Bodhi Testers Summer 2020 - Passionfruit Hasplant (Lush X 88G13/HP)

Looking great in there. The tall one has an interesting vibe. Looks like she’ll be a lil foxy in the long run! The back right has a lot of the HP influence, with obvious HP leaves. Hope you’re making F2! :pleading_face:

Stay up on IPM against those thrips in your whole grow or they’ll wreck you, veg and flower. The spinosad and good cleaning of everything should keep them at bay, but you’ll have to keep up on the IPM since you want to eradicate and not just beat them back. A good friend let his guard down against thrips after beating them back initially with spinosad. They eventually exploded and made him do a full reset.

9 Likes

Thanks for the advice. My rooms are typically very clean and I rarely have pest issues. This year I foolishly used some pots from outside plants without deep cleaning them, and there they were crawling around one day. I will definitely be keeping up on them.

I only grow veggies outside, and have never had the pleasure of growing cannabis in it’s natural element. But I give mad props to all those who do so and manage to keep a clean, bug free plant. Just seems like such a daunting task to me. Indoors just seems so much more easy to manage as far as dust/pests/mold,etc.

8 Likes

Sounds like you got it squarely handled but I figured I’d ask: you sure they’re thrips? I do see a few spots on your leaves but it’s too low res for me to 100% ID. I’ve found they’re pretty easy if you’re a clean freak. :stuck_out_tongue:

Pests come in a lot from my outdoor garden too. It’s pretty hard to avoid them getting in houseplants and the indoor garden too, especially reusing soil. I just try to keep up on the IPM religiously every week until the 2nd week of flower, seems to handle most of them including spider mites and aphids that cover everything outdoors here in CO.

What do you use for regular IPM?

5 Likes

Oh jeez, I thought you might ask that directly. Haha, no I have no IPM plan. I had to research what it even was. My basic routine is to vacuum and wipe down the tents after each run. I’ve never needed to do much more than that. I’ve dealt with spider mites once but that was a different location over 10 years ago. Sub standard environment.

After researching, I’m positive it’s thrips. Silver streaking on the leaves, frass speckles, and the Itty bitty larvae crawling around on the leaves. They were pretty much localized on the front left plant, mostly on the fan leaves touching the tent wall surfaces. I maybe saw one flying but maybe not. I’m in there all the time so I’m pretty on the ball when I see it.

5 Likes

Those are beauties, what an interesting looking strain. Weed that smells like cool ranch Doritos is pretty much every stoners dream haha

7 Likes

Cool man, hope they’re gone gone ASAP. Might want to put up a few sticky traps, too. And get a regular IPM routine. Or not. :slight_smile:

Here’s the homemade IPM recipe I use weekly on inside and outside gardens, in case you care. Has worked for spider mites & aphids so far. I use it through the 2nd week of flower (until pom pom budlets are forming):

Organic IPM spray (per 16oz) See bottom notes if you have russets.

16oz sprayer bottle
1/2 teaspoon organic horticultural neem oil
1/4 teaspoon organic rosemary oil
1/4 teaspoon organic peppermint oil
1/4 teaspoon organic rose oil or lavender oil (optional)
1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder (optional, only use if super finely ground or it’ll clog your sprayer)
1 teaspoon Dr. Bronner’s peppermint castille soap (must be castille soap)

Add all ingredients to the empty bottle. Fill halfway to the top of the spray with water, then screw nozzle on and shake well to mix. Fill the rest of the way with water, shake again, and use.

Spray the whole plant, top to bottom, under leaves, until it’s dripping. Spray the top of the soil, too, although this will impact beneficials as well.

You can spray this thru the first week of flower, but not after you see females crown or “pom pom.”

Shake well every few sprays to make sure it stays emulsified.

Don’t let it run out or the last few sprays will be so much oil they’ll burn your plants.

Refill with the same recipe when you get down to the last few mm of spray.

Adjust the recipe to fit your size sprayer. 1 liter is approximately double this recipe.

NOTE You can add wettable sulfur and cinnamon oil to this mix in their recommended solutions if you have broadmites (russets), but that will kill the beneficials soil mites, fungal colony in the soil, and nematodes, so do not spray it on the soil.

31 Likes

This is fantastic info, thanks @nube!

5 Likes

The essential oils definitely work. I’ve also found they don’t like oregano oils.

6 Likes

Hey @schmarmpit, hope ur girls are doing well. Im at about the 8 wk mark, its hard to get a good pic under grow lights but im lovin the looks of this one.

19 Likes

That’s a sexy fade! :exploding_head:

8 Likes

Absolutely beautiful :star_struck:

6 Likes

Looking great @Stickyjones! Mine have a very similar look. The buds kind of look a bit fluffy, or dready more like, but give them a squeeze and they are solid as a rock. Mine are shaping up to be great producers. Staring to weigh and sag the branches even at this stage.

Here they are at day 44F for #1 and #2, and 31F for #3. I left for about a week vacation and the automatic water system did great. They really bulked up and threw a lot of color between then and now.

GROUP SHOT:

24 Likes

Damn, those are looking great! Their structure reminds me of kodama. Cant wait to see how they smoke.

7 Likes

Thanks! How are the smells on yours? How much longer you think you’ll go?

I am beyond stoked for these. The smells are evolving and I find it hard to describe, but a very sweet tropical fruit candy smell is best I can come up with. Absolutely mouth watering. And they seemed to be finishing much quicker than I expected.

I felt the need for a comparison shot to show size and perhaps color correction. You can probably see that these are going to be great yeilders. The calyxes get real fat and plump unseeded, and the seeded bracts blow up comically large. I did F2 spots on each plant just for safe keeping because I didn’t take any clones.

This is the big girl in the back. Her sisters have equally fat nugs, just not nearly as massive as big sis here. The #3 girl was vegged 2 full weeks longer and is still half the size.

25 Likes

Now I’m craving a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Too bad its 10AM

10 Likes

Im getting the same type of smells, tropical fruit and sweet candy. Im thinking another week or two and shell be good. I always plan for 10 weeks cause i like growing a variety and thats a pretty good middle ground. Yours are looking like theyll yield better than mine, i been dabbling in water only soil and fed her pretty lite.

10 Likes

This girl is packing on the weight and the smells are out of this world. Its like a funk smell then super lemony then tropical fruit and then sour dankness , its incredible how it has evolved.

23 Likes

Man those are beautiful flowers and that description is right up my alley.

5 Likes

This is the time of my grows when I have to fight the urge to post constant pics. They’re just so pretty. The buds are getting extremely dense. No give at all when you squeeze them. I’m a bit worried about mold because only at week 7 and I assume at least a couple more to go. Otherwise very healthy and smelling like fruity pebbles and tropical fruits. My snipping hand is getting anxious. I’ll probably cut an early test nug soon.

28 Likes

Great looking girls, beautiful leaf fade on pics 1 and 2.

4 Likes