Grove Bags.... Has anyone tried them on a cure?

It fluctuates wildly depending on the season and outside humidity. Anywhere from 30-60 depending.

I have little humidity sensors all over my apartment :rofl:

Edit - it is currently at 56%

8 Likes

Well that completely blew away my theory that the closet was contributing to the jars :laughing:

Sounds like the jars are definitely pulling their own weight!

2 Likes

You can build your own variety pack that way u don’t have to order in bulk that’s what I did. The shipping is what gets you the cheapest option is $10 n some change, depends where you live to I would assume.

I saw where you were going :wink:

The jars are from Ikea. 2L I think.

Everyone’s method is different but I’ve found what works best for me is to drop them in jars at the optimal humidity and then leave them alone. I try not to overthink it.

5 Likes

Hey if it ain’t broke don’t fix it, specially with curing since it can make or break a harvest. I’ll send my bud to you when I chop and you can just send it back cured ok? :smile:

3 Likes

I would man but there’s no way I’m going to Ikea to buy more jars:

It’s crazy.

For the record I wet trim and dry with no venting using an inkbird and a cheap humidifier. I’ve had bud over a year old that’s still perfect using the method I’ve described.

For extreme long term storage it was recommended that I use vacuum seal bags which I’m going to try in the near future.

6 Likes

I’m really hoping the grove bags do the trick for me. My dry is always right on or slightly drier than I’d like before jarring and the burp/jar storage is where I fail or fly it seems. One thing I’ve kind narrowed down is how much I put in each jar. I have a tendency to put too much in and I think it plays a big part when it comes out less than expected.

And yes screw going there right now! Looks like a concert or something.

3 Likes

The current joke is that it’s a covid vaccine pop up location but obviously that’s not true.

I wonder if the grove bags accomplish the same thing as the paper bag method? I’d be curious to know.

I just posted this elsewhere but this is how I make absolutely sure my buds are ready for jars:

My half full and full jars behave the same.

And bovedas are a good choice if you’ve gone a little too far. No shame in using them. They are pretty cheap and work as advertised. Ive never used them to bring humidity down though, only up.

5 Likes

Isn’t the brown beg method for drying, not curing? If so supposedly the grove bags are the opposite of that. You dry in ziplocs like that or dry and than ziploc to see if they sweat any more moisture?

You might be right about that.

It depends on your method. Lots of guys jar a little too early for my tastes and burp to achieve their target RH. Brown bagging is kind of the same thing, sort of. A long slow end to the drying process.

It’s hard to compare apples to apples accurately because there are so many variables.

My method works for me but we’ve all got different climates and HVAC systems and trimming preferences so it’s about finding your best practices which will vary from person to person.

In the past I’ve jarred early and burped but I found the process time consuming and tedious when there are a dozen jars involved.

4 Likes

I just received some grove bags. Some 1 oz and half pound bags. Threw my Cali-O in there. Let’s see how this works

2 Likes

Have my QP bag weighed out, but ive been using it to sweat the moisture out the last few days. I have it stabilized at 65% right now. Might empty it for 15 mins before bed, then seal it up and see what it reads in the AM. If its still between 62-65, i’ll heat seal it up. Then the waiting game begins. (Have an extra ounce jarred up to keep me from breaking into the bag :rofl:)

6 Likes

Ok so I stuck a few ounces of Cheese Auto into a couple QP bags tonight. I will report back :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Every once in awhile I get bored and scan some reddit growing subs and there were some posts raving about how great Grove bags were yesterday, like to the point I checked the guy’s post history to see if he worked for the company. It looks like he does not and just had a really positive experience. The general consensus agreed with him too.

3 Likes

I was a bit nervous even starting this thread. I mean, what if they suck and a bunch of us wasted money, right? But I’ve been following that ilgm thread and other than that problem with the zip seal on the oz packs coming apart, I have seen zero bad reviews. And the company has made it right for those with defaulty bags.
I’m pretty sure I didn’t waste my cash. :thinking:

3 Likes

After I did some more reading yesterday I went ahead and ordered 10 of the quarter pound bags. With the $20 promo they gave me my total was $15 shipped.

I got the popup to enter an email for the discount again for some reason and I said hey I have another email! So hopefully $20 off my next order too!

3 Likes

During my first order I sent someone my referral code, and I ended up with 4x $20 off coupons. They are tossing those out like candy

3 Likes

Damn I should have referred myself.

On a completely unrelated note did you know the period trick for gmail accounts? You can insert a period anywhere in the email name and a site will log it as a new email. Google however recognizes it as your email regardless of the period. So for example Danknugs@gmail could be D.andknugs@gmail, Da.nknugs@gmail, etc. Yup completely unrelated to the discussion at hand… :smirk:

8 Likes

If you have your own domain registered, at some places you can create a “catch all” account on that domain, which means if an email gets sent to the domain, but the address used does not exist, it will go to the catch all address. So you set one of those up, and you can use infinite addresses @ your domain

3 Likes

Listen buddy, I’m not a big time hacker like you ok? 10 minute email and periods in a gmail address are the limit of my syck hackz :smile:

That’s pretty cool though actually and could come in handy!

3 Likes