Grow Journal Forbidden Fruit x Uk Cheese, CSI HUMBOLT

I’m back and have pics of the lady’s in flower they over grew my veg tent when i was away and shit got crazyin a bad way. They were very weak and underfed by the time i got back. then i didnt check my flowering light and for the first two weeks of flower the light was on full blast and now it looks like week 7 at week 3. will post pics real soon maybe someone can help me out and maybe i can get them back to what they’re supposed to look like at this point in flower. last time i leave my grow for more then a week!

2 Likes

Waiting to see photos.

:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

pheno 1 no issues reeking like fresh peeled oranges at week 5 little older then the rest of the gals

2 Likes

pheno 2 same smell and this is the one that had spiraling branches no issues easy going

pheno’s 3 and 4 both fading very fast got the worst if it in first 2 weeks of flower they reek of strawberries and citrus with this weird stale cracker smell the buds seem to be doing fine tho. and this is at day 24 the first pheno is at day 35

5 Likes

soooo nobody knows why this happened? thought i get a little help here :frowning: honestly I forget about og life is moving fast and I also got really bored with this journal so i’m going to just post one last one when its harvest time and if i get at least 5 people interested ill do smoke report. It doesn’t seem like anyone gives a shit on here unless its cookies or bodhi’s work. or maybe im just a noob that no one cares about but anyways later og

2 Likes

, what kind of nutrients/setup would help get a better picture of what’s going on are you using just found your journal would be interested in smoke report/update much love and happy growing @myco_matchick also posting too CSI Humboldt Seeds might get you some buzz around your log

2 Likes

I feel you on the lack of interest. Don’t take it personally though. A lot of ppl on here, lot’s going on. It’s difficult to get ppl interested in your thread (unless you give away seeds for free :joy:). I get a few likes here and there but a lot of ppl just like to view threads but don’t participate.

Did you ever figure out your issue? The transition to flower and first few weeks are a critical time. Your soil was most likely deficient in nitrogen or calcium maybe. Those leaves look typical of a nitrogen fade to me but I’m also just learning. At times like these I like to take Jeremy’s advice (from build a soil). He recommends making a cocktail of different amendments and watering it in. You could top dress, add worm castings and then feed with a tea made with extra nitrogen (amino acids) and a source of calcium like water soluble gypsum, some aloe and maybe coconut powder. That might cover all your bases. OR something like a liquid fish product which has a bunch of nutrients. Go slow and watch the plants to see what happens. You can also foliar feed with water soluble nitrogen and calcium to attack the issue right away.

Anyway, I’d be interested to see how these turn out as I have both strains on deck for future grows. Don’t give up. Hang out in other threads, make friends, trade genetics and you’ll see gather more of an audience.

1 Like

thanks for the interest and yeah i dont take it personal at all. and yeah i did figure it out. they were root bound when i put them in flower, should of put em in a 7 gal. right when i noticed the fade i added worm casted and some bloom amendments and then recharge and molasses every other watering, the two taller plants kept fading and the other 2 smaller ones never had a problem cause i don’t think they’re roots were big enough to reach the end of the pot. so just had the fading issues with the larger ones and ill post pics in a second here

2 Likes

Glad your sorted it out. It’s always good to learn about these issues so thanks for the response.

Keep the thread updated bc I’d love to see how they turn out for you.

2 Likes

Pheno 1 at day 59 super easy grow and the shortest of the 4 no issues at all reeks of orange chemical cleaner reeks up the whole room when brushed on

The rest of the phenos are 2 weeks behind the first

Pheno 2 This one had the weird spiral branching in veg and its the frostiest of the 4 ! smells like pheno 1 but more fresh oranges then chemical cleaner easy grow no issues!!

Pheno 3 smallest yielder but great colors! had the the root bound problem early flower but ended up not bad! reeks of straight fresh peeled oranges and a lot gassier then the other 4. didnt have that strong of branching either

7 Likes

Pheno 4 my favorite ! had the same problem early flower but its finishing strong had the most stretch of the 4 and the biggest nugs and favorite smells of the 4 ! imo its got this weird strawberry yogurt thing going on i also get different smells day by day but mainly berries with that funky stale milk smell cant wait to see her finish!

8 Likes

Pretty plants buddy! Chemmy oranges sounds nice!

2 Likes

Thanks! I think so too! I didn’t expect that chemmy orange cleaner, expected more like pheno 3 !

2 Likes

IMO

dry organics, rule #1.

size always matters.

2 Likes

cheese and forbidden fruit? that’s a weird cross in a good good way! don’t forget let us know how it smokes

hell yeah forbidden brings that insane orange smell, surprisingly i found a lot of black pepper/onions/pine sap/fruit punch in the s1 from CSI, nothing too orange tasting, i can see it in the smell tho, or smell it in the smell? haha

did you take clones?

3 Likes

sure did! got em all cloned and vegging out nice! that 4th pheno also gives out some bubblegum from time to time forgot to mention that but its really interesting! I wish the gassy orange one was yielding a lot better tho.

3 Likes

Hell yeah man now we’re cookin!! Plants look incredible. Super interesting description of smells. Hope they finish up strong for you, they look delicious so far.

2 Likes

Harvest day for FC pheno 1 ! took her at day 60 she was reeking today had some what of a burnt rubber with the fresh oranges coming from her and the trichromes looked about 15ish % amber. That orange smell tho!!! very offensive and lingers on you for a while. Hunted a lot of orange strains to find a cross with this much orange!

6 Likes

had to share this girl today because she’s reeking of strawberries!! little weird coming from forbidden fruit x uk cheese but im stoked on her. when you give the nugz a little squeeze its smells like strawberry yogurt ! this is the 3rd pheno and at day 52 and she looks like she may go 9 weeks or more

8 Likes

heres pheno #1 the shortest, fastest flowering and the loudest of the 4 its been curing for a week now and dried it for 12 days. It reeks of straight oranges and gas when I open the jar and crack a nug and squish it with my fingers it lingers for awhile and doesn’t come off, was walking around kroger sniffing my fingers I’m sure someone saw and thought i was a fucking weirdo haha. the flavor is gooood! its stronger then the smell! super happy with it! didn’t keep the clone because i have 4 other forbidden fruit crosses and 3 beans of this cross left and still have 2 phenos finishing up and 1 drying

8 Likes