Growing with Mr.Sparkle : Trials & Progression 2020

I’ve tried quite a few over the past 4yrs, silent wings etc but these are now my favorite

3 Likes

They look good. Now I need to work on a mount for tent poles.

I’ll stop now I’ve taken up enough of @Mr.Sparkle thread.

2 Likes

Yep, great fans. I have Noctua 120mm fans in my mother plant tent circulating the air. They move a lot of air and they are quiet. I also have a 200mm fan exhausting the air out. All running off one adapter.

4 Likes

What contraption have you made to mount them on the tent poles?

1 Like

Mine are from the industrial range but the standard Noctua range is still really good. I just hang them from the corners via 2 cables ties, that way it has some gap behind it to draw the air up from below. I have 2 fans in there in opposite corners to each other. I have to stick my head in the door of the tent to hear either of them or the 200mm exhaust one…

10 Likes

Thanks for the pic, do they get plenty of air flow down to the plants? I grw mostly autos so they don’t get so high.

3 Likes

Was waiting on these but @Gpaw and @invisible

Small little PWM signal generator $was about $4.50 cnd after shipping, seems to work as intended well there is a lower dead point depending on the fan where say below 30-40% duty on a corsair i have it wont go any slower and 15% on a noctua before it stops but yeah you just set your frequency and your duty cycle.

20 Likes

It is a mother plant tent so it is only about 2 feet high. I have found that mounting the fans like they are makes them blow air radiating outward from the center as it travels away from the fan. So it expands out nicely and moves air through the entire tent. There is no way there is stagnant air in there. All the leaves are constantly moving a little.

5 Likes

Instead of a PWM module you could also use a buck converter like LM2596 or Mini360. A buck converter will lower the output voltage instead of chopping it up. As a bonus it increases the available current too (if you need it).

2 Likes

So reason no update pics in the last week is well seeds have been super slow.

Almost 4 year old seeds they have been taking two+days just to crack their shells and when they do its been slow tap root growth if any growth. Out of the initial 18 seeds only 4 eventually broke ground, well make that 5 but one i accidentally ripped its head off trying to help it with its shell. So started some more seeds mid week, 6 of which had split there shell by this morning but no real tap root growth in comparison to newer seeds, but they got planted anyways so i dont expect anything for at least another 2-3 days.

So may just dunk all the seeds of the ones im using and just hope for the best, or run some of the new ones mind you probably going away again in 6 or so weeks but was planning on letting whatever grow while im gone and or may jsut go the pollen route with these but whether they continue on the deck or in cabinets on low it will be whatever seem reasonable when the time comes.

Anyways i’ll call it day one for the left hand side i guess…

19 Likes

Day 5/1

May have some crinkles on the left side, also hooked up the autowater’s for the right side today now that the plants are up, just two waterings a day at 3secs.

Also have 6 Poisoned Rose x Cookie Devil seeds im just waiting to break ground on the other side but no pictures as not really a point.

21 Likes

Also made up some combo seed packs to give away and already sent a few people some seeds, but you all following along here i’ll offer them up to those who want some.

Combo packs are as follows

pink/green are Poisoned Rose x Cookie Devil , and Cookie Devil H2’s

pink/yellow only made two of them but Poisoned Rose x Cookie Devil , and Ghost Rose x Cookie Devils

Purple/Yellow which i did to make a few more combo packs but used some Dark Spark Mix from awhile back as i still had some and Ghost Rose x Cookie Devils

One thing to note is the Ghost Rose x Cookie Devil’s used a GT2 x SBR from @ReikoX which frequently showed some lower node pollen sacs which are easily plucked, but the plant used here didn’t show any and being crossed to the Cookie Devil my hope was to eliminate that trait or reduce it to a point that it happened really infrequently, so just so you all know and to watch out for.

Also there will be the occasional dud or whatever in there but should be about 20-24+ seeds a pack.

If you want some just send me a PM with a https://privnote.com/ link for an addy to ship to as privnotes auto delete once you read them, making safer for all instead of being in server back logs :wink:

31 Likes

I would love to try some of those genetics.

I’ll shoot you a PM.

3 Likes

Oh the temptations of more seeds. I’m like Homer Simpson and cookies .
Thought I’d better include the link ; Strainaholics Anonymous meeting

8 Likes

49px3x
:rofl::+1:

17 Likes

@Mr.Sparkle I’ve still got some with your name on it if you’re still wanting them

7 Likes

it send you a pm

4 Likes

Whaaat. @Mr.Sparkle gear for when I startup this fall would be a fookin’ treat.

My entire fall grow will be OG. And some JOTI.

7 Likes

As always @Mr.Sparkle you truly are an
AMAZING guy !!!

5 Likes

I second that very generous and some great autos being cranked out.

4 Likes