Greasy's Journal

Plant party going on in here. :100: :fire:

3 Likes

Some bedtime weed is never a bad thing!

1 Like

Plants are chugging right along. I’ve been feeding them 50% more than I have in past grows, and I think it has helped with their vigor. I’m seeing a slight bit of clawing and burnt tips, but on the other hand, I think the buds are pretty well developed in my furthest along tent for 46 days. In the past I had fed less, when I was only top dressing craft blend, as my plants would seem to burn from that well into flower. This time around I’m trying out Roots Organic Uprising dry ammendment, with a handful or so every 2 weeks.

Back to craft blend, I don’t know if anyone else would be as foolish as me, but I decided all my house plants could use a little extra feed, and gave them all a nice dusting of craft blend, and wow, after watering that in and the blend having a few days to get that soil beard going, my house smells absolutely horrible. Have to move all my house plants to the yard to let them air out for a while. It started slowly and came to a crescendo, where I was searching a dead animal before the lightbulb went off! This is a PSA, don’t be like me! I’ll be sticking with worm castings or some well broken down compost from now on.

Tent 1 46 days flowering. Thinking this tent could be done around 63 days. I tend to go 70+, but these buds are maturing a little faster than they usually do. I’ll let the trichs decide in the end.

Rainbow Belts - Double Dosidos
Grape Pie - Blueberry

The Rainbow Belts and Grape Pie sure are pretty, but they are the ones that I’m letting go. The Grape Pie is a good nighttime strain, but I’m going to swapping it out with Farmer Joes GMO for my next run to try something different. I still do think it’s been a nice strain for bringing on sleep, and if I had unlimited space would probably keep it around for a while longer.

Rainbow Belts

Grape Pie

Double Dosidos

Blueberry - I’m really pleased with how this grow is going vs. the the first round. Buds are filling out much better, and the smell is truly loud Blueberry when brushing up against it!

I’ve recently been getting a lot of black soldier flys hatching in my compost and showing up in my tent. It’s not doing me any favors when they fly out of the tent and into the house… Thankfully they tend to fly out with a door open, but it’s been strange getting so many recently, whereas before I would get one or two a grow cycle.

Tent #2 at 27 days flowering. The Tropicanna Cherries really stretched on me. Loving how purple she is right out the gate!

T-1000 - Rudeboi OG
Tropicanna Cherries #8

Clone tent thinned out a bit.

Found some nice homes for these ones! Always feels good to save them from the compost. A little late to put them outside, but I bet they’ll still be good for a couple oz’s.

18 Likes

At what week we’re you chopping her?

3 Likes

Haha ya lots of amendments - fish amendments especially (fish meal / fish bone meal) - as well as feather meal can really give off some foul odors.

5 Likes

10.5 weeks

Yep, lesson learned! It’s some fishy stuff! I wonder if the cat liked it?

7 Likes

Okay I’ve been cutting early 8/8.5 max with the pheno I was running. Didn’t find it sleep inducing

4 Likes

Good to know. I got sick of having to buy fresh basil every time I needed some, so I planted a little basil into a half-gallon last week, planned on top dressing with, like, a teaspoon of Craft Blend the next time I water it.

And I probably still will haha, but at least I’ll know what it is that’s stinking up the joint.

Plants look good!

6 Likes

:100: :fire: :sunglasses: :metal:

3 Likes

Nice flowers, that Rainbow Belts and Grape Pie really are pretty to look at! Glad your run is going better this time than your last and yeah, my wife always complains about the smell of the grow room after I top dress with Craft Blend in between grows. It usually goes something like, “Oh my god, what the hell is that smell?” Haha.

And you though you wouldn’t be growing outdoors in your new place, haha, it’s too hard not to! I always start off with “I’m not growing outdoors this year” to “Okay, I’ll grow one or two” and then by late summer you have 5 or 6 going. Anyways, what clones do you have going outdoors?

6 Likes

I do that every year. Two years ago the lantern flies attacked a Guerilla Fume. Looked outside this am and a deer got one of my two.

@Greasy your garden looks fantastic.

