Greasy's Journal

Closeups, somethings up with my camera, not the greatest shot and when i try to zoom it gets all wonkified
P6200015 P6200014

11 Likes

Well, a week after my initial panic about mites, and all of my plants but one are doing really well. I am embarassed to admit, that I dropped a carbon filter on my Purple Urkle, and she is no longer with us. Split her stem right at the base, and that was all she wrote. I took a bunch of cuttings after the accident, so hopefully I’ll get to grow her out right next round. A bit of a silver lining is that she was so far behind, that she was probably going to get eclipsed by the other plants in the tent anyway, and now the Tropicanna Cherries will have some more space to grow out. Kind of strange growing 3 plants in a 2x2, but I’m sure they won’t complain! It seems the DE was successful in slowing down the “beneficial” soil mite outbreak that I had. The numbers are no longer alarming, and the plants don’t seem to mind them. If I hadn’t been so freaked out, the best course of action probably woudl have just been to leave them alone. Lesson learned for next time.

Here is the first tent, at 19 days flowering. The grape pie in the front left really likes to stretch! Poor little dosi is already on a plant stand, and is still falling way behind in height. Some day I’m going to pair my plants by growth type into tents where they are all similar.

Rainbow Belts 2.0 - Blueberry
Grape Pie - Dosidos

Second tent is getting flipped today. I’ve topped everyone in here two rounds to see if I can keep their stretch in check, and just to see how that much training will affect yield. The Rudeboi OG is the hardest to keep happy for me. She drinks 2x as fast as the other two. Trying to spread the Tropicanna cherries out so to fill the empty Urkle space.

Rudeboi OG - T-1000
Tropicanna Cherries

Had another succesful round of cloning. Have some fresh cuts of T-1000 and Urkle, but so far have everyone but the Double Dosidos backed up. I’m letting that one go, as the high doesn’t do it for me. It makes me feel numbed out, and almost a little sad. Tastes great, and can be good before bed time, but utlimately would rather keep trying new plants.

15 Likes

Now you have extra plants!

Thanks for the update, good sailings going on! Godspeed!

3 Likes

I feel like many of us see Blueberry as one of those strains, we can’t help but keep trying to seek out and find something similar to what we found in the past, and I’m continuing trying to see what I can find in it.

Growing out this Archive Blueberry clone has been very enjoyable. I really like a lot of aspects about it. It has the Blueberry aroma that I’m seeking, and it has very dreamy, lightly stoney effects. Really good effects that are long lasting, and can be used anytime. The flavor isn’t a Blueberry forward as I would like, but it is very sweet, and lightly berry, it just doesn’t live up to it’s smell. The only thing that I really don’t like is how leafy it is. I found that my Blueberry outcross, BB Muffin x Vintage BB, had a lot more nuggy structure, with varying reports of Blueberry flavor in the smoke. Some growers have reported finding Blueberry smell and flavor, while others have reported that it just seems to have the smell, and not the flavor. It’s also a bit stonier that the lighter dreamy effects that I would really like to find. I happened to have a little bit of pollen left over from my f2 project, and today I hit a couple branches with that. Not sure it’ll take after 1.5 years in the freezer, but we will see!

Here is the Archive Blueberry cut

Pollination shot

Hopeful that I’ll get a couple seeds to look through!

A Blueberry Muffin x Vintage Blueberry F2 example, still definitly leafy, but I feel a little less so:

In other news, my tent continues to be a place to find new bugs. I think I’ve identifed this one as a woodlouse spider. The butt on this thing sure is strange looking. Excuse the dried out rolly pollies, I try and put as many as I can back in the compost bin, but some just want to be free!

17 Likes

Nice dude! Should be fun to look through those… nice mix of different blueberry genes too adding in the alaska BB.

5 Likes

Figured I would post my thoughts on my clones from the last run. Take everything I say with a grain of salt, as I didn’t really grow the plants out to the true potential. Everyone is being flowered out again now, but I think I got a good overall impression of the plants, despite not having them reach their full potential.

