Holy's Garden (Part 1)

after reading a thread here about F1s I am confused with you :slight_smile:

but that is what I have read also use the same plant it is a S1

reverse another plant and use it’s pollen it is a F1

a side note do all plants reverse? some do some don’t?

when you use the sliver are you stressing them with a chemical?

I need to read more but that will be a start of my learning

thank you

Dequilo

2 Likes

Yeah it all depends what you’re doing. My understanding is this

F# = Filial Crosses, brother to sister, sister to sister(STS), etc.
S# = Selfed, no crossing of another plant.

So even if it comes to fem’s, the Franco’s Lemon Cheese = a girl SLH x a reversed Exodus Cheese to get fem F1’s of Franco’s Lemon Cheese. If I take two Franco’s Lemon Cheese girls and reverse one of them to hit my first one, I’m pretty sure I’d be making Fem F2’s and still no S# comes into the mix.

Now if I reverse my one FLC and self it then for sure I’d have S1’s but I think that would give me worse offspring than if I reversed her sister instead :thinking:

7 Likes

this why I need to read I was thinking the STS is the sliver you all use

my bad and now I get the sister to sister

I left the boards for a bit and lowryder was just starting and feminized

seeds

need to get back up to speed on some of this

thanks for the reply

Dequilo

3 Likes

Well… STS is the silver we use to reverse them :rofl: Silver ThioSulfate
but yeah sister to sister still wouldn’t be a S cross, it’d be a femed F cross imo.

S# is only for selfing the same plant.

4 Likes

duh :slight_smile:

so does the sliver reverse the plant thru stress? chemical stress?

thanks

Dequilo

1 Like

The silver absorbs through the stem and blocks the hormone Ethylene that makes the plant produce female flowers. Without Ethylene the plant will produce male flowers. Could be stressful but really shouldn’t. Just an added chemical to block the flow of that one hormone.

5 Likes

@dequilo. If you are interested Sebring offers a STS kit for under $10. Comes with detailed instructions on how to mix and how long it is good for.

5 Likes

so do all the plants you spray reverse? or some but not all?

thanks for helping I cannot said that enough

Dequilo

2 Likes

With the STS, My understanding is ALL plants should reverse pretty quickly. Should only take 1 or 2 sprays or so. The issues in the past were with using CS, Colloidal Silver, which doesn’t absorb as well and takes many sprays and you STILL may not get any male flowers.

3 Likes

not as of yet I am trying to understand it

I am old when I make beans I just use the male I get with the fifty/fifty

break you get with regular beans

thanks and be safe

Dequilo

1 Like

I do recall reading that

you have to be careful with the STS as you will absorb it also?

thanks for some insight

@joker not now I will be working on cloning Autos over

the next outside season here

or better yet how about we clone auto/feminized plants :wink:

be safe

Dequilo

1 Like

Right now I am not thinking about making seeds at all. But the price was great and is a 2 part dry powder that can be stored long term. That way IF I ever decide I want to reverse a plant I have it.

3 Likes

great point I will keep that in mind :slight_smile:

dequilo

1 Like

@HolyAngel I more quick question and I will move to

my thread as this is your grow thresd :slight_smile:

you can do a feminized out cross? two unrelated plants?

thank you

Dequilo

2 Likes

Yep you sure can, that’s what the FLC is. Two unrelated girls, just reverse one and take the pollen from it and hit the other and bam, fem F1 seeds of a cross from two girls ^^

4 Likes

Well… we may get some Goji Lights after all, feminized, but I won’t know for sure for a few more weeks.

Was messing with that weird growth on the #1 Goji Girl inside the tent and split open one of what I thought was a ball and sure enough, got pollen all over my fingers… with the fan on in the tent :man_facepalming:

Soooo my veg tent is empty now. Moved my FLC under my clone light with the other’s and she’s looking great, like 5 tops coming in :heart_eyes:

I do technically still have Goji 4-7 in the cloner, but going 3 for 3 on girls going hermie… I’m just gonna toss em. I still have F2’s from Barefrog I can run, but these have discouraged me from trying so yeah. Will go with the poll winner and maybe come back to goji’s later :confused:

8 Likes

Yeah looks like I should’ve done some more research. Just found this quote over on BB from running a pack of F1 Goji’s…

“Did find a few viable nanners on one plant. Dropped some pollen looks like. But I did grow these out on a cold concrete floor, in tiny ass pots. So I cant say for sure about the nanners. But wanted a heads up either way.”

So looks like it’s not just me, it’s in the line itself from the get go. Sadness.

6 Likes

I find that difficult to believe since Bodhi has several lines out with the Goji in it…though I have not checked to see if they are all descendants of the same f1 or line.

Editing to add- Certain that could only be from the Nepali OG side since he uses the Snow Lotus on a lot of crosses

5 Likes

Right I’m not sure… Now that I’ve been looking around more, I’ve found at least 5 other people that have grown the Goji’s and said they found random nanners or balls in them.

Ya know I always wondered with the real feminine and frosty Goji males… and looking further, that despite all the hype this strain gets, almost no other breeders use it at all. There’s like two or three Goji crosses from other big breeders and that’s it. You’d think with bodhi’s description of it, everyone and their mom would’ve grabbed it to use, but almost no one did. Why is that…

I really liked the girl I had, but man… I don’t wanna put my name on that… I don’t even wanna risk seeding my own stuff with it, much less others crops with it if I made f4’s.

I take it you haven’t ever found any in the SL BX or whatever?
What about @Barefrog or @50State, did you guys have any nanners or balls or weird ass node on node growth’s on your goji’s?

8 Likes

No. And I am at f2 with a mom and plans to bx her soon. None of the 4 girls that I am harvesting atm had a nanner. What’s more they were stressed as hell I am sure. :slight_smile:

no idea but hoping they reply.

Good point. I think there is another cross called a Goji that uses a different strain than the Nepali OG.

2 Likes