Grove Bags.... Has anyone tried them on a cure?

I have been reading about the product called Grove Bags.
These bags, after hang drying, are designed to eliminate the need for burping, shaking… The bags regulate the RH and still allow gasses to escape, supposedly preserving the terpenes and trichomes.

From what I have seen they are an amazing tool to add to our growing methods.

I’m curious to see if anyone has used them or plans to use them. I plan to, but that is at least two months before I can.
@DougDawson @DannyTerpintine @G-paS @Guitarzan @Gpaw @Eagles009 @HaRdRoC @JohnnyPotseed @JoeCrowe @Kushking902
quorter-pound-branded-reduced-e1545954634661-300x300

62 Likes

I’ve used them so far to do about 3lbs. At this point I’d say best damn thing since sliced bread.
Didnt trust them so kept a hygrometer in the bag just for peice of mind. They are on point. Fill em seal em put em in the dark and forget about it. No burping my favorite part. Did a test, I’ve got about 10 zips in a bag I already used not sure if its recommended but they do seem to be reusable too.:grin::v::call_me_hand:

41 Likes

@Bow4Buck Thanks man! I’ve read quite a few positive comments on the other forum I frequent. I thought my friends over here should have a heads up.

I’m inclined to buy enough for the next round just to give it a go.

This is a post a friend made on another forum.
Dude. I have seen a lot of people try them and never heard a complaint. Zero burping, shaking… It does it all. Truly amazing.

I’m only 12 days in bags and the humidity is still all 60%. I pulled a bud because I just can’t resist. The taste was great, maybe a little too sweet tasting but I’m hoping that calms down a little bit after the cure. Smoke was smooth, ash still a little dark. Keep in mind these were all washed buds with lemon juice and baking soda, and peroxide wash with a double rinse. It doesn’t appear to have hurt the trichomes or the flavor. I’m really looking forward to tasting this in a couple more weeks.

39 Likes

https://order.massco.com/viewProduct?rlProdNum=GBPO722127250

apparently in several sizes

Grove Bags TerpLoc™ pouch line is designed around the plants unique properties to maintain weight, prevent mold, and preserve the terpene profile. Once your product is sealed inside, all unwanted gases and water vapor are actively diffused through the pouches layers creating a relative humidity level of 62% and limiting the oxidation of the product stored inside.

10 Likes

@Herbie. There are some knockoffs out there. Be sure that it’s a produce from “Grove Bags” if you invest.

11 Likes

Glad to help. I assume on the site you figured where the smaller lots were. The site is weird, lists inventory but it all looks like it is huge lots commercial growers. Think towards the bottom of the list there is a product category for “home grows” much smaller batches available there. Think I did 1lb bags 20 for $80
This is the one I reused…

Lol, without pics it never happened right :grin:

27 Likes

Most people I’ve chatted with went to the Build-Your-Own Variety Pack.
That would work best for me I think. I’ll get a few big and one or two oz sizes for keeping handy that are not sealed.

5 Likes

your link shows Dow product? The massco one says Kinzie Advanced Polymers.

2 Likes

Probably a good idea. My dumb butt smokes right out of the bag, so it gets opened alot after about a month. They still hold mine right at 57% even with being opened time and time again.
Think I’m with you, a few smaller ones for every day use.

7 Likes

Exactly. On the other site I found that the technology is patented but others mimic the looks of the bag. Others have been disappointed with anything other than Grove Bags.

2 Likes

Here is the link saved on my phone

6 Likes

I am a very frugal person. LOL
Necessity has conditioned me to be just that way. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Managed to grab a sample of these about 4 months ago. I’ve never liked burping jars so i thought I would give them a try. The results are impressive , so much so that I was going to ask around on here if a USA oger could order some more for me. Postage and tax to the UK are crazy and off putting if ordering direct.
I placed two hygrometers in my large half lb bags and found that top and bottom of the bags would initially differ slightly maybe 5% but turning them over every other day for a couple of weeks equalised it.
I have seen reports of the seals pulling off from the bag but have opened them plenty and have had no problems.

5 Likes

Thanks redjimp.
I hadn’t heard about the variations in the bag. That’s good to know. Some of mine will probably be in bags for months before I get into them.
:pray: :v: :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

@Herbie
@Bow4Buck has the right ones. I’d go to the “build your own order” link.

@LilJonB check out this thread if your interested. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Oh wow thanks. I thought that picture looked familiar. I have been here before. That’s great I don’t have to drop a whole lot of doe like originally though. It dose seem like it would be a HUGE help. I forget about my jars more and more the further I get away from harvest.

5 Likes

So these bags are for storage AFTER drying & curing? So what’s the difference between the bag and a ball jar with a 62% Boveda bag in it?

Not criticizing, just trying to figure it out.

12 Likes

Nice looked at their site will try them out in a month or so thank you will prolly mention them on my next live stream on tik tok …Dr.doobie_cc…as well a shout out for OVergrow the bestest forum for up to date info on cannabis usually on at 420 in the afternoon for an hour or so answering questions and talking anything and everything cannabis related also any topic suggestions will work also

Peace and stay safe

7 Likes

I think they use them for the cure. Long cure.
If they are just for after cure they would be next to worthless.

3 Likes

These do the cure as well with no need for burping or any other input from the grower. Once you hang dry just seal it in the bag and put in the dark. The plastic does all the work.

5 Likes