Growing With Mr.Sparkle : 2021

WOW! The whole 3D printer is beyond me. I worked on laser cutters at work when people thought those were aliens. :rofl: :rofl:
:seedling: :tulip: :blossom: :sunflower: :hibiscus: :rose: :rosette: :white_flower: :cherry_blossom: :seedling:

4 Likes

well 4mm acrylic sheet or wood and 25mm circle with a 17mm hole in the center :wink:

The file above just has a radiused bottom lip to aid in removal from the printing plate.

5 Likes

Monday update.

Left side, week 8 for the PRxCD’s been plucking the odd viable sees off the one, they will be coming down this week. As for the remnants they are moving along slowly.

Right side seedlings picking up since the transplant and looking better that when in the 50/50 potting mix

19 Likes

They are taking their time aren’t they?

2 Likes

12 days for the little ones, yeah potentially i think they will pick up the pace.

5 Likes

Im having a go at some wooden ones. Lets see how they behave.

IMG_20210323_101357

Light and sturdy.

8 Likes

Oh nice. I was just thinking about that last night. I’d like to avoid plastics if possible. So either paper or wood in a paper sleeve like the Everyday Haze came in might work. Did you cut that yourself?

5 Likes

Yes… I suppose I could make a small tutorial about it. If you’re interested and anyone else.

5 Likes

That would be great! :+1:

2 Likes

Will do. Let me get some photos together :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I considered and still do the wood one vs plastic options as was my original path, though either a bunch of machining whether cutting individually or making essentially a tube then nipping off 4mm sections just having to be cognizant of grain direction for strength unless using plywood, though dont have the tool/shop to do so or they would of been wood, so 3d printed it is.

Bonus pic, made some dry kief/hash yesterday evening need to look into a more refined and less messy version that what i was doing though.

Also most likely will chop the seed bearing PRxCD tonight and will leave the little one for another day or two.

29 Likes

Need a Star at the top of that tree. Ho! Ho! Ho! Christmas in March!!!
Is @Mr.Sparkle handing out presents???

13 Likes

That was my first thought. What an awesome plant.
:seedling: :blossom: :sunflower: :hibiscus: :seedling:

4 Likes

Hey @Mr.Sparkle couple questions (sorry if you already answered, kind of hard to search for):

1. It sounds like you adjust the wattage on your lights which totally makes sense as plants grow, but what do you decide on when you have a mix of flowering and youngins in the same box?

2. As for the ph issues, could you do more Dolomite or would that add too much magnesium? What about oyster shell flour possibly? (I think that helps raise ph but I could be wrong)

PS I’m putting some micro grow boxes together inspired in large part from you (tho Ill admit I should be following your grows more closely):

12 Likes

Typically i don’t adjust wattage’s and just leave it at my full set value all the time, only time i turn it down is when its completely empty with just seedlings starting out as if i don’t heat builds up due to all the light bouncing around having nowhere to go, but once you have a plant or two of alright size then its back to full.

As for the pH yeah more dolomite lime could possibly fix the issue even if ive already tried 4+ tbsp a gal of mix, but its an issue that shouldn’t be there in the first place so no sense chasing my tail and just avoid the situation to begin with, that being avoid the more generic Promix potting mix and only go after the HP or similar bit higher end mixes, or just go back to coco which will likely happen eventually.

10 Likes

As for Wednesday update

Left side moving along, the remaining PRxCD has been turning dark purple where ever direct light has been hitting it as its been only on water for a bit over a week now i didn’t expect it to have this much color which is a nice surprise.

The Cinderevil in the back is loaded with seeds, all at the green stage at the moment so still a good couple of weeks before i can think about harvesting that plant.

As for the low pH others, there moving along slowly with issues patience will be running short on them in about a week depending.

Also the harvested PRxCD will have to wait probably till mid weekend before i can start extracting seeds though im not expecting many as it only looks very sparsely populated which would of been from my couple hr wait time before blowing off vs say the cinderevil which was left alone for a day, will be enough to play with though.

Right side creeping along im seeing roots out the bottom its just slow going, they’re a bit mopey and i should do a rundown test just to see whether high EC or pH issues as i did add one tbsp of Dolomite lime to this batch of HP as a precaution but it could be pushing it high.

21 Likes

Might be a pain in the ass but I love the look of the sand in a jar approach!

3 Likes

lol well thats after the fact, was a mesh bag shaken over a SS mixing bowl out on the patio which i probably swept a gram plus off the floor which went into a near by planter.

Needless to say either need a bigger bowl/bucket or a more confined way of doing it.

4 Likes

In that case I’ll kick back watch you figure it out and go from there! Then I might get myself that ikea quality setup! Lol :joy:

3 Likes

Here is the tutorial should you have any interest :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::hugs::wink::man_scientist:

2 Likes