How to connect multiple ebb and flow tables in series to one main rez

Hey amigos, so I am installing 5 4x8 tables that I want to be able to control in a network. I want to do ebb and flow with clay pebbles. I have been racking my brain, and have come up with the conclusion that it is NOT possible. I wish it were. Anyone have any ideas on how to have the 5 tables ebb and flow and than drain together to the same rez?

Are they all in a line or staggered? If you put them on the ground itd be really easy. Or if not you can raise your brain bucket to the same height.

1 Like

a manifold with solenoids controlled by a controller like growduino or growmat.
turn pump on and activate solenoid 1. later… turn pump on and activate solenoid2… and so on.

1 Like

I was thinking staggered with a 2ft space all the way around each one. I am going to build a wood base for each one.

I had not thought about on the floor! I think you are onto something.

the problem is I use a bottom drain on the table so it will drain completely.

1 Like

I’ll draw something up for ya in a sec

1 Like

Water flow dosent know the difference just need a taller bucket

2 Likes

Taller bucket is all that I need!!! Good answer!!!

I will get a trash can.

I have made many controllers

I don’t have a pic of the one I made for the larger room, but it controls 240 buckets

6 Likes

1 Like

Just make sure the pump in the brain is bigger than one in rez n even if timer isn’t set perfectly it’ll still not over flow

1 Like

The lines will be against the wall and the low end of the table will also be against the wall.

I estimate 30 gallons of water for each table for a total of 150 gallons, so I will need extra volume to last 5 days. I will probably go with a 300 gallon rez

Why do they have all there own line’s? You’ll still get even flow if they’re share the same line and itd be less work/maintenance. Also if the rez is right next to the controller gravity will empty it for you. Usually it’d fill it too but not here bc it’s elevated. I’ve got the same idea but not elevated but the rez pump will run into a spray nozzle to force extra air.

1 Like

1.Because of the connection from the controller bucket to the lines. I have gromets/ o rings that I can add to any thin walled plastic container.
2. The fittings I have for the tables have a hose fitting already on them.

The entrance filling to each table is 1/2" so, 1/2 x 5= 2 1/2" If I were to use a 2 1/2" main pvc, I would need to find out how to connect it to the controller with out it leaking. Than, I would have to find tee’s that were 2 1/2 on the horizontal and 1/2 on the vertical. or, reduce it. than, I would still need hose because of the table fitting.

Ohh so you’re worried about how fast each fills if it goes through just 1 line. Personally i wouldn’t bc the rate of flow into the bucket is what’s really going to affect the water flow the most . Also you could run your 1/2 into 1 inch if your really worried about it. 5 half inch pipes don’t equal a 2 1/2" pipe just like two 6" inch pizzas dont equal the same amount of pizza as a 12" the 12 is alot more pizza

1 Like

my worry is how to seal the pvc line to the connector bucket. Another worry is the drain speed, but If I have them (feed lines) slightly elevated so they will fall into the controller, it will be a faster discharge.

yea, I already have a 1 1/2" submersible pump, so It would be 1 1/2" main with 1/2" outlets for the tables.

Ya i’m a vinyl tubing fan cheaper, easier to cut, easier to work with, less leaks.

1 Like

You guys are going to get tired of me and bell siphons… :slight_smile:

Im considering doing a variation of this for my two tray setup - but with an air pump instead of the water pump.

Oh - you need to be sure the pump fills the control slower than the siphon drains it. If it is faster, thats ok, but you will need to add another over flow to increase the drain rate, or add a float switch.