Idk something amazing I guess

it was not that faded when I flushed it got worse.

I am using RO water. 720 ppm with nutrients. the phs are within .05 of the chart, I calibrated my ph meter at the beginning of the grow(or more accurately just used the included chemical test strips to confirm it was reading correctly as it was brand new)

Though I will say I have not been super impressed with this ph meter if anyone has a good suggestion let me know

4 Likes

What are the units corresponding to the numbers in the nutrient columns?

My guess is that the plant would have liked the nutrient mix at a higher concentration, especially during the preflower stretch and for the first couple of weeks of flower after that. That is when the plant is the hungriest during its life cycle.

Also, switching to a higher P ratio in the nute mix too early will cause N deficiency in the plant.

Also, because you are using RO water, the CalMag should be fed at a higher ratio than indicated on the chart.

Flushing the plant with only RO water starved it, so it consumed resources stored in the existing plant matter to sustain new growth.

I didn’t see what light you are using, but if you are pushing it with strong light and warm temps, it is even more hungry.

I use tap water that comes out of the faucet at around 200ppm. At the heaviest, from befinning of preflower stretch and for the following 3 to 4 weeks I feed in the range of 1000ppm to 1200ppm. I supplement CalMag with Botanicare CalMag+ at a rate of 2mL/gal. I use GH Maxi dry nutes. I also supplement with BluePlanet EasyWeed at 1/8 tsp/gal. I feed only high N veg MaxiGro through the end of preflower stretch and the beginning of bud development. I transition to high P MaxiBloom over the course of a few weeks, and I feed with only MaxiBloom for the final 2 weeks before chop. Bloom nutes have way more P in them than the plant can really make use of.

2 Likes

ml per gallon

temps are usually between 69-72 it is bestva TF650W (however one of the bars is broken unfortunately seems to be an issue with the connection I havent fixed it yet) this is at 75% I can measure the brightness tomorrow when it turns on

Gotcha I am not super familiar with nutrients as this is my first forray into them. Would the suggestion at this point be to increase calmag and nitrogen(via the floramicro most likely)?

2 Likes

The existing plant matter will not improve, once it’s like that, there’s no changing it back. Only the new growth can look healthier.

I wouldn’t make drastic changes. Flushing is a drastic change. Better to make small changes. I would bump up the CalMag a little, abd bump up the nute strength a little.

Ideal temp with LED lights is like 80F to 83F. 69 - 72 is low for LED. Low temps can retard growth and nutrient uptake.

I would work on getting the environment dialed in and make slight changes to the feed with a little bump up in CalMag. Most CalMag supplements have Calcium Nitrate, so be aware that when you increase Ca, you are also increasing the ratio of N.

1 Like

Hmmm ok short of putting a space heater in the tent I’m not sure how to increase the temp the fan is at the lowest speed the only thing I could think to do is to have the fan itself on a timer turning it off and on. My concern with that is controlling humidity

1 Like

I realize its mostly about the weed here but ive started my other seeds for the year aswell cant wait for some fresh salsa

4 Likes

Hi @Streckles . I would love to watch you grow other plants as well as cannabis. :grin: Everyone here grows all kinds of things. We are a very prolific group of plant lovers. :nerd_face:

1 Like

yea honestly a fair bit of those seeds are really early but… ehhhh I love watching seeds pop out of the ground

1 Like

Germinating a seed is as close as you can get to being like GOD. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

still needs work but I let the garden get really bad last year so I am putting a few hours in here and there while its cold outside to get it back in shape.

this is only 1 of 4 beds but I forgot to take pictures of before on the other ones

and dont worry all that material that was removed will get put in the compost pit

6 Likes

I take a “zen “ approach to my gardening. I dont till, I dont weed. I transplant the seedlings or lightly scratch in seeds and then let lem run. I dont have the heart to kill weeds. I gently push them out of the way. I do water when they need it. I love all plants. They fascinate me. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Except kiwi plants of course.

5 Likes

No those are the most loved, they are very good!

4 Likes

Kiwi plants= good :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Kiwi fruit = bad :face_vomiting:

4 Likes

Boooo. :yum: fruity dankness

4 Likes

lol the kiwi convo invades all threads, yea normally I would leave the ground less disturbed but in this case I was dealing with a lot of grass. its difficult to pull and will just keep coming back if you dont destroy the roots or poison it and I dont like using poison in the garden

2 Likes

so once I increased nutrient a little the one plant got YUGE.

what do you guys do with the plant waste I mean its not something I can just put in my compost outside

5 Likes

What waste ? Burn everything. :wink:

2 Likes

haha I mean that could work my other thought was to put it through a food processor before putting it in the compost. would people recommend reusing the soil? I mean since I am adding a bunch of nutrients anyway does it even matter?

actually to add on to next steps ive spent a lot of time looking into the drying and curing. but I havent found great videos on trimming anyone have any good places to look for that?

2 Likes

Throw it all in a bag in the freezer. Add food scraps to it in the freezer then throw it all to the compost. :metal:t2: At least this is what I do when I have more leaves than would look right for the compost

3 Likes