Hopefully more than a mota of mota's mota

I didn’t take any pictures today, however, I will report that the Cindy 99 is at least as tall as the Scarlet Grapes, and both are displaying the first pair of real weed leaves. Other than that, there havn’t been any real noticeable changes. I know, it’s not a race. I’m just reportin’ the factoids.

7 Likes

Pass the big bong

5 Likes

Oh I like when they first break ground. It begins.

5 Likes

I know this is old, but I feel your pain as I too strictly grow outdoors. I become very antsy when February comes around. Here are 2 Sundae Drivers to begin this year’s grow.

3 Likes

Taken this morning. It’s a beautiful day here. You can see how well the Grapes and Cindy are doing. They are about the same height.

I had a poor angle on the GG and GSC. They don’t appear to have grown much, but they are actually taller than the last pictures.

It’s difficult to see it in this pic, but the AK has moved slightly. In the photo, the seed is about 2/3 of the way down and 1/3 from L to R. There’s a tiny bit of green. I took this pic this morning. It’s afternoon now, and when I looked in on the seeds the AK has definitely shown more movement. I’d be surprised if it’s not up and into the world, probably by tomorrow, certainly the day after.

Thanks for looking. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

You and me both, brother!

I was away for the last eight days, but my slacking off is deeper. Since my last post, all five of my plants have been knocked over at least once, some three times, and when I say knocked over I mean at least some of the dirt in the pot and the entire plant were out of the pot. Fuck.

The first two times they got dumped it was a worthless (drunk) friend of my worthless, though not a drunk, neighbor. The drunk is no longer allowed in the back yard. We’ll see if that lasts. The last time was all me. Two Solos went over, though the plants remained intact in dirt, so putting them back was relatively simple.

Here’s today, after being away for eight days with nobody attending to them. I think they look pretty good.

As for the trip to my son’s house in Portland and then on to my oldest friend’s current location in Tapps Lake, WA (where there is no lake!), here are a couple of shots taken as we were driving. I cannot tell you how much I value his friendship. There’s nothing like someone whose known you since you both were kids. He can call me on my shit like literally no other person, including Mrs. mota. Thank you, Michael, for being my friend for so long. We’ve been friends for coming on 60 years.

Mt. Hood

Mr. Raineer

This is my son’s back yard shot from left to right. The step van rolling home belongs to a friend who is in Colorado at the moment. It’s nice inside. My son and his wife are remodeling the bus on the far right in the last picture of these four. You know, the one you can’t really fully see.

My son is a carpenter, currently working on the Portland Int. Airport (aka, PDX. HA!) remodel/expansion. There was a “small” piece of plywood roof underlayment fall off that wasn’t going to be used and someone asked the kid if he might want it. Hell yes, so they loaded it onto the lite truck (with a forklift). It was true fall off. (For you non-carpenters, “fall off” is the piece that you don’t want when you cut a piece of wood.) In this case, it’s a piece of 3" thick plywood! That piece is the fall off from a single sheet that was 5’x30’. The largest single sheet they used on the job was, if I remember correctly, 8’x40’. Three inches thick. The piece of fall off weighs about 500 lbs. Yes, that piece of plywood was manufactured with 30 plys!

I’ve mentioned stereotomy before, but perhaps not in this thread. Stereotomy is a construction method that dates back to at least the 1300s. It’s literally how every large building was constructed in Europe and N. America prior to about 1900. For example, it’s how Notre Dame was originally built and remains the method for its reconstruction. Here’s the most amazing part to me, as someone who was a carpenter in part of my working life: There is NO math involved, only numbers for measurements.

This is a model my son built for a stereotomy class he’s taking. You can just make out that the top of the dark piece of wood (the king post) is not square, but rather a rhombus. The bottom of the post itself is square. You can also see how the light piece of wood, a hip rafter, intersects the king post off center to itself.

15 Likes

This is really cool! I’m glad you enjoyed your trip, we missed you here.

4 Likes

Outta likes, but just for the next 18 hours! HA!

I had a fucking great time.

I didn’t mention that my granddaughter is going to start tattoo school in the next few months. She got her first large tat late last week. I’m really excited for her. I think I may offer my poor old decrepit body for a new tat once she graduates. Of course, I’ll have to get to her before my son! HA!

Thank you, brother!

9 Likes

Welcome back, buddy.

I was going to ask you what it felt like to wake up with all of your likes for a change :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s pretty cool and welcome back.

I’d think a pendulum on my gut might be a good tattoo.

3 Likes

Thank you, @Coda.

Only 18 more hours till I get more. Damn, I don’t remember. I think I’d better hit the bong.

2 Likes

Thank you, @Foreigner.

I’ll ask her about pendulumic tattoos. It would be cool to have a pendulum moving back and forth across your tummy, though not if you’re prone to motion sickness. And then of course there’s Mrs. Foreigner…

It’s nice to be back.

1 Like

Mrs Foreigner will just have to live with the consequences of my poor decisions.

2 Likes

I have to wonder if she’ll go back and forth on that?

2 Likes

She’s grandfathered in

2 Likes

You guys are cuckoo

2 Likes

We missed you in the Non political things that make you go hmmm thread, but Pete and Prince have done a pretty good job of holding down the fort.

1 Like

No worries, in my experience with kids, they prefer their grand parents to do fun stuff as compared to the parents :wink:

What a cool thing to learn :heart:
Welcome back brother…

1 Like

Glad your back @mota !!
:seedling: :herb:

2 Likes

I got to go through the Willamette National Forest all the way up to near the base of Mt. Hood. Wow… Standing at the base of a “semi-dormant” volcano (in a geologically active part of the world) was a real…thought-starter. The PNW is an amazing part of the world.
Think about it: You can go from a place that never freezes (parts of the coast) and only a day’s drive you can be in a place that never thaws (above the timberline). Very cool.

2 Likes