I’m a dad - life changer

Congratulations @Soiltech, you’ll do fine my friend. Been a long time since I changed a diaper :nauseated_face:

6 Likes

I’ve always referred to babies as booger machines but that doesn’t mean I don’t like ‘em.

Congrats to you and yours and find some time to sleep.

8 Likes

I didn’t want a kid either… wasn’t particularly excited throughout the whole pregnancy lol.

But 8 years later and I can say this is the best thing that’s ever happened to me.

Sounds cliche as fuck… and I hate that it comes off like that. But it’s honestly true.

6 Likes

First few years it was a bit of work. But as he’s gotten older he’s like my little homey lol. My best friend.

6 Likes

Congrats, that’s wonderful! :partying_face:

3 Likes

My best friend is my 4 year old and I dont care who knows it! lol
Congrats and welcome to the Dad-Gang. Its the best.

10 Likes

This thread made me all emotional, lol.

8 Likes

Congrats! This is a new path on the journey you are on!

Congratulations!
A job with no pay but the most rewarding!
:v:

3 Likes

If I had to give advice as someone who had my first 2 years ago…

There’s gonna be a LOT of dumb advice people give you.

Lots of “mommy blog” nonsense, outdated information “let your kid sleep on their stomach”, etc. Try not to worry so much. Just listen to your pediatrician. Everyone has an opinion and many feel VERY strong about shit. Don’t feel bad if you have to switch to formula. We gave up breastfeeding because it just wasn’t working and so many women will try to make you feel bad for doing so. It’s a WEIRD world.

And one more thing.

The Magic Merlin Sleep Sack. Of all the items we bought, were gifted, handed me down, all these different things…this is THE ONE YOU NEED. It is so much easier than swaddling. This thing got us so many extra hours of critical sleep. They go down so much faster and sleep so much better. I cannot possibly stress this item enough. Sleep is now your most precious resource and this delivers.

White noise machine is also a godsend. Those diaper genie refills are a fuckin SCAM.

3 Likes

Congratulations! Now the work(and the fun) begins!
Positive vibrations to you and your family!

1 Like

Congratulation!

Enjoy every second of such a wonderful experience.

I have a bunch of advice but if I were to only give you one piece of advice I would say, “Take pictures, more pictures and then more pictures”.

They grow up so fast and if you did not go absolutely nuts shooting pictures he will be a young man before you know it…

Pictures… Pictures… Pictures…Pictures…

2 Likes

Congratulations!
So many happy and wonderful times ahead for you! :slightly_smiling_face: :+1: :v:

1 Like

Congratulations @Soiltech. What a blessing brother. Payers and vibes sent. :partying_face:

1 Like

Congratulations !!!
All I can say is be tolerant with your young one and be a parent and a friend, but parent come first. My wife and I will be empty nesters by the end of summer with a 18 & 20 year old boys. When living in the moment it seem to take forever, but when you reflect on the past years it goes so fast. So spend as much time with your child as you can because before you know it they are out of the house thinking they know everything, but know nothing, lol…

6 Likes

Mazel tov @Soiltech !!!

:partying_face:

3 Likes

Congrats! Enjoy the little bugger!

2 Likes

Congrats it’s the best you’ll find out!!!

Paws

2 Likes

God bless you and your family!
Congrats

2 Likes

Congratulations
A child is one of the most precious and life changing events that can happen to a human being.
To many more :wink: :laughing:

2 Likes