Holy's Garden (Part 1)

Well that’s good. Gives me hopes for these F2’s and Orange Goji’s…
Hopefully one or both can chime in when they get a chance…

I barely stressed these girls at all, only topped em and that was it :confused:

3 Likes

looking about at just seedfinders I find about 7 breeders used the Goji OG and a good dozen used the Nepali OG. I dunno about these beans or the nanners or those f1’s someone is saying things about…I find it hard to believe that either barefrog or 50states would further genetics that were questionable at all though.

5 Likes

Right that’s my thought too. I’m just done with these for the moment. I’ll have to circle back around and try the F2’s sometime later…

I need a bud run so will finish out this NL girl, she should only have another 30 days or so left to go. I got one of Sebrings MWCB with a taproot and popping out of the root riot now. Likely going to pop a Wedding Cake fem and a GMO fem I got too. Then will start a new thread for the Purple NL2’s since I can’t find a single grow report on them.

6 Likes

Hola Gang

I have not found any hermie
I am at F3 with the Goji and
they are still solid.

I whent with the pole pheno
pinesol

Bare

8 Likes

Thank you sir! I have some F2’s you sent me so I’ll get to them next :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for voting everyone! Purple NL#2 it is!

Let’s pop half the pack and see what happens.

13 Likes

I’ve grown Goji twice, from two different packs, and never had a problem. Also did quite a bit of research on them (as I do on every strain I grow or am even interested in growing) and don’t recall reading about anybody having an issue. Where’d you get the seeds from? Are you positive they’re legit Goji beans?

Anyway, sweet that you’re popping those Purple NL2’s. You’ll be like two weeks behind me.

5 Likes

I will say that I’ve found eight seeds in the Time Bandit nugs I harvested last run, from last summer’s grow. I had two Gojis in there, as well. I figured one of the Time Bandits maybe selfed or something, but I guess it’s possible there were some balls on one of the Gojis. I feel like I would’ve noticed, but maybe I didn’t. I was pretty fucking drunk for a majority of last summer.

5 Likes

I’m positive they’re goji’s F3’s. Honestly if I hadn’t have looked at them as close as I did I would’ve glanced right over it, especially on the girls that showed sex first. The #2 was real easy to spot as it was a little lankier girl and took almost a week longer to show sex, when it did, it had a small cluster of balls growing out of the side of a new flower node(this was weird by itself), on the 3rd or 4th node from the main stem of the plant. The other two had one or two balls kind of intertwined with a calyx instead of that more open looking male structure, at the same spot on the plant that the #2 did. Kinda just looked like a mutated calyx or something, definitely not normal, but not straight male or anything either, until I got real close, and then split it open. This was the only spot on all 3 plants that had this. Both side of this one spot on the main stem(s). No other branches or anywhere else.

I read reports today on
BB
from awhile ago where a few people mentioned they had nanners and such.

I still have clones of the goji’s for now, I could try again, but 3 for 3 from seed are all doing it.

7 Likes

Wait, these are Goji f3’s you’re growing? Okay, I didn’t realize that. Are they from Bodhi? Sorry if you’ve gone over all of this already haha. I’m following so many friggin’ threads right now, hard to keep them all straight.

2 Likes

No not directly from bodhi. I got em from someone that I believe grew out an f1 pack, and these f3s are testers.

4 Likes

Purple NL2’s got a 12 Hour soak and then into root riots this morning for sprouting. Hopefully we’ll have some up here in a couple days.

MWCB is up with half the shell off, maybe have a seedling by tonight. Got her planted in a solo cup this morning.

8 Likes

Are you posting those nl2’s anywhere yet? Would love to get a peak at what I’m in for :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Not yet. They went into the dirt on December 1 (I don’t soak or anything, just plant ‘em right in there), so there’s really not much to see right now. They did sprout quickly, though. All four were above ground in less than 72 hours. They look good and healthy. I’ve gotten into the habit of taking veg pics but not actually starting the grow log until I’ve flipped, at which point I’ll post the veg pics along with early flower pics. But maybe I’ll start that log a little early, like when I transplant into their half-gallon containers. I just hate it when my grow logs drag on and on haha!

3 Likes

Gotcha, no worries ^^

I’ll log everything… somewhere… Was planning on starting a new thread just for them, so it’ll be easy for others to find out info. Would be down for a joint one tho too, like the Purple Unicorn thread that’s used by both schmarmpit and Grohio. It’s whatever really :wink:

I’m hoping it’ll be some nice evening/nighttime meds with the blackbery widow/chem to nl2 combo, will definitely be making seeds with at some point, provided no herms on these :eyes:

4 Likes

Yeah, when I start mine, you’re welcome to post your pics and thoughts, too. I’m not real possessive of my grow logs haha.

I expect it to be pretty mellow/sleepy/relaxing etc. I just bought three packs of Doc D’s Bandaid Haze ix, thinking a Purple NL2/Bandaid Haze cross might yield something interesting. Never made seeds before, but I’m going to pretty soon here. With something. Might as well be the Purple NL2.

4 Likes

Here’s the NL5HSS #5, second round, hopefully not pollinated :pray:
This is 46 days, should still have another ~30 days to go.

And more of the FLC reveg :heart_eyes:

18 Likes

Same here, everyone’s welcome to post whatever in mine too ^^

Nice on the bandaid haze pickup! I’ve really been debating picking some of those up. I’m only wary of the smells with it :rofl: but I know it’s great stuff. Crossing those two should be real nice!

After this first time making seeds, I’m kinda hooked on it now. So easy to get a ton of seeds. Definitely gives a new perspective on seed cost’s :joy: but I will say… shucking, cleaning and packaging seeds isn’t much fun at all and took quite a bit longer than I thought it would. Gained a lot of respect for the people doing seed-runs and distribution. Lot of work involved you wouldn’t think about. It is nice sending em out though and knowing others might get to enjoy them too, especially since they’re free, san’s maybe shipping costs :wink:

8 Likes

What do you mean? Is it supposed to smell gnarly or something?

Yeah, that’s one reason why I need to start making some. Seems kinda anti-the spirit of overgrow to be on this site but not spreading genetics around. Plus, one of the main reasons I started growing in the first place (besides the fact that growing your own weed is super-fun and satisfying) was to make my own crosses. Been over five years now, still haven’t made any of my own crosses haha!

4 Likes

No not bad, just not something I want at the moment. To quote vernal on the smell of the bandaid haze

Smell is curry spices, funeral home, old lady soap, floral, perfume, musty, old books.

If you haven’t seen his thread on them I’d definitely check that out.

But yes, definitely wanna find what works best for me medicine-wise and work a couple lines out. With some side projects too of course, can’t stay away :joy:

6 Likes