Grove Bags.... Has anyone tried them on a cure?

Mine just got here, and this lady will be coming down soon.

(edit - I know the leaves are jacked up. Accidentally gave the wrong nutes a few weeks ago, and they just never uncurled. Buds seem to be progressing nicely at this point)

7 Likes

Nice, brother. Are you running DWC using a big Tupperware tote? This was a design I constructed from the original OG many moons ago. Works really well!

1 Like

Sure am. I think I found the DIY instructions on GWE. I have been thinking about a new tub, either doing one per single bucket, or something a little wider so my plants don’t run into each other, but haven’t decided on a new design yet.

6 Likes

Good stuff! I went from 2 plants in a bucket to just one and saw better results. I’ve seen ppl do just fine with multiple plants in one tub, but for me I thought I got better results with just one. Keep up the good work :v:t2:

1 Like

I definitely will stick to one strain per tub, at the very least, moving forward. Trying to troubleshoot 2 different plants, using the same food, has been a little difficult.

1 Like

Oh man! You’re slick if you’ve been running different strains in that bad boy. I had never considered even attempting that for the reasons you stated.

3 Likes

This is a link to the other forum thread.
It seems the good people here have no problems with my posting it. It seems sharing knowledge is paramount on here. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

There are about 490 posts just on this thread but following growers to their journals will add hundreds more. That site is blowing up with conversations about them.
@Chronickyle

7 Likes

That makes me want to buy more, now. It’s going to be difficult to wait until I have tested them out lol.

4 Likes

Grove bags arrived today and just in time, have buds that are all dry n ready to be stored for curing.
Will see if these are as great as they say.

One thing I noticed on the 1 oz bags is that the reseal part does tear apart from the bag rather easily leaving them to only be heat sealed, my boyfriend did it his first try I’ll be opening them from now on lol, the bigger bags seem sturdier however just my 2 cents

6 Likes

Thanks for the input @Budafly !
That’s definitely good to know. I’m getting four 1/4 lb bags and several 1oz.
My hands shake sometimes so that’s good info to me.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Should of mentioned the pinch. The resealable bit can pull away from the bag if you are a bit messy when pulling them open, when you reach in to peal the seal apart it is possible to grab the bag with one hand and the bag and two sides of the resealable bit with your other hand and if you try to pull it open while holding that way you ruin the bag.
Make sure when opening that each hand pinches a bit of bag and a bit of seal.

5 Likes

Yes definitely have to be careful, I left the room for a sec and wen I came back he was handing me a bag saying he couldn’t close it, when I checked it out realized it broke no worries will just heat seal I’m in charge of opening the bags from now on tho :joy:

3 Likes

Mine arrived. They are so cheaply made I am not trusting these with my meds. Remaining a ball jar household. Glad I didn’t order a bunch.

4 Likes

That’s good to know. I guess I’m sticking with smell proof bags and boveda humidity packs

1 Like

This is why I have been hesitant. I’d love to hear good reports from people I trust.

3 Likes

I had the same feeling. I am going to drop an oz of the auto I am taking down shortly into one of them and see for myself. Unfortunately it will be 5 weeks or so by the time I have dried, bagged and left to “cure”. I will also seal a humidity reader into the grove bag to confirm if it keeps humidity level as it claims.

6 Likes

It gave my freshly dried bud the boveda brick before I could get things back in jars.

2 Likes

Im about 2 or 3 weeks out. Im still hesitant on my second grow . Im seeing others feeling the same, any updates?

2 Likes

Hey bro. Has the bag held it’s RH during the last week?

2 Likes

Not sure, heading home today to see my plants, the autos need to come down and dry before I can try these bags.

1 Like