Jaybeezy’s garden

Patiently waiting for @Explorer to come in like “HA TOLD YA”

3 Likes

Haha I’ve been watching. I’ve just let ya do ya thing bro live an learn :+1:

The bonus with you is there is only one plant so should be fairly easy to eradicate them so just stay on top of it.

3 Likes

Right on! Haha i hope so. Do you think if i were to spray once a day get them off the plant then go ahead and clean my tent and everything in it. Would it be effective? Or would i just be wasting time. And instead just wait till after harvest to break everything down and clean it.

Also update gave it a second spray down today and watered plain 6.3 pH water i also did some more trimming any popcorn buds YA DED. But also to help eradicate the mites because they like heavy foliage right? I’ve also got a fan blowing directly over the medium.

Random thought. If i put a tad of insecticide in an old humidifier and put that in the tent would that do anything?
I got this levoit humidifier that has a tray for essential oils. And since this stuff is just that then wouldn’t that kinda work to drive them out of my tent entirely? Is this something i should experiment with? Or maybe it would harm my plant in the process having this stuff constantly in the air.

Anyway this sucks because i bet I’m going to be waiting longer to flower to make sure my mites are gone while my plant is just exploding I’m probably going to have to super crop for sure which i didn’t want to do but oh well shit happens.

4 Likes

spider mites like hot & dry. you can freeze’m or humidify’em or CO2 bomb them. i give a big high-five to @Pedro_Bann with his DIY eradication (maybe i’m high at 537am & it’s another OGer).

(put the whole plant in a big garbage bag & OD the fuckers with CO2)

you’ll want to clean as much, ASAP. don’t LITFA with mites. :wink: :thumbsup:

i wouldn’t use your mister as an insecticidal fogger. i admire the commitment though! :joy:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Unless natural I wouldn’t spray insecticide on the plant daily. Every single time you spray that plant I would start top to bottom. So work your way from the top down thoroughly spraying ontop and underneath the leaves. I’d give it 3 days between sprays every pesticide I’ve ever used says to spray every few days not daily.

I would move the plant from your tent and bleach the muhfuckin tent. However if your leaves touch the sides of your tent make sure you wipe any bleachy residue off the sides. I would also spray the floor in the tent and the fab pot but only a light mist on the fab pot.

And they don’t necessarily like the heavy foliage but you’re giving them more places to hide from the pesticides so it helps them duck for cover.

3 Likes

Ima LIFTA these mites the fuck outta here​:rofl::rofl::rofl: BUT

This stuff is just essential oils guys!!! Lol it’s just other plants terps in a bottle aroma therapy type ish my mother is super into it and she has 4 of the 5 oils on hand i can essentially make this stuff i just don’t know the ratios. ( that’s probably why i like the smell so much )

My plan to clean the tent was to take everything out lay the tent out flat and do like a 1:10 ratio of bleach to water or whatever it is to disinfect scrub and clean let dry then go over with just water while doing that id clean the tray wipe the pot light fixtures fans etc EVERYTHING.

I ain’t fuggin around with bugs

3 Likes

I used my wife’s essential oil diffuser in my tent. My humidity is low so it brought it up. I also was using rosemary, cinnamon, peppermint, and lavender. Idk if it helped with my mites but I think it made it less comfortable for them.

3 Likes

So i went to get supplies ready to clean my tent…no bleach. Would vinegar work? Maybe at a different ratio. And not be so harsh if i were to miss a spot during the second wipe down of clean water

1 Like

I don’t think it would hurt the tent, don’t think it would affect the mites either. Wipe the tent out with the insecticidal stuff you have. That’s what I did with my clone cab. Spray on, wipe about, then let dry.

2 Likes

HEY that’s not a bad idea i found Clorox cleaner + bleach and diluted that down to about 10:1 water to cleaner smells like a light chlorine instead of a straight up bleach i assume this will be fine i hope it’s not bleaching my towel like before dilution so that’s a good sign lol

I will be spraying with clean water and wiping down then give it a insecticide mist. Let the bullshit begin

5 Likes

Don’t spill the bleach on the carpet, unless you want to buy a new one.

