Growduino - environment control system

Hi,
there are some news, but we need a little more time, stay tuned!

App…what app do You mean?

1 Like

Germination and pre-cultivation time is coming, is your Growduino ready? It’ll add more light when the Sun has not enough power yet :slight_smile:

5 Likes

A few updates from last months of development:

1. A new internal UPS is now delivered for those who want to have measured data even when there is a power shortage.
  2. New bigger LCD, now it shows readings from four sensors at one time (4 rows, 20 characters each), cycling them all.
  3. Internal wifi conectivity tested and works perfect - we use TP Link’s 300Mbps Wireless N Nano Router TL-WR802N in client mode - inside Growduino!

So guys, now is the time for buy one Grodwuino and setup a greenhouse for summer :slight_smile: Let me know by private message, I will put a price for You.

And also - Growduino is perfectly suitable for chilli precultivation, take a look!

2 Likes

Very nice and extensively thought out product line r-man! FWIW, I built my 8 head dosing pump module for about $300 USD. I bought two Jebao DP-4 (master and slave) units for as cheap as I could find them on fleabay and began hacking right away. All I wanted was the motors and pumps, but to my surprise the mounting plates that held 4 pumps was useful, and so were the enclosures. I merged two of the bottoms together and cut out what I needed to mount the plates onto. The unit runs off 12 volts, and ATM, I only have a 2A supply, but intend on getting a 5A supply. From the Arduino, I made DB9 connectors to branch out to my sensors and devices. Inside the pumps box, the DB9 wire lands on a 1K resistor to the gate of a TIP120 transistor. There is also a 1N4001 diode across the motor leads for possible flywheeling of the motor. I duplicated that circuit 8 times on a solderable proto board and viola, an Arduino based 8 head dosing pump module.

1 Like

We will discuss it at Dosing pumps - development discussion

1 Like

Absolutely fantastic, r-man. Great work.

1 Like

Omfg !!this is exactly what i looking for :smiley: very nice stuff u got there
Keep up the good work mate

this is very amazing! One suggestion I could make is add WiFi capability because may be difficult to always run ethernet cable to grow! Excellent work!

1 Like

Hello LegalCanada! My machine is capable of wi-fi connection - everything You have to add is a small router like TP-Link nano. It can be inside Growduino and it’s powerfull enough to connect inhouse or approx 100-200m long distance.

http://www.tp-link.com/us/products/details/cat-9_TL-WR702N.html

3 Likes

Hello to everyone !

We are looking for a programmer, if You know someone skilled, communicative and diligent, please let me know in PM.

Knowledge about Arduino, Linux, Django, PHP, Postgre SQL needed.

3 Likes

Completely new and our own pH converter, see FCB …and we are working on EC and UPS 2A and 5A also. Hard work guys!

4 Likes

EC converter is here, digital, galvanic separation (pH has it too). It’s a pleasure, work for #Growduino :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Guys - it has been long time, but Growduino V2 is ready! See this
And if You want, You can see my project Growduino V2 - it’s finished and can be manufactured!

Growduino V2
After several years of development, Growduino V2 appears, a new and much more sophisticated version of the device for both manual and automatic, local and remote climate control and device control in closed cultivation environments. It measures everything from temperature and humidity, through water level and water temperature up to light intensity, EC, pH and CO2. It allows you to set up countless amounts of parameters, control lights, ventilation, humidification, irrigation, but also less traditional heating and refill the water, room heating, dehumidification and last but not least, CO2 dosing. Everything is in the graphs in the browser, you can watch and control your growroom from the other end of the world, even over your phone or tablet. By email you receive notifications when something is wrong, no standard device allows this. Growduino V2, of course, has SSL secure communication, you are logged in with the password, no one else gets to your device. Plus mega cool feature! A webcam to help you see what happens in the growroom day and night.

13 Likes

Hi Guys, pleased to anounce - WiFi connectivity is workning from now :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Another piece from our own development is OptoBoard. Who knows what it’s for?

7 Likes

Replied on your FB page too.
This is exactly what I’ve been trying to wrap my head around for the past week.
Temperature controlled dimming is my guess.
I got as far as a PID controller. Thermistor and an optocoupler. With the SSR. I was leaning towards Arduino uno. And a pwm to 0-10v BoB. I know jack about code though. If you have achieved this then I tip my hat to you sir. Awesome

No…will wait for other to guess :slight_smile:

Looks like a multi-channel AC/DC load controller.

The input AC is simply converted to provide the output DC control voltage power. Upper connector is the digital control input that is electrically decoupled from the output through the opto-isolators. The optoisolated voltage output drives the solid state relay. Four channels are populated. An actual AC load is not currently wired to the solid state relay.

@anon58740919’s idea has merit, too.

2 Likes

Yes! Northern_Loki like a Boss :slight_smile:

Its simple but very efficient galvanic separation between Arduino/OrangePi and AC loaded SSRs. There are optocouplers on classic Arduino RelayBoard also, but the catch is, that it is powered by the same power source, so whem SSR gets damaged and AC strikes the DC side, it will go not over optocouplers, but over DC power into an Arduino and everything will burn. That’s the reason why we decided to make an OptoBoard with separated power source - to avoid this situation :slight_smile:

4 Likes