Male, Female or Hermie? 🔬 Official Sex Identification Topic

:warning: This is official identification thread. First post is wiki and you are welcome to update this post. First post should serve as a tutorial or guide featuring most illustrative examples of plant sex.

:camera: Post your photos as a reply to this topic to get your plants identified.

:recycle: All replies will be automatically deleted after 30 days. Good photo examples should be moved into this wiki post before reply expires.

Female

Showing white pistils coming from the preflower. The hairs can be hard to see without using magnifying glass.

Tip: Wait for the hairs to appear before killing it. Wait for the balls to appear before killing it, be patient.

Another female:

Notice the tear shaped preflowers and pistils coming from it:

Well developed female:

Male

received_1444528469059543

Clusters of balls:

Well developed male:

Tips:

About tools

On removing males

Other references:

14 Likes

Wow that is late to show, I have one Oregon Huckleberry just gone into flower, I thought I had 2, but mistook one for a girl.

They were very late showing sex. It was about 3 weeks after the Oregon Huckleberry x Pink Animal Crackers I germinated at the same time.

I ended up 1 girl out of 4 OH plants so I was a bit disappointed. The male I pulled out of the flower room was a great shape and structure, it would have made a great girl, I was gutted, to big to go in my breeding cab, had to sling it in the worm bin :cry:

5 Likes

I got a Bubba kush girl 3 weeks in flower looking good.
Until tonight got two tiny balls popping. I plucked em.
Gonna wait a bit

5 Likes

These are from 4 different Dutch Passion Durban plants. There was an ID10T error with a timer, and they got flipped back to 18/6 after a couple of days in flower, then flipped back to 12/12 when I realized what had happened.

As a result, I’m pretty sure these girls have taken a walk on the wild side, but I’d like to get a second opinion.

Thanks everyone. :vulcan_salute:
:guitar:

Oops. Guess I need to read that grid post again. :laughing:

3 Likes

Yeah, its a male

@Guitarzan…not seeing any male parts at all. If you do get a couple ball sacks it will be a brief episode and it should fully revert back to all female. I would think Dutch Passion has pretty heavily tested the seeds to uncover any hermaphrodite traits. Keep a close eye, but I think you are good for now.