Holy's Garden (Part 1)

:partying_face: :partying_face: Glad you guys are signing off on this dude too! I’m not 100% sold yet but he was the best I’ve found so far out of ~30 beans and so far so good. Still gotta check his resin profile and make sure he’s stable but he’s got everything else I look for sans the thinner bladed leaves. :crossed_fingers:
Lookin forward to your update on those MM’s!

Ah that’s a good idea lol. I never got into the DLC for it. I ended up gifting my switch with BotW to my little brother last christmas as I got tired of the mechanics :sweat_smile:

Man you got some rare af SSDD stuff :eyes: I’ve not even heard of the strawberry/raspberry/black sunshine lines! I honestly didn’t even know Bodhi existed until I joined back up here in 2019 :sweat: but I dived right in once I found out! I also had to stop growing for almost 20 years there or I likely would’ve been there from the start. The only SSDD F1’s I have are:

Chem91 skva x SSDD
Kush4 x SSDD
Guava Sunshine (Stardawg Guava x SSDD)
Mendo Sunshine (Mendo Purps x SSDD)
Silver Sunshine (SSH x SSDD)
And then I have F2’s of the Blue Sunshine/Elfsnacks/Orange Sunshine/Sunshine#4.

I haven’t actually looked at any of the crosses with Bodhi’s SSDD male yet nor those F2’s. I’ve grown out 3 packs of the SSDD F1’s from Bodhi, and around 50 of Sebring’s F2s that he made in 2018. Everything I’ve seen and heard says that SSDD male bodhi used in the crosses is pretty dominant like @syzygy is saying. Think he leans more towards the relaxing/dreamy side of the line than my own keeper girl does too. I’m betting this new male I found is going to be similar to bodhi’s male in effects with these fat bladed leaves. My keeper girl is a bit more on the functional appy side of the high, least when picked around day 60. Day 80ish and she’s lazy af weed too :joy:

Apollo11 work sounds fantastic and definitely needed! I haven’t looked at that nor the blackberry lotus, tho I’ve had blackberry kush quite a bit in the past. Best of luck on getting those going and finished out!

24 Likes

There were actually 2 different SSDD males he used. The first one was used in Orange Sunshine, Elf Snack, Sunshine 3 & 4, and maybe only a couple others before it was lost in a heat wave. All the rest use a different male selection. He searched for like 3-4 years before finding that 2nd male.

17 Likes

Moar TriForce #1 random lower

Getting like a citrus…diesel/gas…acetone type smells off this flower. Absolutely caked. No raciness/paranoia whatsoever. Just high af! Seems some slight amount of pain relief in there for sure :thinking: nothing like the SSDD tho!

I really feel like this TriForce name is fitting. All these flowers came out absolutely top shelf but… it’s like they all have just a piece or section of the Triangle Kush. None of them have the whole high/smell/flavor in one package. Would have to put two or three flowers together in one bowl or joint or something to get the whole effect of the Triangle Kush :sweat_smile: Still some fantastic stuff though! Just means I’m going to have to do more work if I want that TK high in a seedline :thinking: Not breeding true at all…

49 Likes

oh, what!? That’s the first I’ve heard of this! So the dominant male is the latter one then? I don’t remember anyone saying anything like that on those first few lines you mentioned… Only the later one’s like the K4 and whatnot.

That I could definitely believe after looking through those F1 packs. Bubbashine has such a small rate of show the chances of pulling out a male with all the traits is fucking slim. It’s why I gave up on looking through the F1’s to remake an F2 line like my keeper or IX with her. Not enough packs to look through. Sebring got lucky on that first run imo lol.

14 Likes

That’s good to know if true as that’s the first I’m hearing of it too. Knowing how Bodhi likes to move on to new things, if he searched for years for a 2nd male after losing the first, then he must really have found some good shit in SSDD. Cause any other time he loses a male, that’s it, he moves on to other work.

9 Likes

Yea I learned this a couple weeks ago from Shoe at Headie Gardens

18 Likes

I’d say that’s a pretty reliable source!

5 Likes

Awesome info, thanks for posting that! Assume all of my SSDD crosses are using the new male but wonder about the Triple Sunshine.

GG4 X SSDD (GG4 X SSDD)
Field Trip (GSC X SSDD)
Baba Kush (Bubba x SSDD)
Waking Dream (Wifi X SSDD) x2
Chem 91 SVA x SSDD (Chem 91 SVA x SSDD)
Kush 4 x SSDD (Kush 4 x SSDD)
Sunshine Queen (3 Kings OG x SSDD)
Triple Sunshine (TK x SSDD)

Gonna search around and see if there’s any info in the old tester lists.

Edit found the answer :

That Triforce looks ridiculously good too …

14 Likes

That’s very interesting, wonder what he searched through to find that guy? I need one, lol!

8 Likes

NorthStar #4 and TriForce #4 coming down tonight. They’re close enough. Amber’s throughout, trichome’s starting to degrade on the NorthStar. I get that progrow640 today and the plants in the veg tent are ready for flower. Gonna chop and clean out. Hopefully get flower up and running again by this weekend as i’m still feeling a lil run down from a sinus infection I’m getting over.

NorthStar #4 - Day 73

SO. MUCH. PURPLE…

TriForce #4 - Day 71

47 Likes

Wow, Congratulations on these Prizes

5 Likes

That Northstar! She is soooo dark! Really makes the orange hair pop. Wish OG would invest in smellovision…aren’t we there yet?! Looks like a great harvest dude!

9 Likes

Hey H.A. could you show me how you hook up the plant yoyo’s on the ceiling of tent. I’ve got some coming tomorrow. If you get a chance, if not no worries I’m sure i can figure it out. Thanks!!!

3 Likes

That’s usually what I do. Side bars and the cross bars you’d hang the lights and stuff from. Sometimes might put a net up at the very top of the tent and hang the yoyo’s off that if I know I’ll need a lot but that’s usually not needed.

18 Likes

Holy moly that’s a beautiful dark plant! :star_struck: what you got for scents on these and the TriForce 4?

14 Likes

She’s a fruity, musky, incense scent :drooling_face:

The Triforce are all portions of the TK scents. TK is so deep they each have a piece of her. Will get full write ups for those once they’re actually dry.

14 Likes

Awesome thanks much. Trying to emulate your grow style… not having the same success yet, ill get there eventually damnt :laughing:

5 Likes

Are you using the gypsum and maxibloom? That’s made the most difference for me. I tried doing the jacks thing again and I just can’t.

8 Likes

No, I’ve been doing dry ammends & fox farm soil. Think I’m gonna switch to your method though. Keep running into problems.

4 Likes

Maxibloom beats Jacks? You have my attention… Never was big into general hydroponics or miracle gro but I’ve heard a lot of old cats talk up the Lucas method with Maxibloom. What all you use just maxibloom and gypsom?

6 Likes