Huge net pots at low prices

Am I the only one who imagines using clothes baskets as net pots for the ultimate outdoor hydroponic grow? Putting it into a 55 gallon drum.

9 Likes

:sweat_smile:, that would be interesting to see!

1 Like

Admit it, we all see the possibilities. So who is getting on the bus this Summer…Let’s try it

2 Likes

Funny you say that… I’m building a 1200 gallon DWC outdoor grow.

:laughing:

13 Likes

That’s what I’m talking about. Unlimited possibilities. How are you controlling root temperatur?.

1 Like

I was just having a little fun with you. That’s actually a rainwater collection system.

No real reason to hydro outdoors IMO. If you want giant plants start some high yielding strain indoors. Then transplant outdoors, give it what it needs and then try to figure out where the hell you are going to hang it when it’s time to dry.

4 Likes

I am planning on hanging them inside the shed or the garage, and there should be some huge plants this fall. Should be fairly cool at harvest time, so, it does depend on the weather.

PS I am wondering if that laundry basket is really tough enough?? :confused:

2 Likes

Years ago a buddy called me up to find out how to dry his first outdoor plants. He had 3 of them laid out when I got there. We ended up using every inch we could find in his empty 1 car garage.

I remember the one time I did DWC indoors. Rosetta Stone which is an average yielder. Didn’t take long for that plant to take over some major space in my 5’ x 5’. After she was harvested I decided I would never do DWC again unless I wanted to only run 2 plants.

2 Likes

I am still somewhat of a bush grower.

The small plants are manageable and all, but who can resist the massive colas?

2 Likes

But they told me that SIZE DOESNT MATTER :sob:

4 Likes

It would be fun to try it.

Well… At least up until that point where my wife notices the laundry basket is missing. :laughing:

3 Likes

Although cannabis is my primary interest, I also work part time with local organic farms.

I have used a lot of different containers and seen thousands of the same type of plant grow side-by-side… and for large-scale production where a controlled media environment is desired, and a container of volume of over 25 gallons is required… it’s either burlap, or wooden-crates. But if you’re going to use burlap and the plant is going to be cultivated indoors you might as well throw it on a plastic pallet base…

If you’re having any trouble with the burlap container holding too much or too little water, all you have do is add or subtract layers to achieve the desired moisture level.
It cost pennies, and is very easy to install and manipulate.
It is what commercial farmers use when working with thousands of plants,fluctuating market values,shitty margins and high labor cost…Plus it’s completely natural and you’re not contributing to The gigantic carbon footprint of The plastics industry.

2 Likes