How to make a male into a female?

It seems I’ve reached a shitty point. Spent good money on this and boom all fucking males I believe. I think I read somewhere I can reverse a male but I have no clue what it’s called and specially the process of spraying, when and how much. I need to reverse two ! :slight_smile:

Chemical name was found also used a lot by 797 seed bank

3 Likes

Dont think that works lol ( but im a noob so idk what im talking about. )

You can reverse female to male though through hermaphrodite

1 Like

I’m pretty sure there is a way I just don’t know where to look for factual info

I’ve seen references before, a chemical of some sort but I have no idea if it is factual or how it is supposed to work.
I would strongly suggest you collect and preserve some of the male pollen, we’ve produced viable seed from 2+ year old pollen.
…Call it a plan “B” so to speak.

Cheers
G

7 Likes

I’ve heard of breeders using florel to reverse males, and that selfing a male will create both male and female seeds

5 Likes

I’m heartbroken ! I believe I have a Milk N Cookies cross. Maybe I can collect pollen and hit one of those females.

How many generations do u think it would take to get milk n cookies out ? .-.

2 Likes

That’s so interesting I need to read more about it… I’ve heard mixed answers this being the third different kne

Shabud from 707 talks a good bit about selfing males in the potcast episode he did I believe. Either that or the breeders syndicate podcast

4 Likes

I believe ur correct 707 did ! I found it earlier on le google

Can you help me find the episode ?

1 Like

If it was me, I’d hunt through some Big Bud and find a ‘nice girl’, clone her and cross. Rinse and repeat but keep crossing back to the same male pollen.
1st cross = 50%
2nd cross = 75%
3rd cross = 87.5%
4th cross = 93.75%
etc.
quit when you are happy with the results.

I’ll bet there probably more efficient ways but this I understand.

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Perfect. I have Sunshine Daydream - Bubbashine pheno in my tent and two leaning to a more kush scent. So it begins

1 Like

I found that but it doesn’t have the info I need. They ended up doing nothing of use in that thread

I emailed 707 seed bank and I hope they are willing to share basic info

1 Like

It literally had the name of the chemical you were looking for in the first post.

3 Likes

We literally spoke about Shabud with 707 seedbank. Jokes aside he did some impressive work worth looking into…pretty cool dude.

Thank you for your initial comment.

I found someone who’s done some work with Ethephon I’ll make it into a whole new post once I figure this out so there can be more public information in regards to reversing males !

One last question

Should or would I even NEED to search through every generation and find the leaning Pheno or just keep hitting the next gen until I reach 4th or 5th ?

1 Like

Might wanna search icmag I believe Sam the skunkman did some experiments with turning males to females and succeeded I also believe neville has done it before also so mr nice forum is another place I’d search .

1 Like