr, check out the tincture thread, it has more than just tincture recipes. Solvent transfer might be useful for you.

1 Like

I have a gallon jug of vegetable glycerin any good recipes around? Thanks for the tincture thread. It’s amazing. Only skimmed recipes so far - will read later. But I’m still looking for something to do with VG tincture she does need topical.
Thanks again

*she doesn’t need topical

Vg is difficult to mix concentrates with. Vg plus concentrate will also have a hard time running in most small carts. Usually you’ll need to use an emulsifier too. Otherwise the mixture will septate. You’ll have much better results with pg. It’ll have a stronger throat hit than vg. Yet with the micro puffs she’ll be taking shouldn’t be a issue.

1 Like

i use mct oil for the carrier liquid. i put my material in 120 ml of mct and crock pot it for a few hours. works best with concentrates or kief. figuring out the appropriate dosage will depend on your patient. if she is a lightweight, start slow. i suggest 2 grams of kief or 1 gram of stronger (non solvent) concentrate to start and go from there