Grape Pie - Grape Stomper x Cherry Pie Cannardo

Probably the most narcotic of all the plants I grew last round. I find it to be a good strain to smoke about an hour before bed. I always have a soft spot for plants that bring on good sleep, and this plant checks that box. I grew this one in a 4 foot 2x2, in two gallons of soil, so I ended up with some pretty tiny nugs. They are fairly light in the flavor department. A light sweet grapey flavor, but probably the least flavorful of all the strains I grew last round, with a musky fruity scent to it. I’ve got another one in flower now in 5 gallons of soil, and it’s looking a lot more promising. I think if it had stronger flavor, it would definitely have a spot in my garden for a few grows, so I’m excited to see if I can get some stronger flavors with a better grow.

Rainbow Belts - 2.0 Rainbow Belts #20 x Rainbow Belts F1 Archive (Basically a Zkittlez backcross?)

Easily wins the flavor award of all plants I’ve ever grown. When somebody describes loud flavor, this would be the plant I would compare all future flavor bomb plants to. It’s tropical forward with a gas finish that is stellar to smoke out of a vaporizer. The flavor is so strong, I have specific volcano bags that I only use for this strain, as the flavor stains the bags, and you can’t taste anything else when smoking a different strain a bowl or two later. Before you run out and do everything in your power to get your hands on this plant, the high is not stellar. It’s nice. Very typical slighttly indica leaning hybrid. Has a light stone to it, to where I enjoy smoking this one first thing after work, and staying pretty functional, but overall feeling some relaxation. I would rate it almost as a bit of a novelty strain, as it’s so unique, that it’s worth growing just for that. And it’s incredibly photogenic if your into that. I’ll probably drop it after this next run, but in a year or two if somebody offered it back to me, I would probably be intrigued to grow it again just for the flavor explosion in the smoke!

Rudeboi OG - Irene OG x Faceoff OG bx Archive

This is a really nice plant to grow, and smoke. It has nice dense, frosty, light green colored buds, with as @iamyou_youareme put it doughy savory flavor. It wasn’t like that as it grew, but it’s transformed into this really savory baked good flavor, with a nice easy going OG high. This is good daytime getting fucked up weed. Take it to the beach, have a couple drinks, and smoke this, and you are feeling no pain, have a little heavyness in the head with an overall soothing, uplifting stone. Doesn’t make me tired, but is utterly relaxing. I think I’m going to be getting Irene OG so I may let this one go just to make room for that one, but if I wasn’t picking up another classic OG strain, I would hold onto this one until I did!

Double Dosidos - Dosido F2 - Archive

Another flavor bomb. Nice lemon forward, gassy finish flavor. Was a real easy grower. Grows like a shrub, short and stocky with very dense buds. Unfortunately, it’s not a winner in the high department. I think this is the kind of weed that makes people dislike GSC derivatives. It’s got this brain slowing, numbing high that isn’t that long lived. I find it to best later in the evening before bed, but in general I find it to be the opposite of uplifting, and I haven’t backed this one up. I remember smoking some Dosidos years past from the dispenary that I really liked, and was excited to try growing it, but either my tastes have changed, or this f2 didn’t live up to it’s parents. Either way, I’ll probably avoid anything Dosi related in the future.

Blueberry - Old Blueberry seed stock f2 selected by Archive

I didn’t grow this plant out to it’s true potential, but I love it nontheless. I didn’t really train it, or do any pruning the first round, and ended up with a lot of larf, and very few filled out nugs. It probably needed another few weeks, but based on how I dry my plants in the tent they are grown, I harevest everyone at once. This time around I have pruned heavily and am hoping to get some denser flower clusters. Great blueberry scent, with solid blueberry flavor on this one. It’s a little lighter than I would have hoped, but it has dreamy effects, that when smoked in larger quantities are uplifting, and I would say slightly sativa dominant. I love smoking this one before bed, so I can lay around day dreaming rather than sleeping. It makes me a total space cadet and is great for listening to ambient sounds, and is closer to psychadelia than most weed I grow in the sense it really makes me feel more emotionally and physically, with it’s light body high. I will keep this one around for a while. It’s a winner!

