Happy Man's:Jillybean-Fem Photo (closed)under Mars hydro Smart FC6500 Light

I only had one out of hundreds come out wrong. When they pulled the tissue and retested it was correct.

6 Likes

I got the results on the 3 Jillybean Regulars When you want females you get males

When You want seeds;

Sample # Result (EZ-XY Sex Test)
XY87906 F
XY87907 F
XY87908 F

All three are female!

:green_heart: :seedling:

22 Likes

Right on. Rock on!!! :sunglasses: :metal:

Do you have any more seeds to germinate or would you reverse one and make fem seeds?

2 Likes

I will have to try reversing one. Or if an experienced person helps, maybe trying one branch on each. I don’t know if that is a thing or if the hormones are affected for the whole plant.

9 Likes

From what I have read, here, most spray one plant. Which method are you considering?

I think the chemicals Sebring sent with it are STS.

3 Likes

I have done dipping single branches in colloidal silver successfully. I have not tried it with STS but would assume it works too. I’ll try to find where I wrote about it for you.

2 Likes

Okay so I tried dipping a single branch in STS once but my STS was not strong enough. It was the first time I used it. Then I tried with colloidal silver next round and it worked.

https://overgrow.com/t/allotments-awkward-adventures-and-amazing-alliterations/21108/530

However that was working with autoflowers. You could take clones and reverse them, would be less messy?

From a genetics point of view it might be more desirable to reverse one plant and pollinate the other two to have feminized seeds of different plants instead of selfing them.

6 Likes

I agree with the clone then STS methodology. More diversity in the offspring, though a lot of the seeds will be selfed seeds.

3 Likes

Nice work @G-paS
You are moving right along.
Good luck with this run. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Here’s one I’m doing now

I sprayed one branch with STS

And none of the rest are effected

This is my first time doing this, I just followed Sebring’s instructions on YouTube

16 Likes

Love that idea.

4 Likes

That’s what I’ve been doing. -I take two clones from “momma,” and flower her out normally. Then I reverse one of the clones and pollinate the other. The “designated-male gets tossed after he’s done his work, the other is the seed producer.

5 Likes

I would be taking clones from all three. Hold the “moms” and run them all.

14 Likes

Really looking forward to this!

2 Likes

If I can’t reverse them, I will have to give up on the run but, Sebring said they were a really good weed and needed preserving. He too would have done the name different. Jillybean Regular is very close to Jilly Bean. But like someone posted the are worked with the:

Which I read on her bio is were she got her start.

10 Likes

Damn, all females. Lol, we don’t say that often!
Yeah, I’d clone each one. Then reverse each clone and let the pollen fly. This would give the most genetic diversity in those feminized seeds.
:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

3 Likes

Thank You that was my thoughts also.

5 Likes

The ladies are putting down roots nicely,

I will be moving them into their 3 gal homes tomorrow.

36 Likes