Holy's Garden (Part 1)

Better late than never, pulling up a chair. :smiley:

3 Likes

That tk is lookin phenomenal, and yea no matter how much I try to quarantine the plants and only go in fresh/clean. Some cat hair still ends up slippin by.

6 Likes

lol yes! That is me. No getting away from it :joy:

Thanks bro, it’s soo good. Hope you get something close from those TriForce!

@SamwellBB Black River OG all looking great and standing at attention this morning :sunglasses:

Had to remove the shell off the bottom left one, and the bottom right is a bit slow, but otherwise :100:
Everyone is on tap water until we get the first node coming in or they start turning yellow. Then the nutes start :wink:

34 Likes

…recently read that a pH of 7 is better(than lower) for germination/seedlings due to much lower damping off.

Nice listening to you @MCR0161 :clap: Sounded like SkunkVA Jr. :joy:

:evergreen_tree:

8 Likes

How is your soil feed different from your hydro feed?

Does your base soil have a nutes in it out of the box?

Do you reuse your soil and if so how do you amend it between grows?

Lastly do you think I can substitute dog hair for the cat hair? Its more course then the cat hair and I have at least double what you have…cover crop maybe? :grin: thanks

5 Likes

Oh interesting! My tap water is around pH 9 :thinking:

lol Thanks! ^^

I haven’t ran any soil in a couple years but when I was, I ran a super soil, so I only watered with tap.

Hydro is ~2grams gypsum and ~5grams maxibloom per gallon depending on the plant.
Veg is bottom feeding in trays, I just make sure there is a ~1/4 inch of water in there at most times.
Flower is flood and drain on a 5min timer 2x a day.

Not so much ‘out of the box’ as I would add stuff from boxes into it :sweat_smile:
I was running an old mix @ReikoX found on ICMAG awhile back.

TLDR;

Base Mix
7.5 gallons of peat moss
4.5 gallons of perlite
3 gallons of fresh EWC or compost
2.5 cups of dolomite lime

Ammend with
2 cups bone meal
1 cup blood meal
1 cup kelp meal
1 cup greensand (optional)

Let it ‘cook’ for a good 3-5 weeks before use.

I was when I was using soil and I would amend it between grows as well. Long as you know your plants are clean, I didn’t see any reason not to. I wanna say I would amend with alfalfa meal, crab meal… forgetting… Soil stuff I’d look at some one else lol, like Reiko or otherwise. SIP’s also seem like a really good way to go rather than pots and all that and likely where I’ll go if I ever go back to soil. Check out @CrunchBerries thread for that. There’s some other’s around too.

I do reuse my coco/perlite as long as, again, I know my plants are clean. No bugs or anything else, if so, it’s trash or compost depending on the cause.

Most likely :joy: Should be less allergic too I’d think :thinking: but hopefully doesn’t get too fuzzy over there :grin:

18 Likes

Haha your a wealth of info Holy.

Oh I got your hydro recipe it’s actually printed out and hanging on my wall by my nutrients… So don’t think your info falls on deaf ears.

9 Likes

Yet more days go by in the veg tent…

JOTI Northern Lights - ~25 days old

Bottom left one smells just like the 89NL/NL1/NL1HP that’s in the Kryptonite and TriForce. Very acrid, motor oil type stuff. Bottom right one smells like the NL2’s I just looked through, smells like kush.
No gender’s yet. Can’t tell from the pics but they’re working on the 4th and 5th node’s right now. Lowers not stretching out yet.

Black River OG - 6 Days old @SamwellBB

I knew they’d all come up! All on nutes now too and looking great :sunglasses:

49 Likes

fat bottom girls you make the rockin world go round!! first thing came to my mind looking at those joti’s lol.

12 Likes

looks good as usual!!! it`s gone be a lot of fun :smiley:

2 Likes

:joy: 20th Century pride :muscle:

:evergreen_tree:

7 Likes

Well I’m starting to see genders on the JOTI Northern Lights at day 30 of veg…

Gotta love it when these JOTI plants herm in veg :see_no_evil:

May be hard to tell but I’ve seen this enough to know what it is. There is a male ball on the left side, note the extra leaf cupping the bracht. There is female bracht on the right side, note the lack of that extra leaf.

That is the bottom left one here that smelled(stem rub) like full on NL1. I think the bottom right one is a full girl but still early to tell, even for me. Her stem rub smells like kush. The only other one i’m really interested in, is the middle one. We’ll see.

Black River OG at day 11 @SamwellBB

Can already see the Bubba Kush crinkle-leaf trait on a few of these :heart_eyes:

43 Likes

How’s the reveg going on your ssdd mom? New seedlings looking great!

11 Likes

Pssshhhh… I mean, for real, what’s the fucking deal? I wanna be like,”Dude! Until y’all get your shit together, QUIT SELLING SEEDS!” haha.

Anyway, that sucks. I’m not sure I’ve ever heard about herm pre-flowers before, but that can’t be good haha…

11 Likes

Better to find out early than halfway through.

9 Likes

Idk what happened over there. But man they really fell off. I’m glad my collection is all 4/5/6/7 years old, whoever/whatever changed a couple years back has really just destroyed the name. I’ve grown a ton of stuff from JOTI and only herms I had were the last JOTI stuff I grew, was hoping it was just me but it’s all I see anymore is issues with their stuff. :man_facepalming:t2: Sad , one of a few very well known Canadian Breeders. Oh well onward and upward right? Everything else should be stellar :facepunch:t2:

10 Likes

I ended up chopping the mom after 4 weeks at 24/0 and senescence. She just kept fattening up and finishing those flowers, nomming all the leaves. Didn’t wanna risk mold or anything so just chopped her. Technically like day 64? It was 36 days of 11on/13off and then another 28 on 24/0. No nanners, balls, or reveg.

I still have a clone I picked and rooted at 5 weeks into flower that is still alive but hasn’t done anything yet. Father in law has 5 or so he took a couple weeks sooner into flower than I did so we’ll see. I have 4 or so still decent looking snips from @potpotpot trying to root too. Hopefully soon and I’ll be back in business :fire:

Like @TopShelfTrees1 is saying, I heard these days that’s he’s basically no different than the euro banks having Spain “breed” for them. This pack is a year or two old along with my other stock from him.

Oh yeah not the first time ever here. This is probably the third pack I’ve ran that hermed in veg. Like @Foreigner said, I’d rather know now at 30 days than after I’ve uppotted and stuck it into flower. This is another reason why I pop whole packs at a time.

22 Likes

Eff yeah!!! :muscle:

2 Likes

Damn! Maybe JOTI is buying wholesale from a catalog “a la barney’s farm”… Living on old merits.

Pz :v:t2:

2 Likes

More like breeding with lines that aren’t fully tested

5 Likes