T-1000 - Purple Urkle x Triangle Kush CSI

An excellent purple strain! Very deeply purple nugs with that classic musky purple, grapey, earthy flavor and smell. It’s a little bit less narcotic than the Grape Pie, but the two are very similar, with the big difference being that the T-1000 makes me feel more alive, and uplifted, while still having fairly sedative effects. I really appreciate weed that makes me feel stoned, but also uplifted emotionally at the same time. It’s like having a cup of hot tea in the winter after smoking it, you just feel relaxed and content. I think the Triangle Kush has added a good amount of potency compared to what I’ve found in GDP. This one will also keep a spot in my garden for another grow or two!

It’s been fun growing all these different varities. I do think the overall quality of the smoke from clones has been higher than growing from non pheno selected seeds. Someday I would like to hunt my own phenos, but where I’m at now with essentially a 2x4 to flower out, I think clones will be my choice until I get an incurable case of russet mites. It just makes more sense for my set up, and I really enjoy growing proven plants. Even my worst plant, the double dosi, had some really standout aspects, which I can’t always say about the worst seed plant in my tent. Anyway, thanks for following along!

19 Likes

Thanks for your smoke reports, always a joy to read!

4 Likes

Awesome write-ups! That Rudeboi OG sounds fantastic. Trying out hunted clones makes a ton of sense if you have access to them. Excited to see what you guys think of the pure Irene OG when and if the time comes.

7 Likes

Excellent reviews! Very well done.

4 Likes

Primo descriptions as usual! Thanks for sharing all this great info. Gonna have to get my hands on a couple of those varieties. :wink:

Mmmm grape pie. Sad that it seems that you sacrifice flavor for potency in most cases. I’ve heard that a few times about the rainbow belts. :metal::seedling::green_heart:

6 Likes

Nice write up and glad to hear you enjoy most of them enough to keep them around for a bit. What size tent were you able to use for flowering before you had to go down to the 2x4? Sucks you can’t readily pop as many seeds as before but it sounds like you have access to some nice clones anyways!

5 Likes

Nice write ups man, I appreciate your perspective after running these clones myself, it’s cool to see what we both liked and disliked outta the bunch.

Definitely agree with your assessment here. This cut produces ultra frosty tiny nugs, that don’t really have a strong smell while growing. But the grape pie sweetness comes out in the cure, especially if you go as far to make it into concentrates. I don’t quite get the narco stone to it, more of a steady indica hybrid stone, but cool to see we experience it differently.Will be neat to see you run it in a bigger container.

funny about the volcano bags, because that’s my experience as well. It leaves a taste in the bag that is distinct, mine cured out to sweaty gym socks with overripe tropical fruit smells. Totally agree about the novelty factor, the stone is nothing spectacular, it’s middle of the road kinda high. We all know Fletch just breeds for flavor anyways…

This is actually my favorite clone from archive that is their breeding stock. It doesn’t yield for shit, but has a nice unique OG flavor to it. The high is good one this one too, some say sociable, haha, I say zooted and zoned out staring at the trees… Looks like you did a good job with her! Irene OG is coming up next!

Yeah, the flavor one this one really reminded me of the actual Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies, that you buy from the little girls going door to door, not the weed, haha! Again agree with you on the high, kinda made me feel dumb for 30 minutes and then just wanted too smoke something else… The flavor was good though.

Smoked some of this one the other day and it floored me… haha! I hadn’t smoked any of it in a good while, and my stash is about 1.5 years old now, but yeah, I vaped some the other evening and I was so relaxed I couldn’t get out of the chair. Still smells good in the jar, just more musty now. Great flavor to her.

