How did you find Overgrow.com?

So how to you stumble across Overgrow?

Myself, I stumbled across the original OG back in 2000 or 2001, while searching the web for all things cannabis related.

After it shut down, I continued typing in the URL every couple of years hoping as the Reefer Madness stigma slowly went away, that it would return, which I discovered it had out if the blue in mid 2018…

21 Likes

I was a member back in 2001. I found the site a few months back because of Dana Larsons 100 seed giveaway. His website is overgrowcanada.ca that made me think to check the real overgrow URL and To my delight it was back up and running!!

13 Likes

I think it was around 2003 i had come across it because i had started growing and was doing some research… After it went down i had forgot all about OG, than earlier this year it somehow popped into my head of me wondering what was that growing forum I used to be on… couldnt remember the name to save my life than it eventually came to me and a quick Google search and I had found it was resurrected.

12 Likes

I was doing research on how to start growing at home and stumbled onto Overgrow by accident. Man, I am so glad that I found this place. Best info on the web but most of all,
the best and most generous people belong to this site.
Life saver.
Thanks OG

17 Likes

@Subcool mentioned it was back up on his Weed Nerd show, so here I am…

15 Likes

I wanted to start growing a couple years ago, loved growing shrooms but could never grow weed. Then I joined rollitup…

Luckily, @DavesNotHere quickly steered me in the right direction!

14 Likes

A kind soul from here (regretfully, I forget who it was now) saw me drowning in the sea of assholes over at RIU and told me about this place.

I signed up and have never been back to RIU since that day.

19 Likes

I am soooooooo glad that I left there… I can actually grow a plant without people telling me my lights are shit or I should be using this or that…

Suck it RIU…it’s “bout a lb”!

18 Likes

Found icmag first looking for grow info on Speed Devil #2 (https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=208210) then found Mr. Sparkle mentioning OG and noticed this place is a touch less uhh… touchy.

11 Likes

I always heard the lore about OG back when I started smoking, I wasn’t growing then, but everyone that was involved or interested in growing 15-20 yrs ago, knew about overgrow. So it always stuck with me. That’s why when I found out OG came back, I hurried over to become apart of the community.

9 Likes

Was it not @Esrgood4u?
I followed him from there too as it was full of cock knockers :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

I signed up for every growing forum I came across while googling this and that information but didn’t post on any until I landed on OpenGrow a few years back. I lasted a couple grow cycles there but the site itself was clunky to use and very slow so much that it hardly worked at all by the time I left. (It has been improved alot now but still clunky to use)
OverGrow was my first choice from there for two reasons the culture is chilled and informative and the site itself is fast, user intuitive, and well presented not being cluttered with advertising.

19 Likes

Yep, I bet it was. Good call.

3 Likes

Was a young boy. A teen. A friends hippie grandma told a million stories about stuff we would never smoke again. Said thats why she saves seeds from all the good stuff throughout the years. I started saving my seeds.

Smoked some “Catpiss Dro” we overpaid for.
Googled how to grow weed indoors :sweat_smile:
Found OG among others. Round 2005. After it went down i was on ICmag following. Found OG again earlier this year. Cant remember how, but thankful because those other communities are akin to dumpster fires. Sometimes.

8 Likes

Found OG 1 about 2004. Was around til the day it went down. After that I just kind of went through life. Couldnt stand any of the other forums of the time. Checked every year at first, then every couple years, then started a family and forgot about it until a few months ago. Randomly decided to check the URL and holy shit there it is! OG was back, and I’m back on the path I would have been down the whole time had OG never gone down

14 Likes

Digging through the internet last year looking at blue dream grows. Clicking on random links here and there. Ended up reading someone’s auto grow thread on here (which I couldn’t find for the life of me, once I joined). Didn’t even consider that I would be so active a member. I never join anything, never been a group kind of person, even as a small child. Guess you assholes won me over. lol Seriously, I just became so in love with growing and when I first layed my eyes on some of the outdoor growers gardens, something just sparked and I wanted a garden like that. You guys have no idea just how much I’ve learned from this forum. It’s mind blowing. At this point, I just consider most of you my people too, can’t even think about not seeing what you guys are up to on the regular.

Much Love, My OG Fam!

24 Likes

A few months back I was telling a friend who was showing interest in growing about the old days on OG and I was explaining to him how I built a stash box that got featured on the GrowFAQ. He had no idea what I was talking about so I tried to google it in hope that a picture was maybe still around on google pics or something. Low and behold there it was Overgrow was back and so was part of the grow FAQ at least. I am ever so glad it’s here, I don’t think we’ll ever have the info back from the old days but you know what IS back? the spirit of it all. How fuckin kewl is that shit? I was a faithful lurker on the OG Overgrow, I live in Oklahoma and it just always kind of skeeved me out to think about posting pics of my grow in the internet of all places. Here’s a link to the rescued GrowFAQ post…

https://overgrow.com/t/how-do-i-build-my-own-stash-box/303

Here is the box still in action to this very day.

Thank you guys and gals for making this happen all over again!

Ya’ll be good to one another!

fr0g_D

19 Likes

I was a lurker on the original site starting around the early 2000’s when I first started messing with the interwebs, but was to paranoid to join. After all the bs went down, it reassured my paranoia. Fast forward to 2018 and my paranoia slowly declining, I was doing my usual cannabis related research and a article came up from this site. When I seen that it was posted in 2017, I immediately googled overgrow, found the site, and promptly registered. I love this place.

14 Likes

I started lurking around for a few years when I got back into growing. Then I really got reading the micro grow section at icmag. Then I caught wind that a couple of the guys I looked up to ( @ReikoX and @Mr.Sparkle ) had moved over here. I never looked back.
Overgrow is the bomb and it’s all because of the community on here!

18 Likes

The Universe haha…No really…I was looking for information on growing Not-Till…Then seen how great of a community it is, and decided to stay. I have been on other boards…But nothing is like this one. Thanks to the ones responsible for this site. It has been awesome for me to see such a huge database of info, and good peeps always offering their time, and help. You guys rock…

K.

9 Likes