Holy's Garden (Part 1)

Totally man. I was telling someone just today that whenever I get seeds in the mail, it puts a smile on my face. One day when I sent out a handful of envelopes, I realized I was sending out a handful of smiles. It felt like it could get addictive. Lol

I plan to try to hit some lowers of the ppp I have running. I don’t really have the greatest facilities for this at the moment, but I’m sure with some guidance I can make a few seeds. I’m looking forward to giving it a shot.

7 Likes

You don’t want funeral home? Come on!?!? :rofl:

3 Likes

:rofl: none sound appealing really… hate to say it but I like the fruity, citrusy, hashy, sweet skunk or chem stuff right now. But the floral stuff has really been getting to me lately :confused:

3 Likes

With 30 days left, those are going to be some fat colas!!

4 Likes

I hope so! She went 80 days the first time fully seeded and probably could’ve gone longer. She definitely wasn’t filled out then so hoping she does this time and we can really see what she can do.

4 Likes

I’ve heard of much worse really, but yeah, I agree.

I’ve been trying to figure out what to go with next. Orange and Skunk both are sounding great though.

4 Likes

Yeah, I came across that thread this weekend, it’s what made me pull the trigger on those seeds. I don’t even remember what I was initially researching, but I fell down the Google rabbit hole and ended up at Bandaid Haze haha!! The way vernal described it isn’t necessarily my favorite kinda smells, but it’s what I’d expect, given the genetics. And I’m almost seven weeks into flowering some OG and Sour Diesel crosses (and one Moonshine Haze) with some Stardawg f2s and Hell’s OG crosses vegging at the moment (along with those Purple NL2’s and another Haze cross). I figure by the time I finish the Bandaid Hazes, in October (:wink:), I’ll be ready for some different flavors. And effects.

3 Likes

Those are some cool looking jobs right there. That green headband is a pretty plant man. You smashed that one for sure. :grin::+1:

1 Like

When you get a little too close snipping the seed shell in half

Maui Wowie Cherry Bomb is alive!

All 6 of the PNL2’s have popped, think 3 are up but all still have helmets. Should have seedlings here in another day or two ^^

12 Likes

Hate posting these starter pics :joy: but I came home and got 4 of the 6 PNL2’s up and shells off.

Clipped off half a cotyledon on one of them just by pulling away the membrane :thinking: but these didn’t really need, nor did they receive, any help, so that’s nice. The other two should be up by tomorrow morning I’d bet, they’re already trying to come out of their shells.

11 Likes

And everybody’s up!

Order is back to front, left to right, PNL2 #6/5/4/MWCB, #3/2/1
Gotta love seedling stage, right? :joy: These are pretty vigorous so hopefully I can keep em going without missing a beat.

Went back to the original non-amended mix. I think I did 1:1:1 ratio of peat:perlite:ewc: on the Goji’s, instead of the 5:3:2 ratio the original mix called for, and wonder if that made em grow slower. So yeah, back to the original mix, those 3 plus some dolomite lime. I also added some greensand, I know this takes forever to break down but since I reuse the soil too, figured can’t hurt.

Hopefully 1-2 weeks from now will be up-potting to 1gals, then clones a week or two after that, and flower a week or two after that.

Not sure if I’ll do seed run immediately or come back to it but we’ll get seeds one way or the other.

11 Likes

Man, for on paper a 4x4 only being 1 foot bigger than a 3x3 in 2 dimensions, it takes up a lot more room!

There’s so much more room for activities! :rofl: least now I won’t have plants crammed against the wall when I wanna flower more than 1. Tho I’ll need to get some angle iron or something to separate my lights a bit more :thinking:

13 Likes

I’ve read some people say that about rock dusts as well. In that case, it should be a nice slow release.

Its funny how a bunch of people still use it, and a bunch say it takes too long to break down. Personally, I use it. Maybe that is why reused soil keeps getting better. It couldn’t hurt, right?

3 Likes

Right, I don’t see a harm in using it. It’s got a ton of beneficial stuff in there so if it breaks down at all in the first go it’s worth that alone, but worst case, your second go around will still be good too ^^

4 Likes

Well it helps that the area is squared. 3²=9 while 4²=16. Close to twice the square footage. Imagine a 5x5 :grin:

8 Likes

Need to double check my own seed stock but, I finished vialing the seeds from the NL5HSS #4.
Got 72 x 12-seed packs or 864 seeds, assuming I already put away some for myself :thinking:

So I should have these going to sebring soon:
55 packs of FLC
66 packs of NL5HSS #4
96 packs of NL5HSS #5
Just need to make like 217 labels :rofl: :sob:

20 Likes

Here’s some day 51 shots of the NL5HSS #5

Still waiting on first real node for the seedlings, maybe another couple days and I’ll have something to show there.

13 Likes

Fun times. Just ordered an HLG-600H-54A driver for the 4 QB288 R-Spec boards I’ve been running in the 3x3… now 4x4. Been running them off an HLG-320H-54A for the last year or so and they’ve done well with that but yeah, 4x4 is almost double the square feet of a 3x3 so they need more.

I also picked up two more Slate 2 heatsinks from HLG so I can get rid of the plywood “heatsink” I’m using for two of the boards right now. Next will need to repurpose some Server Rail kit’s to use as a frame.

I debated picking up some EB Gen 3’s or a couple Samsung F-Strips but HLG stands firm that 4 rspec boards with a 600h driver will flower a 5x5, so that’s what I’m going with. I’m going to try and space the boards about a foot apart in each direction so each 2x2 area basically gets it’s own board.

Should be good :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

In other news, got my 2x2 flood table drilled out and picked up a cubic foot of Hydroton. Think I’m going to repurpose a 17gal HDX tote to use as a reservoir… just trying to decide if I want to run it outside of the tent or not :thinking: Plan is to flower some Maui Wowie’s in there :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: Unsure if I’ll run it in the 4x4 or try and setup the 3x3 elsewhere to run it, but I’ll get it figured out at some point ^^

12 Likes

PNL2, MWCB coming along.

Think it’d go faster if I had it a bit warmer in here, but they look good.

In other news, I ended up combining the #4/#5 vials, labeled separately into a single pack of NL5HSS F2’s, 24 beans. I made 16 labels last night and… just no. 217 labels will be a solid day of work. So I cut it by more than half, I’ll hold onto the extra #5 packs. Figure this way people can choose the F2’s and the FLC BX if they want without losing out, since sebring tends to limit orders to 2 strains per person. Less packs overall but more seeds. Going to try and finish labeling the FLC and get everything sent out to sebring on Friday… may get pushed to Monday but we’ll see.

#5 girl is just stacking at this point, not much changed otherwise.

12 Likes

Got all the FLC packaged up yesterday after work, was able to leave a bit early thankfully.

Sorry for any blurry pics…
NL5HSS #5 Day 55

16 Likes