I have stuff to trade

How about a place where you simply post a list of what you have available to trade. No games, no need to lurk waiting for a chance to pounce. if you like what is offered, simply reply out in the open what you are offering.
When the sender mails it, edit the offer page; mailed to @JohnDoe on (date). list multiple names and dates as more trades happen.
The mail recipient edits their post with the date received.
Having everyone know in the open if someone is slow or not mailing out. Maybe something like this has been tried or not permitted. Is there something more needed?

3 Likes

@Scarlyle

(Cough cough)

:man_shrugging:

21 Likes

I dont get why people dont do that here. For the most part you have to post in that one thread and hope and pray that someone reads through it and finds your lost post.
i dunno about the whole listing your trades thing in your thread ( we just need trade ratings) but i would love to be able to see others members trade list.
i tried to make a post but unfortunately you can only edit your post for 1 month so it makes my trade list null and void. my wish list/trade items

2 Likes

There is a whole section of the forum dedicated to rating people and their trades.

https://overgrow.com/t/psillyrabbitstrade-rating/140635

5 Likes

yes there is. i got a whopping 2 response after giving out at least a dozen packages.

2 Likes

Why would a trade rating get you more responses?

why would you want to trade with someone with ease of mind ?

No one said you wouldn’t. What I’m asking is why would you get more ratings using your method compared to the one already in place.

Try and talk to the people you traded with and see if they are willing to rate the experience? Personally I don’t feel the need to rate my interactions with people but if somebody specifically asked me to I would.

3 Likes

If its attached to your name you dont have to hunt for it.

1 Like

I get that, there is a location in your profile to link the thread. You click the profile and the link is right there.

7 Likes

You’ve got to see the new thread before you can comment and vote on it. OG is a popular site and new threads get buried very quickly.
I’m sure most trades have went perfectly for you and your a good person that sends stuff out promptly but most OG members only scroll so far down.

4 Likes

:shrug:
i still like trade lists…

4 Likes

I am pretty sure we got trading down to a science on OG, been at it for years and most times it’s positive. The trade thread is great because people have the thread set on watch so they get notification when someone posts there. Lately every new person creates a whole new thread normally saying “I am looking for this strain”, lol. Then it get’s buried or nowhere near as looked at since it’s not on watch by half the site. It was never like that before but has become what everyone does. It’s the same with creating new threads for every random thought that pops into peoples heads without searching to see if there are already 10 like it. Creates a bunch of work for the poor MODS who spend much of their time merging threads to get rid of all the redundancy.

On the subject of a trade list, if you like the idea of a trade list you can have one @PsillyRabbit . When you make your list just make it a wiki. Then you can edit it past that one month barrier. That should solve that for you if you would prefer to do it that way. :v:

13 Likes

Thank you! I’ll shut this one down

1 Like

That’s good advice, it’d be awesome if we could get the ideas about using a wiki for your available list, using the watch feature, and linking your feedback thread in profiles added to the stickied thread in the Trading Post topic!

2 Likes

No need to shut it down man, I was not referring to this thread in my comment. Nothing wrong with kicking around ideas in this thread. One good example of that is some wanting a trade list. I think the solution I suggested could work for that situation. Never anything wrong with open dialog and exchange of ideas bud. It can be very useful. :V

3 Likes

Too late, I already submitted it and relieved I wouldn’t have something I have manage. LOL

4 Likes

Please refer to the following thread for general trades:

Alternatively, for a listing a larger number of items to trade personally, consider opening an individual thread within the Trading Post category. Thx.