Gpaw's New grow (#5),CBD photoperiod

Hanging around here has turned everything I thought I wanted to do on it’s head. I have totally reevaluated. I came her with potency as #1. Now it is #3. What I wanted was to grow out the latest gelato strawberry whatever.
Now I’m interested in Sativa landraces and breeding projects. And then there is my setup… I want to build a clone/veg cabinet and turn the tent into perpetual flower…

Yeah OG can flip you on your head priority wise but hey! It’s all about the journey!!

Cheers
G

7 Likes

Good sativa I should say fumaoo|nullxnull , those concepts were too hard for me to digest … entripao|nullxnull

5 Likes

You will get fungus gnats in your soil and if you over water your plants you will get an infestation.

If you are in Canada get these you will save a lot of money. They are only $20

7 Likes

I think I’m getting more CBD.
Evidence is sketchier than shit!! but perhaps this batch I’m curing might support that guess.
I based that on a smoke test I did on this … hemp? That sounds - bad…
You know that sub-terrestrial tremor feeling you sometimes get on the ‘landing’ You aren’t high anymore but you can feel there is still ‘something’ active. It’s that - times 20x.
Mind you this stuff is supposed to deliver about 20% CBD so your guess is as good as mine! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Cheers
G

8 Likes

That’s a great deal!!
Damn near a lifetime supply too.

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Yeah I wish I found them 3 years ago, spent a fortune on safers stickers lol.

3 Likes

I totally feel the same way! it’s a labor of love for me and I learn something every time. i havent quite got it all worked out I’ve only been growing for 2 years so alot to learn and lovin the vibe here

5 Likes

So Doc 1 was reduced to tincture today.
The cure process was complete and the boss said it was time (she was out)

The yield was 3 cups of heavy duty tincture from 70 grams of dried bud. First batch of gummies are setting up right now.

(edit) There should be something clever you can do with the spent bud…

Cheers
G

13 Likes

I let it dry then feed it to the worms.

4 Likes

Some sweet sugar mama’s you raised there Gpaw!

First time I’m growing CBD here (Tatanka), they took a beating, first they revegged and then I had to strip them naked because of mold, but I think they liked it, first sugar is showing up just a couple of days after I manhandled them. I am looking forward to see how they stack up.

Keep on keeping on! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I’ve always heard, and saw, nothing but hermies from hermmies… now if you find seeds on another plant close by, those will be feminized seeds :grinning: :sunglasses:

1 Like

The S1/F1 seeds I grew out showed no herms and they were stressed! I have beans enough to keep us going for a while but they are all feminized.

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Reckon the old saying is true, there’s exceptions to every rule… Don’t know, possible pollination from another male pod on different plant you missed?

2 Likes

Luckily I only had 3 of the CBD’s going at the time, so no cross contamination.
Also, it was Rodelization, not nanners mixed in with the buds. One plant popped a couple male pre-flowers halfway through flower. Once I thought about it and realized I could reasonably manage that, I warmed up to the idea of using the seed. So far so good. :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Rodelization is the only way to go lol But I still don’t use any seeds I might find on the plant I stressed :grinning:

4 Likes

Under normal circumstances I completely agree, bird seed.

I convinced myself this was an exception to the rule and so far, ok fine.
The few F1s I’ve grown were clean but I treat each one like a potential IED…
As a precaution, I zapped each pre-flower as they developed and inspected every bud multiple times.
The plants are great producers, the CBD tincture produced is amazing. Being fem seeds I don’t have to grow 2x seeds, bonus. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :+1:

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Update:
I just finished harvesting 2 of the F1s and found 3 more pre-flowers (all female) tucked up under the base of the buds…
That tells me I potentially ducked a bullet. :dizzy_face:

From now on, these will be grown by themselves.

Cheers
G

6 Likes

Do you’re nowhere I can find some detailed info that describes Rodelization, nanners, hermaphrodites, males (i think i got this one)
I think I’ve seen some of them but now I don’t know the differences I thought nanners came from Rodelization I not came from being too long in flower and it’s the plants last ditch effort to survive. Can a plant be a hermaphrodite from birth? Or is it stressed into it :thinking: :exploding_head: … “Bad” Hybrid Bad! :rofl:

Edit: sorry i found this On OG Of course

4 Likes

Clarke seems indicate that there are a couple ways the plant can express monoecious phenotypes and the underlying genotype (intersex) might be more complex too.

My understanding is: True male and true females can’t herm no matter how you stress them.
Intersex males and females might herm (with or without stress). It is usually females growing nanners but sometimes the males grow pistils.
Rodelization seems to be a little different in as much as the source of the female pollen is a pre-flower and there are no nanners.

Cheers
G

8 Likes

That’s news to me thank you :pray:
A few things are starting to make more sense now hahaha
:dash::dash::v::egg::canada:

3 Likes