I dont like to smoke - what do you recommend?

You got better, what you got?

99%

Salutations 99PerCent,

If you’re asking about the vustomized VG pipe then here’s a reminder what i had in mind by posting here:

But now it appears to me that the OP prefers concentrates after all.

Good day, have fun!! :peace:

I am loving this RSO in capsules stuff - compared to the other concentrates Ive made - for sure :slight_smile:

Progress report on lecithin in the oil: I kind of think that - maybe - the RSO is a little more potent/sedating than before I added it - maybe, possibly, perhaps, etc etc.

This is soooo subjective. Im not at all certain if the change is real, or if its just wishful thinking/slight variations in dosage/changes in my pain level from one day to the next, or something else.

It for sure made the mixture much more uniform/smoother looking after it cooled and hardened. It took a lot longer to harden in the fridge too and I think it melts a little easier as it warms up, but not a huge change I dont think.

Also, IF it did get more potent, was that due to the lecithin, or to the second heating cycle or some of both? Either way, its not something hugely dramatic.

Im not in a position to do more rigorous testing, so you will all have to take this with the usual grain of salt that you would (hopefully) apply to any other stoner review :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If it became more bio-available, it would increase the effect. The primary property of lecithin, is that it allows “oil” to mix with water (emulsifier). In food, it increases the ability of the food, to become more easily processed by your system. Lecithin increases the bodies ability to transfer nutrients, minerals, water, etc. between cells.

Some say it enhances flavors, I would believe it, but this is probably subjective.

1 Like

Well, I think the lecithin is worth adding just for the better mixing with the coconut oil, even if it doesnt enhance the effects. Im still leaning towards it making the oil stronger in its effects though - wishful thinking or not :slight_smile:

Ok - off on a tangent - dry ice hash.

I just read through another thread on here about making dry ice hash. That caught my interest, so Ive been reading as much as I can find about that for the last couple of hours.

Im liking the idea for several reasons. Its much faster, much safer, and will be cheaper to do. I paid $40 for the Everclear I used, and I can buy two sets of bags for that much on Amazon - which I am assuming I can re-use several times.

However, being a clueless newbie, I have questions…

Are you extracting the same thing with both techniques? Is the alcohol dissolving the same trichoms that the dry ice trick is sifting out?

Which technique results in more good stuff from a given amount of buds/trim?

Is there any point in doing an alcohol wash of the leftover trim/bud after doing the dry ice thing, or is it just the trichoms you want and not the stuff inside the plants?

After the dry ice sifting, can you directly dissolve the resulting hash in coconut oil to put in capsules?

Would you decarb before sifting or wait, and decarb the hash after?

Can you use the dry ice technique with wet fresh harvested stuff or must it be dry?

Inquiring newbies want to know - and most people who do tutorials, write-ups, and videos, assume the readers know a lot more than I do :slight_smile:

All kinds of topics in your questions.

The trichomes, will break off of the leaf when frozen, as they are brittle. This can be achieved dry or wet. Many will argue the wet is a smoother smoke. For cooking purposes dry is fine and takes less time. By dry, this would include dry ice as described all over this site, as well as bubble bags, etc.

The trichomes, once separated from the plant still need to be decarbed to achieve max buzz, however, with CBD, and for lower dosing, refer to consuming non-decarbed cannabis.

Dry Ice and wet weed, probably a way, I can only imagine it being a mess. The bubble bags, I believe, will work with fresh cut herb, but, again, use that search button in the top right corner to unleash the Overgrow database.

99%

Dry ice hash, when done correctly, will break off most of the capitate stalked trichomes. The bulbous trichomes are generally not removed using mechanical sifting like dry ice, bubble, and dry sift. The solvent disolves both.

Solvents, generally, will grab more of the good stuff. See above for an explanation of why. Dry ice has the potential to be loaded with broken plant matter if shaken too hard or too long.

An alcohol wash of the leftovers will still pull left over THC, but it will also pull a bunch of chlorophyll. I would use the resulting Green Dragon in topicals personally.

Bingo! These are what I refer to as BrassNWood hash caps. BrassNWood has a thread somewhere on Grass City about doing just that. You can find that thread here.

After is generally recommended as it is easier to remove the trichomes be for it is decarbed.

I would let it dry, personally. Some people like to make fresh extracts, but I prefer my hash cured like bud.

3 Likes

@ReikoX

You are the man!

Well done and to the points.

99%

1 Like

Thanks to both of you, but especially ReikoX! You filled in so many of the blanks I still had after spending hours and hours reading and watching videos!

Im finding that there are two main obstacles to learning this (new to me) hobby. Pretty much everyone who writes up a tutorial or ‘how to’ article or starts a thread on a forum, assumes that “everyone knows” the basic terminology and background information.

Trying to research, define, and absorb a ton of new acronyms, and terms you have never heard before, can be a challenge. Thats especially true if the words have some sort of insider, cryptic, or stoner definitions that are not generally known outside the hobby, but that “everyone knows”. Everyone but you!

The other big problem for me is that there is soooooo much conflicting and/or vague information out there! Some of that is I think because many folks who write things and post them on the net, do so while well ‘baked’ :slight_smile: The other problem is that we are dealing with biology, which is not an exact science. There is a lot of subjective interpretation, and judgment involved that is hard to teach someone who has no experience.

For example, I have been reading about foliar feeding for the last hour or so. Some people say to do it at lights OFF - to avoid light burning from the drops, and several said to only do it just after lights ON! The worst part is that BOTH groups claim the plants absorb the nutes better if done their way - even though they are completely opposite times!

In any case, I am now much better informed - thanks!!!

2 Likes

You will soon be one of OG’s resident experts. Stick around.

LOL! Its gonna take a little while longer I think :slight_smile: