Harvest and Curing

Hello all.

So I’ve this nice auto NL in a grow tent that is about 1 week away from cutting. I will be going away in two weeks. I’m aware that the drying prior to jarring may take up to a week or a little more (I will be drying in a closet that measures 70-72 degrees and 43-45 RH). Now my concern. Assuming buds are dried sufficiently around 7-9 days and ready to jar, I will not be in town to jar until around the 12 day mark. Comments/advice?

Thanks in advance and Iko!

1 Like

Get some boveda packs for those jars

1 Like

I don’t see the problem - you harvest in 1 week, dry for 1 week, then jar them and leave town. they should be ready for jars in 5-7 days after harvest

1 Like

There is likely the need to open the jars once or more times each day to deal with potential moisture issues.

1 Like

if the stems are dry enough to snap there should be no problem leaving them in jars for a while IMO.

5 Likes

then trim the whole plant together and hang it whole…

there’s 12 days of a good slow dry in a tent or closet in the whole stalk/branches

2 Likes

Which size (gram) for each quart jar? Also, I’m assuming the 62s

I use 62s in five gallon buckets with gamma lids

Well I’m going to be using quart jars and would like advice on the size of the 62 pack (i.e 4 gram, 8 gram etc) that is best for a quart jar maybe about 3/4 full.

The more the merrier and more effective, but boveda also has recommended container sizes.

Better to let it hang for a month , than to jar it early. imo
I don’t seal anything until it’s dry enough to snap when bent.
Sealing it up too early is why a lot of people’s stash smells like hay.

8 Likes

What @scissor-Hanz said… mine take 2 weeks ,whole plant hung, to dry aND then go in jars… I’ve even
left pop corn on stems for months and when I found it it was not over dry at all…

1 Like

Thanks for all the advice everyone

Perhaps cut now a week early and avoid any potential problems down the road. That allows you a week of burping if needed.

Jarring too early can cause hay smell and mold, but drying too long can lose some of the more sensitive and volatile terpenes. Drying and curing is arguably almost as important as careful growing and can definitely be more delicate. It’s a shame to put all that effort into a good grow only to waste it in the final hour.

3 Likes