Awesome nugs man! Agree that the T-1000 is more uplifting, and “feel-good” than the Grape Pie… I like your hot cup of tea in the winter analogy, that feels pretty on point, there’s something warmly satisfying about her. I’m curious to run both the Triangle Kush and Urkle next, maybe I can tell which parent is dominate? Either way, the T-1000 is a good one, worth growing and smoking for sure.

lol, you and @schmarmpit are trying to jinx yourselves :wink: I hear you though, it’s nice to be able to run through some of these clones to see what they’re about, to get a feel for what’s out there. Then you can get back to seed popping when you’re ready, and pick some killer phenos.

Keep up up the good work over here dude, excited to see your next round!

10 Likes

very nice smoke report and pictures, the rainbow belts sounds nice, novelty weed, i like that! good shit broski!!

3 Likes

Thanks guys! Appreciate the feedback. I sure have had fun smoking em!

Yeah, it’s a real winner. Based on what I see you tend to like and appreciate, I think you would really enjoy this one!

How long do you think you ran yours for? I flowered mine for 76 days, which I’m thinking may have contributed to the narcotic aspect I’m finding? It’s not ultra narcotic, but it puts me in a trance, and then to bed for sure.

I think from that perspective, he really succeeds in what he set’s out to do. His strains are damn flavorful!

I fully agree with that! He did a nice job with this one. I’ll have to see if I have space to hold onto it, or grow enough of it so that I can compare the smoke to the Irene.

Not having grown the TK, but only TK crosses from CSI, the T-1000 seems to have a lot more stretch and thinner branches than the Urkle I was vegging out. Still pretty inconclusive though as I didn’t make it to far with that one. Got two new cuts rooted of her though, so will try again! It’s almost like the T-1000 got structure and potency for from the TK, but kept the Urkle flavor profile and high. I find that uplifting indica effect in those old school purples, but you’ll be the expert soon enough!

Yeah, we gotta find that ultra flavorful and potent weed as the holy grail! If you ever see something I’m growing you want just reach out, chances are it could find it’s way into the mail!

10 Likes

:yum:

Id happily share anything I’ve got too. Those AKBB blueberry muffins x vintage Blueberry must of been good. Got just under 2 ozs off that plant, but I kept smoking from that jar til it was gone. Just smoked the last of it yesterday. It wasn’t as blueberry as it was just mellow, sweet tasting pulls. But the nuggs were dense and frosty, and they sure smelled like sweet blueberries.

9 Likes

Missed this in my last response. I had the same tent set up, but I could also grow six plants outdoor, which I’m not comfortable doing in my new place. Someday it might be fun to mess around with a bunch of small pots to grow full packs at once, but we’ve got it pretty good on here with people sharing some awesome stuff!

4 Likes

About time for an update on what’s going on in the tents.

Tent 1 - 36 days flowering. Always fun to see plants getting some nice nugs. Everyone seems pretty healthy in here!

Rainbow Belts 2.0 - Double Dosidos
Grape Pie - Blueberry

Grape Pie

Rainbow Belts 2.0

Blueberry

Double Dosidos

Tent 2 - 17 days flowering. A little bit of wasted space in there from the loss of the Urkle.
T-1000 - Rudeboi OG
Tropicanna Cherries #8

Tropicanna Cherries #8. Purple right from the start!

Clone tent. Back tray says we want bigger pots and we want them now!

21 Likes

All looking beautiful and healthy!

Nice to see that Grape Pie is a stretcher. Mine’s been acting the same and I always thought that plant was supposed to be a squat bush (for no good reason). Good to know!

5 Likes

Looking good per usual! Is the Double Dosidos the same cut you just harvested and wasn’t the biggest fan of?

5 Likes

Thank you! Yeah it is. Probably gift most if it away. I had a suspicion when prepping for flowering it wasn’t my favorite. Won’t happen again though, as it’s the only plant I don’t have backed up. At least it tastes good, and can be a nice pre bedtime smoke.

7 Likes