8 Likes

So is this an actual thing? Craft Blend smells bad? I top dressed ten seven-gallons with it this grow, quarter-cup for each pot and I don’t recall being overwhelmed by any sorta “bad smells.”

Of course, I think neem oil and bamboo wood vinegar smell good, too, so maybe it’s just me… haha.

4 Likes

Honestly, I don’t think so at all and I like the smell of neem meal and neem oil as well, but some people are more sensitive to it. For the Craft Blend, I get mostly a neem smell upfront with some light ocean/fish on the backend, haha. My wife usually complains if she is in the grow room within a few days of me topdressing 12-15 cups on a 4x4 bed, there isn’t the best airflow in the room either so it can be kind of “dank” in there regardless.

4 Likes

Thanks guys!

Still sticking to my plan, just hardening these ones off for a friend. Trying to feel out if the new landlord is going to be nosy or not. He said he wanted to come by every few months and trim some bushes we have in the yard. Trying to take such immaculate care of the place that he’ll chill out, and then I can grow some nice trees in the yard without worry of having to move or cull plants if he decides he wants to make regular visits.

In general I don’t find it smells that bad. I think overwatering in combination with applying it is what can really lead ot the stink. Somehow then it gets really dead fishy, and that’s not great.

8 Likes

Time is flying by here, and have one tent that is nearing the finish line to harvest!

Tent 1 has turned into flop city! Currently at 57 days flowering, and figure I’ll harvest in a week or so, except for the Blueberry which looks like it could use a few more weeks. Plants seemed to respond well to a heavier feeding schedule, and are really only starting to get their fade going now. A bit more clawing that I like to see, but the buds are looking pretty good to me!

Rainbow Belts 2.0 - Double Dosidos
Grape Pie - Blueberry

Grape Pie

Rainbow Belts 2.0

Double Dosidos

Blueberry

Tent 2

T-1000 - Rudeboi OG
Tropicanna Cherries #8

Tropicanna Cherries #8. Sure is a pretty plant! Reviews of the high seem a little less than stellar from others, but I am a sucker for purple weed, so still excited to try her.

Rudeboi OG

T-1000

Clones. I made my first Farmer Joe purchase and have added GMO and Skunk Tangerine to my collection. For the next grow Tent 1 will be GMO, Skunk Tangerine, Purple Urkle, and Blueberry. Any of the white residue in this tent is from sulfur. After that PM over the winter, I have just been doing a thorough drench of sulfur in veg preemptively.

Also was very fortunate to be able to make a withdrawl from the Bank of Stank, and am introducing Mac 1, Banana OG, and Afgooey into my steadily growing crew of clones!

I’m going to have some good smoke this winter! I’m getting deeper and deeper into the clone collecting club, and loving that I can get a good baseline of all these strains. Happy growing and thanks for following along!

18 Likes

Great work over here man! I think you got things a little more bulked up compared to last round. Looks like you’ll have enough smoke to keep your jars full 'til next harvest. Will be cool to see what you do with your next round, lots of choices now that you’re on the clone train!

7 Likes

Nice lineup man! Flowers lookin nice to say the least. Interesting that the blueberry seems
to need more time, usually theyre faster flowering.

5 Likes

That DD is dank as f. :100: :fire:

8 Likes

Thanks guys!

I think so too! My style of growing doesn’t seem to lend itself to high yields, but it’s good to see a little improvement. I keep my inputs pretty simple and my pots 5 gallons, so I probably don’t take my plants to their fullest potential. Seeing what you guys can do organically in sips is inspiring, I just like variety! Someday I’m gonna have to try it out though.

Yeah, it’s exciting! I feel like I’m learning so much faster growing clones. Being able to grow the exact same strain multiple times is giving me the ability to try different things and learn what works better. A single 2x2 just wasn’t keeping up with our consumption, so now I’ve got a couple little tents and two 2x2s! I’m hooked!

I agree. The two BB varieties I grew out from AKBB were all pretty much 8-9 weekers. This Archive cut for me seems like it wants 10-11 weeks to really fill out it’s buds. I really like the high though. Definitely keeping it around and can get it out to you this fall!

8 Likes

Yea maybe its from an older blueberry generation. For sure man looking forward to it. Will be curious what other cuts you really dig too.

6 Likes