4 Likes

Oh yeah trust me it went on the towel first :rofl::rofl: I’m a mom living with basement dweller…mother would kill me. And I’m very grateful she lets me grow legal or not (i am 100% legal) i know a lot of parents would say fuck that. Anyway

I’m not seeing anymore affected leaves or bugs i sprayed once more with insecticide i also misted my soil and fab pot after today I’ll be backing off of the spray and spray every other day to once a week.

But now i just gotta do the plain water spray and vacuum out my light vents and then wipe down the skeleton of the tent and i should be good to go. This isn’t taking as long as i thought but it’s definitely a pain in the ass.

I wonder why I’m having such an easy time with the mites
Did i get that lucky that i caught it early or i defoliated at the right time as in i could have very well taken the eggs and shit off the plant before it got bad.

4 Likes

I have had mites once, and managed to get rid of them in 3 days, but you have to keep spraying through their life cycle, time will vary with temps. I caught them early on just one plant, and only had another 3 plants in the clone cab.

6 Likes

I saw a chart somewhat like that somewhere …probably on this site.

So the two leaves that i saw and took pictures of. Under my loupe i saw what i would assume were eggs translucent specks here and there eggs or poop idk lol then some black dots one of which were moving which i then tweaked and smooshed it with my finger.

The cleaning of the tent is done everything is clean like brand spanking new. I also gave a light mist on the inside of mercenary (insecticide) and let it dry.

So a common thing I’m seeing with mites is DRY and HIGH TEMPS.

My tent had been Been in the 80s and High 20s to low 30s RH.

An environmental element needs to Change so i shall get my humidifier goin again and spray every 2 days with mercenary insecticide. And see what happens.

In regards of the plant itself I emailed Scott Ostrander about the nitro tox and some advice on what i should do if i added too much one shot. I said maybe a Herculean harvest (liquid bone meal) flush. Waiting on a response. He said to check in with him this week.

2 Likes

These black dots are mite excrement. :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

I would spray every 2 or 3 days over a 14 day period. The humidity will also help with your plants, slowing down the uptake of nutes, with that low humidity they will be drinking more, and sucking up the nitrogen a lot with it.

2 Likes

https://hempinsects.agsci.colostate.edu/hemp-insects-text/

:four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: rotsa ruck

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

Nice chart and very on the money bro. Mites are like fungus gnats they reproduce quicktime I fluffin hate em. Props on the tent clean as well @Jaybeezy23 isn’t an easy task to get done but will be worth the messing when you pull off a sick crop :+1:

4 Likes

Thanks @cannabissequoia ! That’ll be a nice reference

I’m going to be flipping her to flower im doing what i can for mites I’m just going to treat it on watering/feed days till 3 weeks in or till i got flower development

Update on mites…still nothing no white specks no black specks under. I check mainly the middle under the canopy i feel that has the most hiding spots. Also @Shadey I’m kinda testing the waters with mercenary insecticide on my plant I’ve been spraying everyday with no ill affects so far just once a day after lights on.

After talking to Scott Ostrander once again (super nice dude having his help and guidance kinda makes this line worth the extra money IMO) but he set me up with a solution that’s not in the schedule i just had to grab one more bottle and he wasn’t like YOU NEED THIS nah he said if you have it

He’s not pushing me to buy all his products much love for that

So this blend will consist of these 4 bottles vs the original 6 I’ll be feeding this for a week to compensate for the N tox Scott says he thinks yeah i have a lot of nitrogen but thinks it’s more from pest pressure or just having all these nutes at once after not really having conditioned the plant to have an abundance of nutes in the soil. So the blend will help the plant ease into the nutes more. If that makes sense when he said it it made sense but me trying to reiterate idk lol

and going by NPK numbers im taking majority of N out of my feedings letting the one shot deliver the rest while bumping up my phosphorus levels.

But today was also the first 12 hours of darkness so flower cycle has officially began

4 Likes

Looking forward to pulling off a good lookin crop :slight_smile: thanks for the positive vibes @Explorer

I’m definitely feeling more confident in this plant and myself.

3 Likes