Grape Punch from the man, the legend, BOG ver.2

So I dropped the feed on them before the weekend figuring to chop them down but ended up leaving them so getting some yellowing as the plants suck them leaves dry. Should be fine though with a chop coming very soon to make room for the next run.

29 Likes

:flushed: those colors are so gorgeous ! What a nice looking deep purple on those girls. I wish I could smell through my phone :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

you want that discoloration i always been told leads to smoother smoke beautiful colors

4 Likes

All the BOG strains I’ve grown turned toxic red orange yellow purple in the last few days of flush, if nothing else it makes for phenomenal harvest day photos

4 Likes

Awesome work Doug. This thread has been must-see stuff since day one. A!most time to enjoy the fruit of labor.

4 Likes

Yes sir, going to check them today and if all goes well they are coming down. It’s pretty clear I ended up with some seeds so I will have my own version of Sour Grape which is kind of cool. I will just have to be mindful when I grow them. Geared up and ready to go full Bog Sour Bubble now. As soon as these plants come down I am taking down that tent and putting up a new 5x5 with a Mars FC 8000 800 watt light. Since this run was finishing up Mars Hydro sent me new gear to test for my next run. Going to give me more room in that tent and I got 13 little bubbles ready to see their new home :slight_smile: Should be pretty cool. I am looking forward to seeing how it performs. The FC 6500 did a fine job as far as I am concerned so this FC 8000 should do great. Fingers crossed.

20 Likes

Yea sir @DougDawson
You ll grow potent flowers with that light.
Amazing diary!
I love your diary as well

3 Likes

Thats 800 watts output, right? But it has a built in volume knob, right?

4 Likes

Yes sir, 800 watt power draw and output. Has 8 LED bars and a dimmer knob. Also has a connector to daisy chain multiple lights together. Should be interesting. I will do an unboxing thread with some PAR tests to show it but really it’s how the plants do that will ultimately be it’s test. Pretty sure I won’t get it up to full power without CO2 but am not going to add CO2 so will just keep it turned down some.

11 Likes

My FC 4800 goes together identical. but obviously less wattage. the overall size, tho, is perfect for the 4 X 4 tent.

4 Likes

Yeah, I am loving their new line of bar lights. I jammed the FC 6500 into a 4x4 and it was more than I needed. I think 80% was as high as I managed to get it. This is why I wanted to up the space to a 5x5. Pretty sure this light will be overkill but better too much than not enough and with the ability to dim I am hoping it works out well. I like the fact that you can fold the 6500 in half which you cannot with the 8000 but that’s ok. The removable bars make it easier to ship I suppose. Either should store well.

6 Likes

If you decide to store one I’ve got room at my place! Lol

4 Likes

Did you try out your hash making skills yet ? We’re you going to run fresh frozen or cured dried with that plant your turning into hash?

3 Likes

I appreciate people like you keeping BOGs strains alive I hope to do the same with whatever gear I have that’s discontinued or what have you. Best of luck, go get em Doug.

2 Likes

Fresh frozen for the win :slight_smile: Have not done it yet but the frozen goodness is there. I want to collect the trim off the other two Grape Punch before I make the hash, might as well use all I can.

18 Likes

Someday I will buy or make some strip/bar led lights. I would really like the even coverage of the WHOLE tent/tents since I just trellis everything wall to wall heh.

1 Like

:exploding_head:

2 Likes

Grape punch will likely come down tomorrow along with the tent. Getting excited now. Trichome shots are a from all the plants including the Sour Bubble.

Sat Jan 29 19-18-12 Sat Jan 29 19-18-30 Sat Jan 29 19-19-04 Sat Jan 29 19-19-13 Sat Jan 29 19-19-32 Sat Jan 29 19-19-42 Sat Jan 29 19-20-02 Sat Jan 29 19-20-25

28 Likes

You really can’t get better bud structure.The density down to what I could even imagine the leaf to bud ratio is exquisite.Good job old chap I would expect none the less.Man you guys make me work harder Lol

1 Like

Trics look perfect

1 Like