Holy's Garden (Part 1)

I have used Johnny’s one and done and I can say it works. Had to use it 3-4 times but each time the pop of thrips went down until there was none.

More then one way to skin a cat though. all the ingredients for Johnny’s were around 100$ but it does make quite a bit.

8 Likes

yeah that was my understanding with it. not quite ‘one and done’ :wink:
I figure i’ll try this tea tree stuff since its cheap af and I only need to get the tea tree castile soap and if that doesn’t do it quick enough then i’ll splurge for the polysorbate and citric acid and stuff for the one-and-done spray.

16 Likes

The no pest strips will definitely fail. That’s when I decided they were useless I had so much dichlorvos in the air the spider mites were thriving but the plants were dying.

8 Likes

Well I’m done for now. Flower tent closed for the next month or two.

The younger(67 days) of the two TK I had in flower ALSO had spider mites :see_no_evil: Didn’t see any seeds in there while I briefly checked before I bagged her up. Went ahead and chopped the other, better looking one(imagine that, no bugs on it) that was at 75 days as I don’t want to risk it. Got the tent sprayed down and already been going at the room so hopefully that last plant stays good. No saving the other one.

Now to focus on vegging these JOTI NL’s and ensuring everything I have is 100% clean! May make a new thread later, idk.

28 Likes

please tag me if you remember if not i will find you… tries to think of creepy joke

6 Likes

Dude! Very sorry for your losses! Bugs suck! I used Capt Jacks Dead Bug brew for thrips and Nube’s IPM spray for spider mites. When bugs are present I spray every other day, rotating between the two, until I don’t see any bugs for weeks. Here’s the link: Bodhi Testers Summer 2020 - Passionfruit Hasplant (Lush X 88G13/HP) - #57 by nube

10 Likes

Thanks bro!

I do have the captain jacks and I struggled with it on thrips. This is just spider mites at least… I’ve been using Azamax and that kills basically everything in like two sprays but there’s a slim chance of it having pyrethrin’s in it and that’s why it works so well.

Means I need to take clones of clones in order to flower or could be smoking that stuff :pensive:

Whole spring plans this year went to shit. All the plants I hit with reversed TK pollen are dead now and in the compost save for my lone SSDD girl I’m still trying to reveg… Unsure if she’s even making seeds but she got the best looking pollen to do it with… Least got the best looking TK to smoke on soon so I’m thankful for that.

If I do start a new thread i’ll be sure to tag ya @204medismoke :wink:
And everyone else who has commented here regularly :slight_smile:

25 Likes

oh man thatś really hard ! i can feel your pain!

please tag me too!!! i don´t want to miss that out!

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your bug issue. It’s so stressful :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Well, that fucking blows. Have we established that the spider mites for sure came from the BAH clones? It couldn’t have anything to do with the power outage, right? Or maybe some combination of the two? Like, the fact that you couldn’t get in there for five days and the plants got a little unhealthy maybe kind of exacerbated the problem?

In any event, yeah, that sucks, sorry to hear it.

I’m not even sure I’d do that, probably just trash everything and start over. But I do tend to freak-the-fuck-out over even the slightest possibility of bugs or any sorta plant-related problem at all. Seems easier (to me, anyway) to get rid of everything and not even risk having the issue linger for months.

I will say, though, that my “No clones in my garden!” stance has just been reinforced by, like, 100 haha.

12 Likes

I know they came in with the bandaid clones. I got those clones cleaned up just fine, but the spider mites can apparently jump and jump pretty far at that. The power outage did definitely exacerbate the problem and helped with their escape onto a couple of my mom’s. I didn’t notice and pulled some plants and clones from there and moved them into flower :see_no_evil: that’s basically how it all went down. My fault for having quarantine in the same room even if in a closed environment.

My veg tent looks good so far. I’ve been pulling plants out and checking at least twice a day. No way I’m trashing everything. The azamax will do it I just wanna limit the amount of foliage I’m dealing with. And transition off azamax to that soap spray. Anything heavily infested did get tossed. I might lose my NorthStar #4 cut permanently because of it. Got one clone left of her and it’s not looking too great and idk if it’s rooted yet or not. I still got a couple packs left to look through though so it’s not the end of the world there. The ssdd I can get back if I absolutely need to but I’m trying to do everything I can to not have to do that.

I supplemented some of the gypsum with calcium nitrate to try and beef up the vegging plants and clones while going through this since they’re on maxibloom too.

17 Likes

What a shitty deal. I very rarely bring in outside clones and if I do I beat them to within an inch of their life to make sure they’re clean.

I’ve also got what I call “decontamination protocol” for when we’ve been anywhere suspect which means clothes off straight into the machine and then shower.

Places like, my sisters, where she’s got citrus plants and they are all infested. I don’t mean “oh look a little leaf damage” I mean the whole plant looks like a cotton ball.

I don’t like going there, at all. It gets my gander up.

This probably doesn’t help you but it’s a silly thing I do. Mrs Foreigner thinks I’m weird but she complies.

12 Likes

Oh yeah bro I’m the same way. Never go outside and then into my grow room without a shower and change of clothes. Previous clothes nowhere near my new clothes and shower.

I knew the clones were coming with mites so it was entirely my fault, with some help from random events.

14 Likes

It’s just easier to say “decontamination protocol” than it is to say take your clothes off and put them in the machine and jump in the shower right away and scrub yourself with Ajax and steel wool.” :joy:

9 Likes

Lol right, for sure. Temperatures are just now starting to hit 90F/32C outside here so this is actually kind of perfect timing to shut down for the summer. Gonna say it’s reality telling me to take a break and clean everything up. Apply some knowledge and refresh all my keepers. Learning experience for sure!

15 Likes

Enjoy the short break, and best of luck keeping all your important cuts going!
I just wanted to add that sulfur spray works pretty darned good against mites, amongst other things.

11 Likes

hi there H.A. That was a great interview brother

Ty for your knowledge

Paps

10 Likes

From now on, anytime I read @HolyAngel’s posts I’m going to hear it in his voice lol

12 Likes

Thank you much bro I’m glad you enjoyed it!

@VAhomegrown I hate hearing my own voice :sweat_smile: feel quite :sheep:ish tbh :joy: but I had a great time recording it. @MCR0161 is a cool dude and a great host! If and when we record another it should be a little more comfortable and a bit more in-depth :wink:

15 Likes

You carried it really well bro honestly. I said I was trying not to be the host kinda thing but more of a medium. But I think I need to do a little bit more next time around. I love hearing peoples feedback though cos i know we can make it better now couldn’t have asked for a better first guest :100:

8 Likes