Holy's Garden (Part 1)

Gotcha, no worries ^^

I’ll log everything… somewhere… Was planning on starting a new thread just for them, so it’ll be easy for others to find out info. Would be down for a joint one tho too, like the Purple Unicorn thread that’s used by both schmarmpit and Grohio. It’s whatever really :wink:

I’m hoping it’ll be some nice evening/nighttime meds with the blackbery widow/chem to nl2 combo, will definitely be making seeds with at some point, provided no herms on these :eyes:

4 Likes

Yeah, when I start mine, you’re welcome to post your pics and thoughts, too. I’m not real possessive of my grow logs haha.

I expect it to be pretty mellow/sleepy/relaxing etc. I just bought three packs of Doc D’s Bandaid Haze ix, thinking a Purple NL2/Bandaid Haze cross might yield something interesting. Never made seeds before, but I’m going to pretty soon here. With something. Might as well be the Purple NL2.

4 Likes

Here’s the NL5HSS #5, second round, hopefully not pollinated :pray:
This is 46 days, should still have another ~30 days to go.

And more of the FLC reveg :heart_eyes:

18 Likes

Same here, everyone’s welcome to post whatever in mine too ^^

Nice on the bandaid haze pickup! I’ve really been debating picking some of those up. I’m only wary of the smells with it :rofl: but I know it’s great stuff. Crossing those two should be real nice!

After this first time making seeds, I’m kinda hooked on it now. So easy to get a ton of seeds. Definitely gives a new perspective on seed cost’s :joy: but I will say… shucking, cleaning and packaging seeds isn’t much fun at all and took quite a bit longer than I thought it would. Gained a lot of respect for the people doing seed-runs and distribution. Lot of work involved you wouldn’t think about. It is nice sending em out though and knowing others might get to enjoy them too, especially since they’re free, san’s maybe shipping costs :wink:

8 Likes

What do you mean? Is it supposed to smell gnarly or something?

Yeah, that’s one reason why I need to start making some. Seems kinda anti-the spirit of overgrow to be on this site but not spreading genetics around. Plus, one of the main reasons I started growing in the first place (besides the fact that growing your own weed is super-fun and satisfying) was to make my own crosses. Been over five years now, still haven’t made any of my own crosses haha!

4 Likes

No not bad, just not something I want at the moment. To quote vernal on the smell of the bandaid haze

Smell is curry spices, funeral home, old lady soap, floral, perfume, musty, old books.

If you haven’t seen his thread on them I’d definitely check that out.

But yes, definitely wanna find what works best for me medicine-wise and work a couple lines out. With some side projects too of course, can’t stay away :joy:

6 Likes

Totally man. I was telling someone just today that whenever I get seeds in the mail, it puts a smile on my face. One day when I sent out a handful of envelopes, I realized I was sending out a handful of smiles. It felt like it could get addictive. Lol

I plan to try to hit some lowers of the ppp I have running. I don’t really have the greatest facilities for this at the moment, but I’m sure with some guidance I can make a few seeds. I’m looking forward to giving it a shot.

7 Likes

You don’t want funeral home? Come on!?!? :rofl:

3 Likes

:rofl: none sound appealing really… hate to say it but I like the fruity, citrusy, hashy, sweet skunk or chem stuff right now. But the floral stuff has really been getting to me lately :confused:

3 Likes

With 30 days left, those are going to be some fat colas!!

4 Likes

I hope so! She went 80 days the first time fully seeded and probably could’ve gone longer. She definitely wasn’t filled out then so hoping she does this time and we can really see what she can do.

4 Likes

I’ve heard of much worse really, but yeah, I agree.

I’ve been trying to figure out what to go with next. Orange and Skunk both are sounding great though.

4 Likes

Yeah, I came across that thread this weekend, it’s what made me pull the trigger on those seeds. I don’t even remember what I was initially researching, but I fell down the Google rabbit hole and ended up at Bandaid Haze haha!! The way vernal described it isn’t necessarily my favorite kinda smells, but it’s what I’d expect, given the genetics. And I’m almost seven weeks into flowering some OG and Sour Diesel crosses (and one Moonshine Haze) with some Stardawg f2s and Hell’s OG crosses vegging at the moment (along with those Purple NL2’s and another Haze cross). I figure by the time I finish the Bandaid Hazes, in October (:wink:), I’ll be ready for some different flavors. And effects.

3 Likes

Those are some cool looking jobs right there. That green headband is a pretty plant man. You smashed that one for sure. :grin::+1:

1 Like

When you get a little too close snipping the seed shell in half

Maui Wowie Cherry Bomb is alive!

All 6 of the PNL2’s have popped, think 3 are up but all still have helmets. Should have seedlings here in another day or two ^^

12 Likes

Hate posting these starter pics :joy: but I came home and got 4 of the 6 PNL2’s up and shells off.

Clipped off half a cotyledon on one of them just by pulling away the membrane :thinking: but these didn’t really need, nor did they receive, any help, so that’s nice. The other two should be up by tomorrow morning I’d bet, they’re already trying to come out of their shells.

11 Likes

And everybody’s up!

Order is back to front, left to right, PNL2 #6/5/4/MWCB, #3/2/1
Gotta love seedling stage, right? :joy: These are pretty vigorous so hopefully I can keep em going without missing a beat.

Went back to the original non-amended mix. I think I did 1:1:1 ratio of peat:perlite:ewc: on the Goji’s, instead of the 5:3:2 ratio the original mix called for, and wonder if that made em grow slower. So yeah, back to the original mix, those 3 plus some dolomite lime. I also added some greensand, I know this takes forever to break down but since I reuse the soil too, figured can’t hurt.

Hopefully 1-2 weeks from now will be up-potting to 1gals, then clones a week or two after that, and flower a week or two after that.

Not sure if I’ll do seed run immediately or come back to it but we’ll get seeds one way or the other.

11 Likes

Man, for on paper a 4x4 only being 1 foot bigger than a 3x3 in 2 dimensions, it takes up a lot more room!

There’s so much more room for activities! :rofl: least now I won’t have plants crammed against the wall when I wanna flower more than 1. Tho I’ll need to get some angle iron or something to separate my lights a bit more :thinking:

13 Likes

I’ve read some people say that about rock dusts as well. In that case, it should be a nice slow release.

Its funny how a bunch of people still use it, and a bunch say it takes too long to break down. Personally, I use it. Maybe that is why reused soil keeps getting better. It couldn’t hurt, right?

3 Likes

Right, I don’t see a harm in using it. It’s got a ton of beneficial stuff in there so if it breaks down at all in the first go it’s worth that alone, but worst case, your second go around will still be good too ^^

4 Likes