How to make a male into a female?

It’s not for the bud. It’s for the beans!

2 Likes

Always wondered how this goes…
Would that be back crossing?
Grow regs
Find female
Clone it
Then grow male from same genetics and pollinate the clone.

Or would that just be a f1. .

And why do you need to keep using the same male pollen from first round?

Because exactly that - it’s from first gen?

And I got the bx now

You cross the offspring back to the parent line.

3 Likes

LOL, looks like you beat me to the answer to your question, you got it right!

The classic example is Cinderella 99

(check out the genealogy section, you can see the backcross progression)

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Excellent! Some nice Bed time reading material.

I have more questions but I think if i read this , I’ll find my answers lol.

Merry Christmas in t-15 minutes.

First place in Canada / North America to hit !

2 Likes

I’ve taken the time to think about what to do, because yeah probably won’t ever have good bud if I make seeds.

As @Gpaw said….better get a good looking female and start back crossing until I get to where I want. With that being said if I save pollen from most, I already have a female SSDD Bubbashine pheno and two ladies that smell kushy I can very well just make my own back cross until I get where I want with the pollen.

Id be better off keeping the kushy SSDD and keep back crossing those off spring until 4th or 5th gen. And make my own Milk N Cookies. I think the florel just might not be the best for the situation I’m in and the outcome I’m aiming for.

Edit: just for the sake of the information …had I gone through with it I would have done this.

1:10 dilution rate or 550 ppm twice a week and mix every time I use it

Just in case someone needs help some years from now this would be the way I’ve put together that would work based on info from different sources

5 Likes

Cool, sounds like a productive direction, and yea, you certainly wouldn’t get much in the way of good bud from reversed males - as you can see in the pic I posted above, @HolyAngel is absolutely right about the Dr. Grinspoon look.

And thanks for the note on ratios, good info.

Good luck, and keep us all posted!

1 Like

I have some bottles of a product called “Sensa Spray”… would that do a male to female conversion?

1 Like

Not familiar with it, but at a quick search it looks like it’s been around for a while an advertises enhancing female qualities. I’d certainly do a little more research on exactly what it is, but could be worth an experiment.

Florel is the product you are referring to I believe.

1 Like

Isn’t it colloidal silver?

No, that’s to make a female throw nuts.

How’s that going? Did you proceed with the project? Any results or conclusions yet?

Can I get more insight on directions when it needs to be applied and how much it needs to be applied to the male plant in order for it to turn into a female I have a breeding project of two strands,blood diamond og x 707 headband I acquired the seeds from a local Mendocino grower and I’m trying to get the headband hunt on what would you say and how I could possibly maybe get a back cross by finding what what resembles more of the 707 I have 40 seeds male and female and I want to hunt through every one of them including the males I know what the 707 looks like is it possible

That should be it. I haven’t read or seen anything else on the subject yet and I still haven’t actually tried it yet. Would love to hear direct info from shabud on the process but that’s what I got. Hoping to try it out myself here this summer/fall.

1 Like