How did you find Overgrow.com?

back then it was 40+

4 Likes

We could do that too //////20 something

1 Like
1 Like

asking again??? ok this is a no shitter… was smoking on something in the grow, could have been anything good, anyways I was talking to the plants in super chill mode . We always have a lopsided conversation , seems to be always tilted in my favor…well this time, totally different. Oh my babies you looking good today… yassss. looking good…I say.
could hear this voice… . looking good… you think… mother fucker?? Yah bitch we could be looking alot better if you go on Overgrow .com…yah likn the oldn days…plants all talking at once about this shit I knew it was dead… has been for a while… sooooooo went online and the rest is history.

true story.

1 Like

I was younger than that.

Late 90s, I think 99…growing in a 200 gallon Oscar tank…had no idea it had a name. Found this place back then and was estatic to be able to share my set up👍
Do not recall how I found it though…:worried:

1 Like

Back when the main internet service was AOL and the operating system was win95. I was still in Jr. High, my father was the groundkeeper of a large old church in Omaha. They gave him the 3rd floor as an apartment where he was growing weed in a closet that we kept bootlegged VHS tapes in.
He wasn’t doing very well. And I had the idea to look up growing info on the net. I eventually found OG. And the rather large galleries they kept. I had never seen such nice looking grows. I quickly used the site features and educated myself on all these badass strains and where the cultivars came from.
I was even more amazed at the pic quality folks like BOG were posting and at the amount of photos they had posted. I was completely sucked in. Keep in mind I was not smoking pot but was fully informed on cannabis like taking my dads pipe when he got busted in a speed trap or grabing the wheel of the 82stang while he ripped the bowl. Lmao. I was offered many times by many many people. But I knew better.
But eventually I found myself smoking lots of pots and lurking on OG checking out seed companies while ripping music off the internet using Limewire. Then I got busted for possesion at 16. Placement. Then back on OG in 2005 lurking again. Cocaine and other drugs kept me away from OG and I lost my desire to grow and I focused solely on drugs and skateboarding. Bombing hills on mushrooms, blurring glowing green grass flew by as I skated as fast as I could. But eventually i moved south and the herb sucked so i started growing bagseeds from the pound brought to me from mindo. Connection got busted with 22lbs. Growing my own became a strong desire again. Eventually got raided and came home one day to find all my pots in my driveway, completely empty with the dirt in my yard. Missouri went medical and i joined OG.

4 Likes

I found OG in 1999 while searching for seeds.Joined and in 2001 became a mentor and moderator on the outdoor forum.Will never forget the day it went down in 2006 as it was on my birthday.What a gut shot that was.Then in Dec 2019 i was talking about growing with a buddy and did a search to see if any of my old grows would pop up.Much to my suprise there it was in all its glory.The new overgrow.The first members name i searched was Mongobongo as he was just a young lad when i first met him and mentored him.It filled my heart with joy not only to see that he was here,but also that he had grown into such a fine grower and great contributer to the new OG.

8 Likes

I just joined RIU just for the hell of it and man those well known members think they are the Almighty…:joy::sweat_smile::rofl:…they act like they know everything…but that didn’t stop me from calling them dumbasses…I stood up for myself…any members here still a RIU member? I posted on RIU Phototrons thread…a lot of them are all dicks except for XXYZ RIU member,…

3 Likes

This is the first time DrGonzo13 has posted — let’s welcome them to our community!

DrGonzo13

10h

Through PhilCuisine and I am glad that I am able to find a good place to talk about anything growing cannabis and how much more of a community it is for us all to succeed in the future is the ultimate goal in my thoughts

1 Like