Holy's Garden (Part 1)

Idk what happened over there. But man they really fell off. I’m glad my collection is all 4/5/6/7 years old, whoever/whatever changed a couple years back has really just destroyed the name. I’ve grown a ton of stuff from JOTI and only herms I had were the last JOTI stuff I grew, was hoping it was just me but it’s all I see anymore is issues with their stuff. :man_facepalming:t2: Sad , one of a few very well known Canadian Breeders. Oh well onward and upward right? Everything else should be stellar :facepunch:t2:

10 Likes

I ended up chopping the mom after 4 weeks at 24/0 and senescence. She just kept fattening up and finishing those flowers, nomming all the leaves. Didn’t wanna risk mold or anything so just chopped her. Technically like day 64? It was 36 days of 11on/13off and then another 28 on 24/0. No nanners, balls, or reveg.

I still have a clone I picked and rooted at 5 weeks into flower that is still alive but hasn’t done anything yet. Father in law has 5 or so he took a couple weeks sooner into flower than I did so we’ll see. I have 4 or so still decent looking snips from @potpotpot trying to root too. Hopefully soon and I’ll be back in business :fire:

Like @TopShelfTrees1 is saying, I heard these days that’s he’s basically no different than the euro banks having Spain “breed” for them. This pack is a year or two old along with my other stock from him.

Oh yeah not the first time ever here. This is probably the third pack I’ve ran that hermed in veg. Like @Foreigner said, I’d rather know now at 30 days than after I’ve uppotted and stuck it into flower. This is another reason why I pop whole packs at a time.

22 Likes

Eff yeah!!! :muscle:

2 Likes

Damn! Maybe JOTI is buying wholesale from a catalog “a la barney’s farm”… Living on old merits.

Pz :v:t2:

2 Likes

More like breeding with lines that aren’t fully tested

5 Likes

He should never have handed off his business, I looked further into it. Well I asked the oracle “mike” my brother, my mentor. JOTI sold his business a couple of years back and handed it off to others so he could basically retire. The rest is history albeit terrible history. Apparently people are seeking out the old stuff now and paying much more for proven genetics from 2-3+ years ago lol. Glad I’ve got the emails corresponding to my purchases as I have a GRIP of JOTI stuff and I was gonna cry if I had to toss em all or hand em out, we used to correspond 5 years back too, he was hard to get a hold of but a ton of info/knowledge when you did. He even has used a few friends pics for advertisement. Basically do not buy anything new from JOTI unless u wanna seriously gamble and ultimately probably be dissatisfied :man_facepalming:t2: sad man, real sad as he was one of several who put Canada on the map by winning cups etc. when they meant something

19 Likes

Thanks for that explanation! Lots of us were wondering what was going on. I better take a look and see what I’m holding of the old stuff.

Cheers
G

12 Likes

My pleasure @Gpaw I was also dumbfounded , I knew something had to be up.

7 Likes

Putting my old school joti seeds in the gun safe now…lol.

8 Likes

Yeah, I didn’t mean JOTI specifically; I just meant, like, all of them haha. Quit fucking making crosses that herm and quit selling those seeds. If you can’t do that, get out of the business.

5 Likes

Ha right. But it’s fire man! :joy:
Where did I leave that meme at :thinking:
Oh here it is

This would be 2 for 2 on packs of JOTI’s that has had herms for me. His Afghani did the same thing. I had accidentally draught starved them in veg weeks before I flowered them so I figured that was the reason originally, but I had them all looking good before they went into flower too. So now I’m thinking maybe it wasn’t that, and it was the genetics instead :thinking: oh well. Will see what those other 4 NL’s do and hope the Black River OG are more stable :crossed_fingers:

23 Likes

Good meme.

And I fucking HATE memes haha. I’ve only ever audibly chuckled at two of them and you posted them both haha…

5 Likes

Hahahaha, I don’t know but that meme makes me think of cookies and it’s fan base :sweat_smile:

Pz :v:t2:

4 Likes

Fingers and toes are crossed haha. If they won’t strike for you the mom should be ready to be give up some more cuts in a week or two. :+1:

6 Likes

I’ve noticed too much light can cause herms too. I used to get a lot of them til I dialed the lights back. I think there’s a lot of ways to make it happen. Some strains are rock solid but some definitely are not.

5 Likes

Which is why some do better outdoors, where they have natural light and are not rootbound

4 Likes

Heh “too much light”. I tend to run 400-500w in a 4x4. Talking
maybe 900ppfd at the canopy, tops, and 200-300ppfd at the top of the pot.

The sun in comparison, on a clear day, throws down ~2000ppfd everywhere.

I have no time nor want for weak little bitch plants. I routinely run in small pots that are constantly wet with good lighting, good nutes, and extra co2. If it can’t take me at my jungle, it doesn’t deserve me dialing it in.

24 Likes

Yup. I routinely beat the crap out of my plants and it’s all good. I’ve seen more than a few herms but i’m inclined to believe it’s mostly genetic and sometimes shit just happens.

I did have one throw some balls mid flower. I picked them off and it stopped. It was nice weed but not a chance I would grow it again. Takes all the fun out of it.

9 Likes

I’m in the market for a new light and the most attractive one does 900 at canopy at 10” height. Excellent spread.

I’m wary of lights that’ll pump out 1500 in the centre because I really don’t need that and find dialing in dimming to be annoying.

9 Likes

Which light are you looking at? I was just looking at the Grow Light Science lights. Seem to be good for the money

5 Likes